The official Est and Radd Hate Thread

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread was originally meant to be flat out hate.

ezzactly

Tier list discussion for single player game producing hate remains lol

Tier list discussion producing hate in general remains lol

Tier list discussion over FE producing hate remains as lol as she ever was

Uh-oh, what's this? Is dat sum Est?

*snip*

At first, I though her hair was brown.....

Sorry, you don't want to. She's not barefoot

Edited by NoNameAtAll

Hmm, Caeda, Palla, Catria, Claire, Fury, Fee, Femina, Karin, Misha, Thany, Tate, Juno, Florina, Fiora, Farina, Tana, Vanessa, Syrene, Marcia, Tanith, or Sigrun? I don't think I left anyone out, so I must of got the right one somewhere in there!
I'll give you a hint, in FEs with supports, all but one of the support options of the peg knight I hate are female.

ezzactly

Tier list discussion for single player game producing hate remains lol

Tier list discussion producing hate in general remains lol

Tier list discussion over FE producing hate remains as lol as she ever was

Whatever. Hate being produced is unavoidable, but it doesn't make our tier lists any less legitimate.

Oh don't pout like that, notwithstanding that I was being 90% flippant I recognize that Fire Emblem forums have drawn standards by which they rate characters in as consistent a way possible and do as good a job as they can with it, and SF does their bit of it fine by me, that's not the point. Problems that may be presented:

- Compared to multiplayer game tier lists which keep some level of tabs on a changing competitive environment, single player tier lists only have so much leeway before the changes proposed get to be some petty, circular shit. They are inherently less fantastic, whimsical and fun.

- PEMN wakka wakka the game you're trying to tier with some level of empiricism is going to different every. time. you . play. It's not a fighter where everybody is under the same limitations within their character, it's a series of illustrated crapshoots and everybody accepts it. How much value can you get out of a tier listing like that?

Now, when people manage to get up in arms and HATE over that, come on, that's fucking hilarious.

Edited by Rehab

- Compared to multiplayer game tier lists which keep some level of tabs on a changing competitive environment, single player tier lists only have so much leeway before the changes proposed get to be some petty, circular shit. They are inherently less fantastic, whimsical and fun.
So basically, coming closer to having a completed list that would require some huge discovery.
- PEMN wakka wakka the game you're trying to tier with some level of empiricism is going to different every. time. you . play. It's not a fighter where everybody is under the same limitations within their character, it's a series of illustrated crapshoots and everybody accepts it. How much value can you get out of a tier listing like that?
We could always compare RNG screwed characters to each other and vice versa, but that would be a lot of work. Also, people that say this tend to realize that bases and factors that aren't dependent on the RNG (namely durability) are more valuable than factors that are (avoid).

So basically, coming closer to having a completed list that would require some huge discovery.

We could always compare RNG screwed characters to each other and vice versa, but that would be a lot of work. Also, people that say this tend to realize that bases and factors that aren't dependent on the RNG (namely durability) are more valuable than factors that are (avoid).

i KNOW. Boooooooooooring. Where's Wario jumping 7+ spots relative to the size of his cast a year after release and seeing increased and varied use and that good shit? Not found much. No threat of change = fuck that holmes.

Yeah I know, but the simple bit remains that a good unit with the best laid plans can be fucked to death in a hard spot, and for all possibilities a worse unit with better luck of the draw can succeed in the same situation, ending up more of a use in the end if he gets lucky enough. Doesn't that just not sit with you right sometimes, after all the work you put into figuring out the paths of least resistance?

Edited by Rehab

i KNOW. Boooooooooooring. Where's Wario jumping 7+ spots relative to the size of his cast a year after release and seeing increased and varied use and that good shit? Not found much. No threat of change = fuck that holmes.
maji.png
Yeah I know, but the simple bit remains that a good unit with the best laid plans can be fucked to death in a hard spot, and for all possibilities a worse unit with better luck of the draw can succeed in the same situation, ending up more of a use in the end if he gets lucky enough. Doesn't that just not sit right sometimes, after all the work you put into figuring out the paths of least resistance?
Most characters should have critical hit immunity unless their luck is nearly nonexistant, and we have nRKOed values on characters for a reason, to learn how many battles a character can participate before they die.

You're only proving why HP and Def are such highly valued stats, because they ensure plans work.

Yeah yeah, <3 HP and Def and all that I know, but knights can get growth boned too, and a bit of extremely rare luck can rape even a more stable unit where an assasin wins out due to God loving idiots. It remains that in comparison to Buffalol Headbutt -> Ultra, Fire Emblem is a series of crapshoots you work in your favor. Can you work it well enough to accomplish the goals you want to? usually, yeah, but all it takes is some really stupid, consistent luck to remind you it's still a crapshoot, and it's flawed in an unfortunate way for your purposes.

Whatarethechances.jpg

picture
You're basing your argument on the arena, where there is no making sure only <x> number of enemies attack your unit though either teamwork or careful placement (preferably the former if you're trying to rush.) I guarantee you, if you had a good plan on the actual battlefield, that character would survive even with missing attacks (and in some cases, not killing actually helps units survive.)

My "argument" (it's all FFtF to me, barring I'm talking to Chainey ( :) ) is not based on the picture, it happens to be a lol example. If I have a point, it was

Can you work it well enough to accomplish the goals you want to? usually, yeah, but all it takes is some really stupid, consistent luck to remind you it's still a crapshoot, and it's flawed in an unfortunate way for your purposes.

I'm aware of you being able to control how much punishment a given dude takes when he's tripping on air, I'm acquainted enough with it myself. I'm jus sayin in most other games to be tiered, there is no tripping on air that isn't player controlled. I never meant to imply anything to the tone of tiers don't matter at all in FE, just that you're working with flawed material. That and that the hate it produces, should it ever be produced, is lol.

Dude. It was (started as? IDK what this is now) a lol post, in a lol topic which was made for lol, and just happened to be a different kind of lol. Take it easy, I know I am~

Edited by Rehab