FE9 tourney sign-up

Vykan12

Removing Ether and Sirius allows us to do a regular 8 person tournament.

Yeah, though I guess you should see if anyone else wants to drop out. It probably shouldn't be elimination though, because that would make Round 1 pretty pointless.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Removing Ether and Sirius allows us to do a regular 8 person tournament.

Yeah, though I guess you should see if anyone else wants to drop out. It probably shouldn't be elimination though, because that would make Round 1 pretty pointless.

practice?

If we do do elimination, double or standard? I prefer double.

Edited by kirsche

practice?

If we do do elimination, double or standard? I prefer double.

It just seems a little unfair to make Round One practice after it's already been completed. I guess Vykan and whoever else can weigh in on this too.

Personally I would run it like so:

Each winner (including Red Fox) gets one point for this round.

We have 2 or so more rounds of debates, everyone gets a point when they win.

The 4 debaters with the highest point scores move on to semifinals(Ties are resolved by margin of votes won by in debates).

2 rounds single elimination from there.

Wait, has Sirius actually quit yet?

And why is Ether DQ'ed from the tournament just for missing the deadline in her first debate? It's no different than just losing the debate normally.

Wait, has Sirius actually quit yet?

He said that he thinks he should drop out. It's his choice, but we shouldn't really force people to continue if they would prefer not to.

And why is Ether DQ'ed from the tournament just for missing the deadline in her first debate? It's no different than just losing the debate normally.

If someone is DQ'ed, don't you think they'll be more likely to be inactive in the future? I don't think we want to have many DQs overall.

Yeah, and for all we know cows may start growing themselves another ear on their ass.

There's a deadline people should catch, and if you don't, you're disqualified. It's as simple as that. Unless we're talking about a certain FE8 debate tournament on FEP, that is.

Ether is by far the least active poster here, so unless he/she speaks up, I have no problem DQing him/her. As for Sirius, it's up to him, but I'm not keen on unmotivated debaters since that hurts their debate quality.

I have been having some trouble coming up with a response,so,as to not hold up the tourney any longer,I`m gonna drop out,i guess I`m just not cut out for scheduled tournaments...If you still want me as a judge,let me know.

OK, assuming no one else wants to drop out that would leave us with 8 participants. It just comes down to the matter of a points system vs. simple elimination then, I'm in favor of points so that we don't just act like Round 1 didn't happen, but I suppose it's up for everybody (mainly Vykan) to decide.

It's not really important who wins, the idea is just to get some quality debates going. The point system will lead to more match-ups, so I'll go with that unless anyone is exasperated already.

Kieran/Zihark/Geoffrey

EDIT: It's semi related to the topic at hand, might as well ask here. Fox, you want to do Kieran vs Jill in the probable event that matchup doesn't get paired?

Edited by Norton Sez What?

Kieran/Zihark/Geoffrey

EDIT: It's semi related to the topic at hand, might as well ask here. Fox, you want to do Kieran vs Jill in the probable event that matchup doesn't get paired?

You mean if we don't do that for the tournament, you want to do it anyway? Fine with me, I guess.

Red Fox (Largo) vs Mekkah (Ranulf)

Cynthia (Elincia) vs Vykan (Ulki)

Kirsche (Soren) vs Tino (Ilyana)

B2BD (Geoffrey) vs Colonel M (Haar)

Any objections? I don't care who opens, though I'll volunteer to open for my match-up.

Edited by Vykan12