Of Gameboy game packs and their batteries

General Spoon

I heard this

Some people have been able to recharge gb batteries by leaving a GBASP plugged in and turned off for like three days but I haven't tried it myself.

I doubt that this is true, though I'd really like it to be. Does anyone know if there's any truth here?

EDIT: Likely, this is one of those things that sounds too good to be true...

Edited by Miror B.

I heard this

I doubt that this is true, though I'd really like it to be. Does anyone know if there's any truth here?

EDIT: Likely, this is one of those things that sounds too good to be true...

Correct. There is no way to recharge a GB cartridge battery (at least not very safely, anyway.) You will need a CR2032 or CR2025 most likely to replace it. The difference is that the 32 lasts longer. The battery type the cartridge requires is printed on the circuit board above the battery, so always check to make sure before buying one what kind you need.

Once you get the battery, you'll just have to solder the tabs back in their original place and you should be done.

Once you get the battery, you'll just have to solder the tabs back in their original place and you should be done.

You don't even have to solder it; you can use tape. It's really an extremely simple process.