Old FE1 advertisement

VincentASM

Credits to 2ch

There's probably not much to discuss, admittedly, but I thought it was quite amusing. The above image is actually from this week's issue of Famitsu, but the ad itself is about as old as the game.

Besides "Fire Emblem" being spelled slightly differently, something that caught my interest is the promise of multiple endings. The original FE1 only had one ending, right? I know FE3 had two.

It's more the entire middle eastern region than Greece alone, though there's obvious influence of Greek/Roman ideas--Marth, Minerva, Mercury Sword, etc.

Ad reminds me more of your standard JRPG than an SRPG. The chapter looks like that port chapter.

Is it just me or does Jagen look like an older version of Arden in that picture?

Meh. I don't see it.

Hey, who's that guy on the right with the brown hair...? O_o

Huh. His mug in Fe1 looks blonde. Anyway, he's blonde in Fe3 andt in FE:DS

So? Alm's mug has blue hair even though Gaiden's boxart clearly displays him having green hair. I can think of several other cases where a characters in-game appearance differs from their artwork (the color of Jagen, Maisen, and FE6 Marcus' armor for example).

So? Alm's mug has blue hair even though Gaiden's boxart clearly displays him having green hair. I can think of several other cases where a characters in-game appearance differs from their artwork (the color of Jagen, Maisen, and FE6 Marcus' armor for example).

Ah.. I see where you're getting at.

Like Seth's horse! :D

Not all official art is the same to the games when it comes to NES games.

I mean, Simon Belmont is either blonde or brown haired.

Or red.

Then there's Castlevania Judgment which raped the vision of 70% of the characters.