Mental Sicknesses

Just call me AL

Ah, I got prescriptions straight from a psychiatrist. Lol I didn't actually figure you could get the stuff that works from anywhere else. Slightly better answer: If he's afraid of the meds a psychiatrist prescribes, and he's not bullshitting the psychiatrist any, encourage him to go for it some.

Edited by Mac

Ah, I got prescriptions straight from a psychiatrist. Lol I didn't actually figure you could get the stuff that works from anywhere else. Slightly better answer: If he's afraid of the meds a psychiatrist prescribes, encourage him to go for it some.

You can only (legally) get them from psychiatrists and doctors. Even then, it's not like they use different medications. It's still a gambling game that some people aren't willing to play.

It's still a gambling game that some people aren't willing to play.

Yeah, I used to be afraid of of the stuff, but happened to take to them. "The meds WILL work" wasn't the best way to put it, but I was afraid I would be cheating or something as a person when I started taking them, or that I would be one of those guys who would take them and would go way off the deep end, when that was kind of pointless of me without having any way to know vs my psychiatrist. What I was trying to get at: if he hasn't taken shrink approved meds and refuses to try, make him at least try, because even the possibility of soothing obnoxious feelings of shittiness > leaving them as they are.

Edited by Mac

Sort of off topic, but does anyone ever wonder how many people fake mental illnesses to get the drugs legally?

Most people that fake one mental illness are going to have another.

A great, great many psych drugs are not merely highly unpleasant, but also expensive.

Most people that fake one mental illness are going to have another.

A great, great many psych drugs are not merely highly unpleasant, but also expensive.

True, but I'm sure some addicts have it planned out so that their insurance will pay for most of them.

As said before, pills don't always work. While I don't know about this shit, I can guess that these pills are quite dangerous. Drugs like Ecstasy change the way your body works with emotions. A drug prescribed by a doctor does the exact same thing, so I'm guessing that these drugs are harmful if you grow a tolerance to them.

The best, and only advice to be given is asking what the hell is wrong, then tell him to suck it up. Everybody has problems, no one needs a fucking emo-kid runnin' 'round.

As said before, pills don't always work. While I don't know about this shit, I can guess that these pills are quite dangerous. Drugs like Ecstasy change the way your body works with emotions. A drug prescribed by a doctor does the exact same thing, so I'm guessing that these drugs are harmful if you grow a tolerance to them.

The best, and only advice to be given is asking what the hell is wrong, then tell him to suck it up. Everybody has problems, no one needs a fucking emo-kid runnin' 'round.

No.

Where the hell do I begin?

1st off, medication for mental illness is for helping cope with a problem, not to trip balls. Medication might have side effects, but it HELPS with something in return. Secondly, it's better than just letting it go untreated where it is surely able to get worse.

Thirdly, if you're gonna ask him what it is just to tell him to suck it up, why the fuck did you even bother asking? Fourthly, if there is ANY suggestion worse than meaningless comforting words..Even something like clinical depression, you can't just tell them to stop being a bitch. That's a retarded idea, likely to only make it worse. That's just clinical depression, things worse than that exist and worse things tend to be much harder to deal with. For all you know, the guy the OP's talking about has cerebral palsy. Now I may not be the brightest person on Earth, but I don't think telling someone with a mental illness to get over it helping at all in any possible way.

In case you and certain other people posting in this topic don't get it, this is how you talk to your friends when you're bullshitting around, not how you actually treat someone who may be mentally unstable.