XRumer 5.0 Palladium and other versions

Cynthia

XRumer 5.0 Palladium, and it's other versions are basically advertising programs. The kind that are used to spam forums. Designed to get past the captcha fields so they may spam advertisements on popular forums. Not sure exactly how they work, or have any experience with them myself.

All I want to know is if there is a way I can stop them from spamming up a forum. I am on another forum where spambots are a serious issue, as they appear quite often and spam advertisements.

I was considering making the following changes to stop them:

1. Require all emails to be validated. However I'm aware there are sites where you can generate a temporary email account, but fortunately not everyone knows about them, plus we can just block emails from those sites.

2. Add another field on the registration with something like "Are you human" and have you fill in a word that it specifies, perhaps able to trick the bots.

Anyone have any information on other options? Or even some stuff that can stop these pesky spammers?

Write your own captcha that doesn't have to do with words.

"Human questions" work, but not always.

"If A = My dick, then please state the length of A in inches"

Write your own captcha that doesn't have to do with words.

"Human questions" work, but not always.

Alright, and I'm assuming I should change the question every now in then in case they figure it out.

Alright, and I'm assuming I should change the question every now in then in case they figure it out.

I am no expert on this matter, but I'd assume that in order to figure it out they would require an actual human being to figure it out for them, and I doubt that anyone would really care enough. But regardless, changing it every so often can't hurt.

I am no expert on this matter, but I'd assume that in order to figure it out they would require an actual human being to figure it out for them, and I doubt that anyone would really care enough. But regardless, changing it every so often can't hurt.

Quite right.

I am going to have to do more research on this program and see what I can do against it...