General KOF Thread

Rehab

Or Mac's Ask Questions about 98 Ultimate Match Thread.

Recently got, figuring things out. Fatal Fury characters and Ikari Warriors burn it up etc.

Anybody have tips/the game?

Edited by Mac

It all began in '94

Kept on rollin' in 95'

Which was replaced with '96

And came to an end in '97

And now we come to, here we go

KOF is here again.

Nothings gonna stop 'cause it's 1998

(yes, king of fighters)

Edited by Mac

Heh, 2k was my favorite.

But on '98UM, people said that the GODAMN AWESOME Boss Team is quite what it says.

I played most of them, 'cept for the 3D ones(that were quite good, some said), and I played very few of XI. Shame, looked TOO good.

This guy writing the 98 UM Yamazaki tutorial makes him seem so bad when he can't be that bad, lol. "If they predict everything you do with this character you'll never win, such is our curse as Yamazaki players"

This guy writing the 98 UM Yamazaki tutorial makes him seem so bad when he can't be that bad, lol. "If they predict everything you do with this character you'll never win, such is our curse as Yamazaki players"

But that could apply to everyother fighter in the game :mellow:

I could see one Yamazaki player being on a tough situation if the other knows what version of that snake-like punch he used.

That's my point, the writer is silly. Yamazaki has some awesome heavy long range pokes, but the writer's response to it being so beefy is that "a good player will just roll through it" or something along those lines, even though it's not that laggy on whiff and that seems like it will only work if you're predictable on a pretty stupid level. He's kind of negative lol.

Edited by Mac

And Yamazaki can be quite a bastard. Countering projectiles and shits.

But the one character that is like the most unpredictable has to be Chin.Gotta love playing as him.

Every Chinese FG character that is not Lei-Fei or Fei Long is detestable and annoying. Always. grrr.gif

I dunno. my mom came home from a business trip in china, and gave me a 36-in-1 Gameboy color cartridge and KoF '96 was on it. LOL.

Mr. Big pwned... But my team was usually

Terry

Kyo

Leona/Kensou

Every Chinese FG character that is not Lei-Fei or Fei Long is detestable and annoying. Always. grrr.gif

Riiight. I bet Chin kicked your ass a few times :P

And what about Chun-Li

fffufufufufufufufufuffffckckkckckckckckckdddiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

-bought 98 UM 2 weeks ago for $20 on PS2

-my PS2 controller got mangled by dog and is barely playable

-I barely know anybody to play it in person with anyway, much less anybody who has initiative to learn more

-360 redrings after almost 3 years going strong

-I learn that tomorrow the game comes out on XBL, and will have online

Fuccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccckkkkk

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

everybodyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Billy Kane rules you fools. Fatal Fury 2 forever!

As for KoF though, yes. 'Tis epicness cramed into a game series, though sometimes it gets a tad rediculous and so what if I'm a Mai Shiranui fan?

Also, anyone excited for King of Fighters XII?

They're calling the gameplay a return to the old KOF style. Works for me since I suck at some of the combo hoops the later ones lik 02 seemed to put people through. Leona/Kim/Dou Lon or Joe or Andy ahoy

Nah, the only real bugger I have with XII is that are no real teams. Only "random" characters.

But ohwell, Iori got his clothes changed, so that's all for the best, I guess.

I reserved KOF XII I plan to get back into the fighting game craze, but does anyone know if Kula will be in the new one?

You could have just wikied it:

* Ash Crimson

* Duo Lon

* Shen Woo

* Kyo Kusanagi

* Benimaru Nikaido

* Goro Daimon

* Iori Yagami

* Athena Asamiya

* Sie Kensou

* Chin Gentsai

* Terry Bogard

* Andy Bogard

* Joe Higashi

* Kim Kaphwan

* Raiden

* Ryo Sakazaki

* Robert Garcia

* Ralf Jones

* Clark Still

* Leona Heidern

Console-Exclusive Characters

* Mature[8]

* Elisabeth Branctorche[8]

God damn it it feels like every time I turn around I must play with a new character. (without getting consistent with anybody that isn't Kim or Joe) Fucking appealing character designs.

God damn it it feels like every time I turn around I must play with a new character. (without getting consistent with anybody that isn't Kim or Joe) Fucking appealing character designs.

Robert Garcia. Then you would have the same team as me.

Also, K9999 is a fun character to use, given how some commands are hard, and some are simple.

Tetsuoooooooooo

While Robert is indeed awesome (kick a dude in the face -> pop your jacket -> like a boss) if I had the game I would be so tempted to play an Akira char copy-off no matter how hard he is. Fuck you KOF character select screen.

Also, is

lol @ both time outs *shing, sparkle sparkle*

IDK, I'm not onto much of KoF's competitive play, but 777 sure looks like a good Kim player.

That combo of 6 hits looks easy and cheap, maybe I'll try it next time.