Corrective Eyeware

Lux Aeterna

So if I were to get soft-lens, how would I know which side is the "right side"? I always thought both side would work because they look the same, but I guess not after looking at Phoenix's post.

One side has a white lid that's got nothing else on it, the other side is a green lid that has an "R" engraved in it. Hmm, I wonder which one's supposed to go in my right eye gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

Same here. My problem is that I often have trouble determining if the contact is inside out. But I do find out by the time I put them on. XD

If you have Acuvue contacts, tilt your contact to the light, you see a little "123" on the edge. If its facing correctly, you're all set. If its backward, the contact is inside-out.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if I were to get soft-lens, how would I know which side is the "right side"? I always thought both side would work because they look the same, but I guess not after looking at Phoenix's post.

One side has a white lid that's got nothing else on it, the other side is a green lid that has an "R" engraved in it. Hmm, I wonder which one's supposed to go in my right eye gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

Same here. My problem is that I often have trouble determining if the contact is inside out. But I do find out by the time I put them on. XD.gif

If you have Acuvue contacts, tilt your contact to the light, you see a little "123" on the edge. If its facing correctly, you're all set. If its backward, the contact is inside-out.

I do, but... For some reason I have a lot of trouble finding the letters. And I'm nearsighted, so they must've really crammed those things in there.

If you're not stupid, you know which one's supposed to go in which eye.

For example, I have a small lens box that's divided into two sides. One side has a white lid that's got nothing else on it, the other side is a green lid that has an "R" engraved in it. Hmm, I wonder which one's supposed to go in my right eye :awesome:

It's seriously not hard to remember. People think overly difficult of it.

You are not quite understanding the problem, they aren't confusing which lens goes in which eye, but which sideis the correct one. You wear contact lenses you should know what they are talking about. I really don't know how to explain the problem but ... you are misunderstanding it.

I've worn glasses for about 2 years now, I hated contact lenses because it also took me like half an hour to get ready, so I gave up on them and stuck to my glasses. But last year my pair of glasses broke and I couldn't afford new ones so I was forced to give contact lenses a try, and I was amazed by how easily I got used to them, and now I wear both, some days I wear my glasses, other days I wear contact lenses.

Apparently you've missed my previous post?

A good way to determine whether your contact is inside out is to place it on the tip of your finger and then carefully push the edges towards each other. If the tips of the edges connect fairly easily, it's all fine. If the edges curl around your finger, it's inside out.

There are other methods, such as looking at the shape of the contact; if it's oriented properly, the edges are round and it looks like a bowl, somewhat. If the edges are sharp, it's not good.

Oh

I have Acuvue contacts and noticed the 123 part but I never knew what they were there for XD

Apparently you've missed my previous post?

A good way to determine whether your contact is inside out is to place it on the tip of your finger and then carefully push the edges towards each other. If the tips of the edges connect fairly easily, it's all fine. If the edges curl around your finger, it's inside out.

There are other methods, such as looking at the shape of the contact; if it's oriented properly, the edges are round and it looks like a bowl, somewhat. If the edges are sharp, it's not good.

yes sorry about that,dont know how I missed it, I thought I read all the posts... :mellow:

Oh

I have Acuvue contacts and noticed the 123 part but I never knew what they were there for XD

Advertising Sesame Street? :facepalm: