Leaf vs Altenna  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Personal Preference

• Leaf
    • Altenna
  2. 2. Superior Unit

• Leaf
    • Altenna

Yeah I know...Jamka vs his brothers should be next, but honestly that would be a waste of time. So I'm only going to do rivalries where there is at least a good chance of it not being a blow out.

The prince of Lenster, Leaf vs the princess of Thracia, Altenna.

Altenna for both, easy.

Personal preference-Leaf is a pretty boring character, your typical prince out to regain his kingdom destroy great evil, etc. Altenna is the adopted daughter of her own parents' murderer, and also in love with that murderer's son (who is a good guy). Her personality, and dialogues are far more interesting.

Superior unit-Altenna starts strong, and ends insanely strong. She is a flier (superior to ground or mounted units), and wields the mighty Gae Bolg, which boosts her attack power even further. She is easy to raise, starts at level 17 with good stats.

Leaf is a pain in the ass to raise, but worth it since he gets insanely strong. However he starts out at a low level, with no pursuit, and unmounted. He promotes to the awesome master class for all your work, but using him before promotion is such a drag.

Double Leaf here.

Sure, Althena can get the biggest attack power in the game and starts very near her promotion (arena -> Dragon Master, really) while Leaf has no Divine Weapon and starts in an unimpressive class... but whatever.

Althena joins when mage opponents are becoming abundant, so her high defense doesn't matter much, while her low RES and evade make her vulnerable.

Meanwhile, her little brother becomes the best rescuer ever once he promotes. Delicious utility. Raising him isn't an issue if you abuse, and guess what.

Personality-wise, I find both bland, so whatever. lol2ndgen.

Leaf for both. Doesn't fatigue, has the light sword, supports a bunch of people, and he contributes (varying) leadership stars.

Too bad none of that applies to FE4. =\

Anyway, I picked Althena for both. No reason in particular.

Altenna. Leaf takes a while to turn into that monster, while she already starts good.

Aaaand Altenna has a better backstory

Bear in mind, this is ONLY taking FE4 into consideration. FE5 stars Leaf, and Altenna isn't even playable she just makes a small guest appearance. Thracia 776 is irrelevent to the poll. Therefore...

1. There is no fatigue

2. There is no rescue option

3. There is no arena abusing

Raising Leaf is like raising an unmounted Noish. Good stats, no pursuit. Yeah he has berserk and continue those won't activate much until he gets into the mid to late teens in levels. He can't finish off opponents, plus he can't hit and run. He can't make it far in the arena either while unpromoted.

Altenna being a flying unit can hit and run, however the big advantage of flying is she can fly into the mountains or thick forest (unreachable areas for enemies)...meaning she can attack and really get away with it. Mages or archers, it doesn't matter since they won't be able to touch her on enemy phase (or player phase in the case of archers and mages who don't have high HP). Leaf promoted can hit and run as well, though he'll likely still be in enemy range.

Altenna has the Gae Bolg and an A in swords, that is more than enough, and she doesn't need to be babied.

Yohan vs. Yohalva will hopefully be interesting.

It would be, but what do we do about their other brother...who is a master knight, and inherits the legendary axe? What do you guys think?

Throw Brian in there if you want to, don't expect many votes on him though, he sucks.

Leaf for both. Altenna's a great unit but Master Knight greatly improves his combat as well as making him the best Rescue staff user which is very helpful.

It would be, but what do we do about their other brother...who is a master knight, and inherits the legendary axe? What do you guys think?

I don't usually bother voting for units I can't control, as far as their usefulness is concerned. Can't speak for others.

Leaf for both. Doesn't fatigue, has the light sword, supports a bunch of people, and he contributes (varying) leadership stars.

Isn't this Fe4? XD

Anyway, I'm going Leaf for both as well. :D

I don't usually bother voting for units I can't control, as far as their usefulness is concerned. Can't speak for others.

Only sibling I'd vote for that you can't control is probably Alvis or the sibling I prefer best if the poll is between siblings you can't control such as Ishtor and Ishtar (which will no doubt have a landslide victory for Ishtar).

Only sibling I'd vote for that you can't control is probably Alvis or the sibling I prefer best if the poll is between siblings you can't control such as Ishtor and Ishtar (which will no doubt have a landslide victory for Ishtar).

Oh indeed.

Also Tiltyu vs. Blume vs. Ethnia.

One of them is an enemy. The other is the mother of two subs. >_>

That leaves Tiltyu.

Anyway, Leaf for both, since this isn't for Thracia.

Personal preference: Althena. I kinda like them both but personality wise Althena is better I think. Story wise they're the same teir with me.

Superior unit: Leaf. Comes early and is insanely usefull if trained. Althena is horrible for a holy weapon user.

Gae Bolg is probably my least favourite holy weapons, and I'd take Master Knights over Dragon Knights any day.

Bear in mind, this is ONLY taking FE4 into consideration. FE5 stars Leaf, and Altenna isn't even playable she just makes a small guest appearance. Thracia 776 is irrelevent to the poll.

Maybe for you its irrelevent, but to me it is relevent. Therefore, it does have an influence on my vote, even though its not FE4.

Leaf is sucking all the way until Ch9 where he promotes, then Altenna joins and both are really good. Altenna >>> Leaf for never being a drag.