• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like you. Your fault, probably.

Fixed. Go Blackhawks. Hossa's been punished enough for his going to the Wings.

She was going on a mass-murdering spree. I'm lucky to be alive, let alone still have balls to clench in pain.

I'm a Wings fan. And the Wings need to can their Coach. It's his fault for refusing to play one of the best Goalies in the league over some (relatively) third-rate hack.

She was going on a mass-murdering spree. I'm lucky to be alive, let alone still have balls to clench in pain.

I'm a Wings fan. And the Wings need to can their Coach. It's his fault for refusing to play one of the best Goalies in the league over some (relatively) third-rate hack.

Yes, I know you are. And really? Osgood? He's worse than Niemi. Howard's been great. They didn't change it for no reason. I can name six goalies better than Osgood off the top of my head:

Luongo

Miller

Giguere

Voukoun

Bryzgalov

Rask

Edited by Ar-Wing Pilot

Yes, I know you are. And really? Osgood? He's worse than Niemi. Howard's been great. They didn't change it for no reason. I can name six goalies better than Osgood off the top of my head:

Luongo

Miller

Gigure

Voukun

Bryzgolov

Rask

What?

Osgood barely got any playtime this year, playing less than 20 games. Only a few years back, though, he was the third-best goalie in the league, behind Hasek.

Luongo

Miller

Giguere

Voukoun

Bryzgalov

Rask

Actually Osgood's been underrated for a pretty good while. It's not just because of guys like Datsyuk and Zetterberg that the Wings were still working post-Yzerman.

Besides, you never know when either of those is going to crumble. Luongo's not that stable in playoffs and neither is Miller. Giguere and Vokoun inherited of pretty shitty teams in front of them, sadly (and in Toronto's case, the 7th floor isn't that bright either with trading the 2nd choice overall for Phil Kessel). Bryz is ok I guess, and Rask is just starting. He could possibly do like Raycroft and be a big flop the next year. Hell Thomas was awesome the year before Rask was, and we both know what happened.

Osgood is pretty much my second behind Brodeur, really. But hey, at least you didn't put Nabokov in there, and that's coming from a Sharks fan.

What?

Osgood barely got any playtime this year, playing less than 20 games. Only a few years back, though, he was the third-best goalie in the league, behind Hasek.

Never mind.

Playing behind a team like the Red Wings helps a bit. Osgood never drug a team to the playoffs, much less a finals. That alone takes him down a few notches in my book.

Actually Osgood's been underrated for a pretty good while. It's not just because of guys like Datsyuk and Zetterberg that the Wings were still working post-Yzerman.

Besides, you never know when either of those is going to crumble. Luongo's not that stable in playoffs and neither is Miller. Giguere and Vokoun inherited of pretty shitty teams in front of them, sadly (and in Toronto's case, the 7th floor isn't that bright either with trading the 2nd choice overall for Phil Kessel). Bryz is ok I guess, and Rask is just starting. He could possibly do like Raycroft and be a big flop the next year. Hell Thomas was awesome the year before Rask was, and we both know what happened.

Osgood is pretty much my second behind Brodeur, really. But hey, at least you didn't put Nabokov in there, and that's coming from a Sharks fan.

They do have a ton going for them otherwise, though. Osgood is one of the weak points, in my mind, and that's saying something. I'm not saying he's bad, I just don't see him as a top goalie.

Luongo was never helped by his defense. Only now for Giguere. Anaheim has always been a great team, and still is; if it wasn't for that horrid start, they'd of probably been at least like Montreal this year in the playoffs. And I suppose, regarding Rask. We'll see.

I can't help but say Brodeur's overrated. He's not as good as he once was.

Edited by Ar-Wing Pilot

I can't help but say Brodeur's overrated. He's not as good as he once was.

I'd value Brodeur's experience who has been consistent for over 15 years rather than a rookie like Rask who could crack next year.

However they are indeed making him play too much, which is pretty much why the Devils, the Sharks, the Canucks and in theory the Panthers shouldn't go far in playoffs. It's good to alternate a bit, especially during the season, as it helps goaltenders rest a bit.

Edited by Dio

I'd value Brodeur or Osgood's experience who has been consistent for over 15 years rather than a rookie like Rask who could crack next year.

However they are indeed making him play too much, which is pretty much why the Devils, the Sharks, the Canucks and in theory the Panthers shouldn't go far in playoffs. It's good to alternate a bit, especially during the season, as it helps goaltenders rest a bit.

Oh, certainly. I'm just saying I wouldn't pick him as the 'best goalie in the league, barring maybe Miller.'

In regards to the Panthers, hopefully this new guy (Markstrom) they signed could take some of the load off.

Oh, certainly. I'm just saying I wouldn't pick him as the 'best goalie in the league, barring maybe Miller.'

In regards to the Panthers, hopefully this new guy (Markstrom) they signed could take some of the load off.

Miller didn't win a Stanley Cup, he can't be the best.

They kinda need more firepower in front first. Priorities, guys, stop getting d-men and goalies already.

Miller didn't win a Stanley Cup, he can't be the best.

They kinda need more firepower in front first. Priorities, guys, stop getting d-men and goalies already.

Ha ha, oh yes. And they kinda got Pilot's Luck'd with the draft: Third in the draft when there are two huge offensive players. :awesome:

Too bad for them. At least their defense is solid.

But going 12 games with, what, 7 goals at one point?

They really need to get something going on offense. Maybe Tallon can pull something off for them.

But going 12 games with, what, 7 goals at one point?

They really need to get something going on offense. Maybe Tallon can pull something off for them.

They'd probably need either a free agent who could use a tan or a lucky draft pick in the later rounds.

Also I may have forgotten to show you this, but:

ovi.jpg

They'd probably need either a free agent who could use a tan or a lucky draft pick in the later rounds.

Also I may have forgotten to show you this, but:

ovi.jpg

So, they just need to pull a Red-Wing-Draft. Hmm.

:D

You haven't.