Debunked rumour: New Fire Emblem "Announcement"

VincentASM

This topic had been lost to the server rollback, but fortunately I kept a copy of it on another forum. Being a perfectionist, I ended up replacing Cynthia's "Happy Birthday!" topic with what you see here (since it had the original topic's ID and I was too slow to claim the same ID).

In any case, reposting this is kind of redundant since there was no actual Fire Emblem announcement.

Instead, the teaser was apparently for a couple of Fire Emblem music tracks in the next issue's soundtrack CD tracks that you can easily find online as well. I realise some people suspected it was going to be a CD, especially since Nintendo Dream is seemingly a relatively minor publication.

The "blockbuster" in the second teaser was referring to Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver, which had already been unveiled before the next issue arrived (albeit by only a few days I think).

Oh well, here's a bit of not-so-interesting history for you. I'm sure we'll see the next Fire Emblem sooner or later (this isn't another rumour by the way, just me being hopeful).

Original title: Rumour: New Fire Emblem Announcement in May?

Please note that this is almost purely speculation for now.

The June issue of Nintendo Dream, which was released today, had something interesting to say to Fire Emblem fans.

Extract:

しばらく新作情報は出てきてないけれど、『エムブレム』ファンは来月号をお楽しみに~。

Translation by TheEnd:

There has been no information about a new game for a while, but... (Fire) Emblem fans, look forward to the next issue~

(Source)

Aside from outright stating "a new game will be revealed in the next issue", I can't really imagine what they're trying to hint here.

Also, possibly related or not. In a separate section, advertising the soundtrack CD that will included in the next issue, they mentioned this when talking about which games will feature:

Extract:

そしてあの超大作が姿を現す...!?

Rough translation:

And the blockbuster game is revealed...!?

(Source)

Could they possibly be referring to a new and incredible Fire Emblem game? Or maybe it's the new Zelda game that some people seem to want X D

In any case, I think it would make sense for a new Fire Emblem to be announced around this time. It's been around 8 months since Shadow Dragon was released in Japan. That's probably enough time for Intelligent Systems to get started on their next game. Also, in just less than 1 year's time will be the 20th Anniversary of Fire Emblem. Path of Radiance (and maybe The Sacred Stones as well) was made to coincide with the 15th Anniversary, so it's not the first time they tried to fit a game launch to an anniversary.

(Images kindly provided by Tactician Vog, a great Japanese FE blog. They had some very accurate information for Shadow Dragon before its release.)

Edited by VincentASM