Vote an FE game for a new debate tournament

Vykan12

Which FE game should be the subject of a new debate tournament?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Choose n stuff

• FE1: The Original
    • FE2: Gaiden
    • FE3: Mystery of the Emblem
    • FE4: Genealogy of the Holy War
    • FE5: Thracia 776
    • FE6: Sword of Seals
    • FE7: The Blazing Sword
    • FE9: Path of Radiance
    • FE11: Shadow Dragon

See topic title. Post the reasoning behind your choice if you want.

FE8 and FE10 are omitted because they have had recent tournaments (see here and here).

Edited by Vykan12

I voted Thracia. It is relatively unexplored, unlike FE7/FE9(/FE10) which has eternally rehashed arguments. It has no real split teaming, there are no super broken resources available (scrolls are closest, and they can be traded around so easily), it is quite accessible to emulate...and it goes quite a bit further than stats, which means more logic comes into play.

Is there a particular reason FE8 and 10 are missing? Is it because there were recent debates on these games?

I would like to debate FE9, I think the support system and lack of split teams makes it easy to debate. FE10 would be good too though.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Path of Radiance is my favorite as well. Otherwise Thracia 776 would probably be the most interesting.

I'd say FE6, since it has some semblence of balance while still not being too easy or broken. FE5 would be fun, but it would just end with "lolwarp hax, lategame barely matters". FE9's got a bit of a problem with their paladins, FE7 and 8 would be no fun, and FE10's just a mess with characters. FEDS could be a cool debate, but unless proper rules are made, it'll just turn into "Just go axe route"

FE4's winning? Mercy on those who're gonna debate that.

Edited by Pretty Boi Wolf

FE5 would be fun, but it would just end with "lolwarp hax, lategame barely matters"

Hey that sounds just like FEDS

Also, imo votes without justified posts shouldn't be counted. Who cares what FE4 Thread Fanboy #233 thinks we should debate about when said fanboy does nothing but posting in the FE4 thread?

I'd say FE6, since it has some semblence of balance while still not being too easy or broken.

Buyable stat boosters >_>

Also, imo votes without justified posts shouldn't be counted. Who cares what FE4 Thread Fanboy #233 thinks we should debate about when said fanboy does nothing but posting in the FE4 thread?

The poll is just a way of gauging where most of the debating interest lies. The posts are obviously going to be given more weight.

Hey that sounds just like FEDS

Didn't say it wasn't. FEDS is great till you realize how hilariously strong axes are. Then it tends to get muddled together. Still fun that the characters function semi-uniquely.

Buyable stat boosters >_>

Which anyone can use, not sure what the point is.

There's only buyable robes in Ch16x though, and in FE6 often times offense is actually more difficult to have more of than defense (due to relatively low enemy hit)...and I guess you can buy everything in Ch21 but the game is almost over there.

We don't care about you either, don't worry.

I'd say FESD just because but... no one's gonna vote for that. Besides, it's more fun and killsome to not Warp-skip chapters.

Since I have a bit more experience with FE9 than I do with FE5 (speaking of that, gotta finish B2 AFAIC so I can annoy Mekkah with FE4), I'll vote for FE9.

I would say POR.

There are no split teams and such,as previously mentioned.but with things like BEXP coming into effect,it would be interesting to see what people could come up with.I haven't had to much luck with debates,but if someone gets me stats,I'll probably give it a shot as well.

Didn't say it wasn't. FEDS is great till you realize how hilariously strong axes are.
Something most people don't realize, is that Lances will have the exact same Mt ratings when you factor WEXP bonuses when fighting Lances, and at times Lances will actually be stronger since you can still see the occasional sword using enemy on H5's later chapters.
Besides, it's more fun and killsome to not Warp-skip chapters.
One can chalk up warp staves to every single class swappable character in the game being able to use them at some point, so other aspects can still be important to debate.

I personally voted FEDS, just because, but I can fully understand why FE9 won since most FE9 fans seem to be debate savvy.

It seems FE9 is winning rather convincingly. I'll make a sign-up topic so mods can close this now if they want.

Edited by Vykan12

Yeah I know this topic has served its purpose but just want to chime in.

I don't get how people think FE:SD is so difficult to even debate on. Both choose a character, decide on what route they'd like to take (i.e. Fighter -> Hero) and continue with the debate as usual. It's just like any other old debate, except scratching the bitching of support arguments (which to be honest I hate) and focus more on the character and its strengths. Then allow a little forge here and there, maybe mention something like a Brave weapon if it's a conditional, and call it a day.

It's not even that hard to calculate the statistics either. One can easily calculate it just by slapping the route in FEPLanet, then you have HM stats right in front of you on the forum here. Not seeing how it's difficult to be honest as long as you don't juggle the hell out of the character class-wise.

It's probably not a matter of difficulty, but a matter of preferring games with more options. FEDS is heavily a stat based game, while FE5 or FE9 has other features alongside stats that define character strengths and weaknesses.

What'd be the point of an FE4 debate? You can field everyone in FE4 >_>
You can't field every possible pairing child, and FE4 uses an item system where you can't easily share resources, meaning that debate on which character better uses an item (as well as the children that will be using the passed down ones) becomes a much bigger focus. Edited by Chainey

It's probably not a matter of difficulty, but a matter of preferring games with more options. FEDS is heavily a stat based game, while FE5 or FE9 has other features alongside stats that define character strengths and weaknesses.

Tsk, missing out on all the fun. I get the point though.

(With reclass, I find options to be pretty vast if you ask me).