FE4 THREAD

Fia

Thank you.

ScreenShot357.png

Did normal mode bore you this time, Srs?

The fact this works makes me wonder if there's a way to edit savefiles/use cheat codes to unlock the other scenarios.

Edited by Mr. Facepalm

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

I had already beaten Normal mode yesterday morning. Let's just say I was more interested in seeing the last chapters and unlock stuff than having my already powerful units become more power. Really, it's freaking easy to get several of your units to at least 20/15 with all the dragons running around in this game.

I can't remember if reinforcements acted in the same turn they appeared in Monshou. If they did, then I don't think Shin Monshou's normal mode is really normal.

I considered testing, but I kind of lack proper saves for that. I did notice, though, that the invisible barrier in chapter 1's mountain path only exists in the original version of FE3. They fixed it in 1.1.

EDIT: Oh wait, looks like I do have a final-2 save around, and they move when they appear.

I think I'm going to disagree with you here, Srs.

Edited by Mr. Facepalm

Hmm?

About FE3DS's normal mode really being normal. You get a free turn against reinforcements in it, which didn't happen in the original game.

Also, gotta know what the stupid second point thing is. Just Camus' BSFE map and 0 points on it again.

Maybe I could help if you had a screenshot.

I wish somebody would compare their save files before and after downloading extra content.

Edited by Mr. Facepalm

About FE3DS's normal mode really being normal. You get a free turn against reinforcements in it, which didn't happen in the original game.

I was mostly referring to the difficulty. Despite that, enemies manage to be strong enough that I wouldn't dare to solo the game with an overpowered Paladin. Unlike in Shadow Dragon.

Maybe I could help if you had a screenshot.

Ugh, I'll try to get one but for some reason No$GBA seems to have some slowdowns during the gameplay.

I wish somebody would compare their save files before and after downloading extra content.

What for?

I was mostly referring to the difficulty. Despite that, enemies manage to be strong enough that I wouldn't dare to solo the game with an overpowered Paladin. Unlike in Shadow Dragon.

Your Sirius solo plans, ruined?

I'm guessing that's because of dragons.

Ugh, I'll try to get one but for some reason No$GBA seems to have some slowdowns during the gameplay.

Odd.

What for?

To see if it's feasible to unlock those extra scenarios via savestate editting.

Your Sirius solo plans, ruined?

I'm guessing that's because of dragons.

I didn't plan on it but if the game was so goddamn easy that a Paladin could solo it, I'd have Paola solo the game. Best of my units no doubt.

Yes sir. Flying bastards packed 15 SPD and this is around chapters 11-13. Also, 25-30 ATK on them... yeah...

Odd.

Muting the thing speeds things up. Forgot about that.

To see if it's feasible to unlock those extra scenarios via savestate editting.

Ah, alright then. So just start a file on prologue 1 and create 2 save copies, one with the episode and one without right? On it.

Edited by Sirius

I didn't plan on it but if the game was so goddamn easy that a Paladin could solo it, I'd have Paola solo the game. Best of my units no doubt.

Yes sir. Flying bastards packed 15 SPD and this is around chapters 11-13. Also, 25-30 ATK on them... yeah...

"So you have 20 defense? What of it?"

Muting the thing speeds things up. Forgot about that.

Still odd. Is your PC old?

Ah, alright then. So just start a file on prologue 1 and create 2 save copies, one with the episode and one without right? On it.

Alright, thanks.

No need to convert them, btw. That comes later.

I have the most incompetent professor for a college course ever.

<comment>

Edited by Mr. Facepalm

Seriously. This guy has errors in about four or five questions of every quiz, he's never available to be contacted about it (On the off-chance he does actually read his e-mail, since he's NEVER in his office, he'll fix those errors, but...) And he says it will take him an entire half of the course to grade one of the most important grades in the damn class. Which we turned in at the fucking half-way point.

"So you have 20 defense? What of it?"

Yup, quite the assholes. It didn't help that I couldn't find Physic staves often enough either (couldn't find the secret shop that had Reblow staves in the first Ice chapter.

Still odd. Is your PC old?

I dunno, I bought it early this year and thought it had decent specs. It's No$GBA 2.6a btw.

Alright, thanks.

No need to convert them, btw. That comes later.

http://www.mediafire.com/?q4xdx1dwievvd2r

Yup, quite the assholes. It didn't help that I couldn't find Physic staves often enough either (couldn't find the secret shop that had Reblow staves in the first Ice chapter.

And since avoid doesn't exist in Akaneia...

I dunno, I bought it early this year and thought it had decent specs. It's No$GBA 2.6a btw.

That's quite odd, indeed. No$ isn't very system intensive.

How does it run Desmume?

Thanks.

BTW, what save type is that?

Edited by Mr. Facepalm

And since avoid doesn't exist in Akaneia...

That didn't matter in Shadow Dragon but I do believe that lower accuracy on enemies with the use of the terrain is actually more notable in this game than it was in FESD. That or I'm just luckier here. Plus Swordmasters have a +10 avoid class bonus.

That's quite odd, indeed. No$ isn't very system intensive.

How does it run Desmume?

Worse. In No$GBA the % it displays is 87%-100% for chapter 23. Chapter 22 gets some "fatal" error and just crashes.

Thanks.

BTW, what save type is that?

From the R4 flash cart. I convert it with this:

http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php#

settings being...

http://i30.tinypic.com/sfzayp.jpg

That didn't matter in Shadow Dragon but I do believe that lower accuracy on enemies with the use of the terrain is actually more notable in this game than it was in FESD. That or I'm just luckier here. Plus Swordmasters have a +10 avoid class bonus.

Well, Shadow Dragon didn't have dragons everywhere.

Worse. In No$GBA the % it displays is 87%-100% for chapter 23. Chapter 22 gets some "fatal" error and just crashes.

May I ask what are your PC's specs (specifically: processor, RAM memory and video card)?

From the R4 flash cart. I convert it with this:

http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php#

settings being...

http://i30.tinypic.com/sfzayp.jpg

I see.

So Sirius, when are you going to reveal those answers? I'm shaking in anticipation to see how well I did! I'll be so happy if I somehow got the last one right!

I'm closing the thread and revealing the answers today or tomorrow.

Edited by Sirius

lol relatives

kk

Anyway here's the ratings thing after beating a BSFE map. Translate if you can.

ilxdl1.jpg

I'd say speed, resources, survival, experience.

Also, I'm comparing the savefiles.

The differences are actually quite massive, so I guess they're really downloaded into the battery.

Edited by Mr. Facepalm