Seth Solo on Ephraim HM.

Not at all. Rout maps will be tedious though, and you'll have to rescue Ephraim or always leave him out of combat (or do some hacking). Just look at Seth's averages to see why it won't be a problem.

I attempted this once. Had to stop on chapter 20 because there were too many enemies to leave Ephraim unrescued, and Seth just couldn't handle it while rescuing him. I might be able to beat it now if I ever came back to it.

The hardest chapters were 16 (god bolting and purge everywhere, thank god for audhulma's res boost, I needed that and a pure water put together to survive) and 18 (petrified once and you lose).

I would give the stat boosters to Ephraim. He would need it to survive without leveling up. Or you could arena abuse him to level 20 or Tower abuse to level 20/20 to help him.

If you're not going to do that then give him the stat boosters.

Why would you want to give stat-boosters to Ephraim? Or arena him for that matter? Seth is going to be the only one doing the fighting, so that would just be a waste.

Why is fog of war particularly bad?

I'll tell you which chapter will be hell: chapter 2. You recruit Ross turn 2, then have to solo the rest of the map with him? Ugh.

Think about it.

Chapter 4:

Ross has 4 move. Probably less than 2 res as well.

Evil eyes are pwning him. He kills a revenant in 3 hits WITHOUT calculating for misses.

Chapter 6:

Ross still has 4 move to traverse an entire map. Maybe less than 3 res and somewhere around 6~7 def.

Yeah... Cavaliers with iron blades, myrmidons, archers, the boss is a shaman...

huh.

Why would you want to give stat-boosters to Ephraim? Or arena him for that matter? Seth is going to be the only one doing the fighting, so that would just be a waste.

So he can survive without Seth guarding him. Seth can fight way better I think when he isn't holding Ephraim.

Assuming Ross makes it to C4 in a solo, he'll have gained enough EXP to actually do something. Base Ross is probably doubled in his starting chapter if he's using an Iron Axe so he's stuck with Hatched and that will run out soon enough.

I don't recall there being instances where it would be troublesome to the defend the lord in a solo of this game.

Edited by Sirius

Think about it.

Chapter 4:

Ross has 4 move. Probably less than 2 res as well.

Evil eyes are pwning him. He kills a revenant in 3 hits WITHOUT calculating for misses.

Chapter 6:

Ross still has 4 move to traverse an entire map. Maybe less than 3 res and somewhere around 6~7 def.

Yeah... Cavaliers with iron blades, myrmidons, archers, the boss is a shaman...

huh.

Ross is definitely promoted by chapter 6. Maybe even by chapter 4. Now, those chapters will still be hard, but they won't be quite so bad as you're making out.

The first FoW chapter is C6, so that gives Ross some time to improve.

One thing that seems to stand out is using Seth + someone as a meatshield and tossing the Hatchet. C3 is a bit more useful for this tactic, so it's likely he's 10/1 by C4.

Ross is definitely promoted by chapter 6. Maybe even by chapter 4. Now, those chapters will still be hard, but they won't be quite so bad as you're making out.

I'm not getting involved in this "Ross Solo" thing but Ross's growths should kick in when he promotes. His growths aren't terrible. At least for me. I know personal experiance is meaningless but I thought I'd say this. Again I'm not getting involved.

One thing that seems to stand out is using Seth + someone as a meatshield and tossing the Hatchet. C3 is a bit more useful for this tactic, so it's likely he's 10/1 by C4.

How are we defining solo? One of my rules in my attempt at a Seth solo (and what prevented me from letting Ephraim hide on a mountain) was that nobody but Seth ever participate in any battles unless it was absolutely unavoidable (and I don't believe it ever was).

oh right... ch4 is only FoW in skirmishes. XD

Depends. Someone like Ross will probably need the meatshielding for a short time, possibly a support tossed onto him. Yeah, him soloing the game seems unlikely to me.

I'm not getting involved in this "Ross Solo" thing but Ross's growths should kick in when he promotes. His growths aren't terrible. At least for me. I know personal experiance is meaningless but I thought I'd say this. Again I'm not getting involved.

That's basically what he implied, why repeat it? A promoted Ross has a better chance in the chapters Roxas mentioned as opposed to chapter 2 where Ross' chance of survival is... wait, does that even exist...? If it does, good fucking luck to whoever tries this.

That's basically what he implied, why repeat it? A promoted Ross has a better chance in the chapters Roxas mentioned as opposed to chapter 2 where Ross' chance of survival is... wait, does that even exist...? If it does, good fucking luck to whoever tries this.

Actually where he'd probably struggle the most is the C3 boss in particular, but C2 isn't doing him many favors. I'd say he's going to be sitting on the forests for the entire chapter if anything. IIRC, he isn't ORKOed though.

Actually where he'd probably struggle the most is the C3 boss in particular, but C2 isn't doing him many favors. I'd say he's going to be sitting on the forests for the entire chapter if anything. IIRC, he isn't ORKOed though.

Hmm you're right. Bad hit against that guy (since he's on a throne) and no terrain to help him out.

Seeing as how a Ross solo would have to be POSSIBLE, I guess having Seth/Gilliam or other meatwalls store away all their stuff in the convoy or just plain toss it so they're unequipped so they can be used as tanks for Ross to chip away at would be acceptable, just for C2.

Edited by GreenHairedDraco

Still C3 Boss would be the main issue. I don't see how it's likely to kill him without some help unless he can pull a miracle of 10/1 by then, but I find that to be practically impossible.