Do you think they'll remake FE3 Book 2?

Do you?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Do you?

• Yes
    • No

Though I'm fairly sure this is an Est hate joke, how would that make sense? Est isn't important enough for a sidequest if she dies, the only possibiltiy I can think of is Abel feels depressed and runs off, but runs into trouble. And how could you fit another unit into that without the standard. "You need help. I'm joining you for justice." speech? Plus, most stat boosters would come from treasure chests, which would mean it would be an inside level (probably), making even less sense with that particular scenario.

Maybe I'm taking this too seriously.

The scenario you pointed out with Abel could work. Also, perhaps this unit in the gaiden could be a rumored fighter that Abel has heard of and suggests you find him as a bit of a way to make for losing Est. Ymir for example came out of nowhere so it wouldn't be far fetched to make gaidens based on how random characters ended up.

ding ding ding ding ding

WHAT DOES HE WIN, SIRIUS?!

I wasn't joking >_>.

The scenario you pointed out with Abel could work. Also, perhaps this unit in the gaiden could be a rumored fighter that Abel has heard of and suggests you find him as a bit of a way to make for losing Est. Ymir for example came out of nowhere so it wouldn't be far fetched to make gaidens based on how random characters ended up.

Neither Est nor Abel are important enough to the story for a sidequest. Tiki is an important character, so her dying lead to 24x, and the reasons made sense, Marth needed a way to fight Medeus since he lacked the Falchion and a Divine Dragon. If Abel is worthy enough to get his own sidequest, half of the other characters in the game would as well.

Let's not underestimate the fact that Est has quite a few fans.

Not only that, but the only other characters I can really think of that would be appropriate to trigger a Gaiden chapter in this fashion would be Ellerean, Sheema (her recruitment requirements are very specific), and Chiki.

Actually... Even then I wouldn't agree to having Gaiden chapters for these characters. It's a challenge to recruit Sheema, and recruiting Ellerean demands (I don't know if it's a requirement) you to waste a rescue use. Suddenly, you don't need to go through the trouble of recruiting Sheema, you'll just get a much better character for not even trying. You should be going to a Gaiden chapter for recruiting Sheema especially since Sheema on her own isn't worth it.

Chiki on the other hand, definitely needs to trigger a Gaiden chapter if you don't get all of the orb shards, because in FE3 if you don't get all of the shards, you won't be able to complete the game. An opportunity to avoid having to restart your file would be a great addition to Book 2.

Rather, they imprisoned Frey in the takeover, now you gotta bust him out. Actually wait, we know what REALLY happened to him...

...Fighting enemies in the arena?

if they do, they should make all gaiden characters playable in Book 2.

they're like, the few characters from SD that i actually care anything about.

just as long as they don't add the ridiculous requirements from FESD. While i don't mind killing off my characters, it does get annoying to constantly try to kill about a bazillion characters all off as soon as possible in order to use a character you want

Rather, they imprisoned Frey in the takeover, now you gotta bust him out. Actually wait, we know what REALLY happened to him...

...Fighting enemies in the arena?

I'm gonna take a guess and say that Frey wouldn't be in Book 2 because he supposedly died as the decoy. I'm going to guess that's why he isn't there in any of the H modes. Evidence to support this is that in norse mythology Frey was the first God to fall during the Twilight of the Gods. So when they were picking a name for him, I'm guessing that's where they got it.

While i don't mind killing off my characters, it does get annoying to constantly try to kill about a bazillion characters all off as soon as possible in order to use a character you want

God bless H5 for making that easy.

Wait, is that the Shooter in C3? It looks like it stat-wise. I thought it was hilarious how not only did he barely dent Malliesia but also how easy it was to dodge the attack.

Chiki on the other hand, definitely needs to trigger a Gaiden chapter if you don't get all of the orb shards, because in FE3 if you don't get all of the shards, you won't be able to complete the game. An opportunity to avoid having to restart your file would be a great addition to Book 2.

Then again the true endgame is a reward for you keeping every orb intact and all.

Then again the true endgame is a reward for you keeping every orb intact and all.

While this is true, I doubt many players would agree with having to start their playthrough over if they didn't know what was going on.

What I am trying to get at is: I care more about avoiding potential complaints and whining on forums than keeping this aspect fully intact.

Edited by Chainey

I'm gonna take a guess and say that Frey wouldn't be in Book 2 because he supposedly died as the decoy. I'm going to guess that's why he isn't there in any of the H modes. Evidence to support this is that in norse mythology Frey was the first God to fall during the Twilight of the Gods. So when they were picking a name for him, I'm guessing that's where they got it.

Or they could always retcon him actually dying and make it so that he got away.

Since, you know, it's pretty hard for a general and a bunch of armor knights to keep up with a cavalier or paladin.

Me and Green Haired Draco agree that this particular enemy needs to change in a remake:

zerostats.jpg

Ballistae, most pointless enemy in book 2. Hoarkhoarkhoark.

Still though, H5 FE3? Ohhh man, chapter 2 and 3 are gonna be FUN! : D

Better hope you don't lose the Again Staff, you couldn't win endgame without it.

...Considering the final boss? You might actually have to lose more than one character there. Getting through it without a casualty is gonna be impossible, even with the Again staff. Swordmasters FTW.

Edited by Pretty Boi Wolf

He's referring to what that guy would look like on Hard 5...[which will undoubedly be there in FE3DS]

Speaking of H5, I could see Sirius taking it pretty hard on that mode.

Edited by GreenHairedDraco

Or they could always retcon him actually dying and make it so that he got away.

Since, you know, it's pretty hard for a general and a bunch of armor knights to keep up with a cavalier or paladin.

then again, we don't actually SEE Frey die, we just assume he did. He could have been captured for all we know.

unless i'm seriously missing something.

then again, we don't actually SEE Frey die, we just assume he did. He could have been captured for all we know.

unless i'm seriously missing something.

Jiol was pretty damn pissed.

I'd say he died.