Master Seal problem!!!!

I'm quite worried about Master Seals, as when I start this game, I'm going to have basically a full army of units that need to promote! What should I do? T_T

EDIT: My concern is that I might not have enough Seals to promote everyone who needs to promote

Edited by CrashGordon94

Assuming you have your DS connected to Wi-Fi, buy them from the online shop, they're sold every month on the 5th, 15th and 25th. You can have up to 15 of them per save file.

I'm quite worried about Master Seals, as when I start this game, I'm going to have basically a full army of units that need to promote! What should I do? T_T

EDIT: My concern is that I might not have enough Seals to promote everyone who needs to promote

There's your problem, why care about promoting so many? Just use several in the beginning but focus the EXP more on a select few and try using some that start out decently and don't need to promote. 4 promoted units (from the earlygame unpromoted) are quite enough for this game.

And there's Bananas' suggestion.

Edited by Sirius

Assuming you have your DS connected to Wi-Fi, buy them from the online shop, they're sold every month on the 5th, 15th and 25th. You can have up to 15 of them per save file.

I don't have Wi-Fi, I'll have to look into that. >_>

There's your problem, why care about promoting so many? Just use several in the beginning but focus the EXP more on a select few and try using some that start out decently and don't need to promote. 4 promoted units (from the earlygame unpromoted) are quite enough for this game.

I want to promote so many because there are LOADS of awesome units that I wanna use that aren't prepromos (In fact, of the ones I wanna use, only Wolf and Sedgar are prepromos)

Just how many are you trying to promote?

I didn't count, but I'm definitely using:

Cain, Abel, Frey, Hardin, Barst, Shiida, Ogma, Nabarl and Merric.

And I'm considering:

Catria (DLV was pleased), Bord, Cord, Darros, Castor, Norne, Lena and Wrys

I hope I'm not forgetting someone

There are enough Master Seals in-game to promote a standard army. It sounds like you arena abused everyone only a few chapters into the game.

Well, I hope mine counts as a standard army.

I couldn't Arena abuse anyone because I haven't started yet, this is a theoretical problem (Quite a serious (Not Sirius) and likely one too!)

Edited by CrashGordon94

You just listed 17 units there and you mentioned Wolf and Sedgar and then there's Marth. 19 units in a team? The fuck?

Is 19 bad?

Also, I'm not using all of those, I'm using all of the first line plus a few from the second line (though I'm not sure who)

Is 19 bad?

Also, I'm not using all of those, I'm using all of the first line plus a few from the second line (though I'm not sure who)

Yeah, it's bad.

Team of 10 is decent enough and you don't have to worry much about too many people to promote. The rest of the spots could be filled by prepromotes and utility such as Julian and Xane.

Edited by Sirius

Assuming he's playing NM, Bord can just go Merc -> Hero or Hunter -> Whatever. Wrys is a healer, he doesn't need stats to heal, and Rena is only slightly better. Norne... She sucks, but it's NM, she should at least be somewhat usable.

So no, these units are worth considering.

Assuming he's playing NM, Bord can just go Merc -> Hero or Hunter -> Whatever. Wrys is a healer, he doesn't need stats to heal, and Rena is only slightly better. Norne... She sucks, but it's NM, she should at least be somewhat usable.

I suppose. Hm...

If this was H5 it'd be a different story. He'd have more restrictions on class setups and such and of course no Norne.

Yeah, WiFi. There should be places that do have WiFi like the BK and such, or just slip to your friend's house and do it. A team of 19 units does seem a bit much though: cut to 10 and that should do.

I normally stick to the relative # of Master Seals. I can't remember if there are two in C19 or not, but usually have like 4 starting units and then someone who joins the train later (Roger, Dolph, Catria for examples) to take the latest Seal.

There's 8 Master Seals before C20. Consider that many then add like Zag / Wolf / Marf into the mix. That'd be the max I'd look into.

Edited by Colonel M

I didn't count, but I'm definitely using:

Cain, Abel, Frey, Hardin, Barst, Shiida, Ogma, Nabarl and Merric.

And I'm considering:

Catria (DLV was pleased), Bord, Cord, Darros, Castor, Norne, Lena and Wrys

I hope I'm not forgetting someone

Well, I hope mine counts as a standard army.

I couldn't Arena abuse anyone because I haven't started yet, this is a theoretical problem (Quite a serious (Not Sirius) and likely one too!)

All of the top ones are good, don't bother with the one that comes with a C in axes (Bord or Cord? I forget) or Norne or Wrys. The other one of Bord and Cord is good, Darros is fine, Castor is good, and Lena is a very good choice. I've never used Catria, so I don't know about her.

For pete's sake people, Wrys is perfectly fine to bother with. Rena is like, 5% better statistically than he is.

If this was H5 it'd be a different story. He'd have more restrictions on class setups and such and of course no Norne.
There are no class restrictions, only class recommendations.

There are no class restrictions, only class recommendations.

I wouldn't be trying Pirate Darros if I was on H5. >_>;

By restrictions, I mean you can't go blindly pick a class and say "okay, let's rickroll!"

:facepalm:

Just... Keep it around 10 units.

I'll try, but there are so many cool people in this game! T_T

Yeah, it's bad.

Team of 10 is decent enough and you don't have to worry much about too many people to promote. The rest of the spots could be filled by prepromotes and utility such as Julian and Xane.

Well, I'm thinking of Jake, Beck and Chainy, that's something.

Bolded are ones that you shouldn't even bother considering.

Stopped considering them!

I'm still using Wrys until I get Lena tho, I think we can agree that that's alright, besides, she needs his Heal Staff.

Welll, I'm not doing reclass this time around (except maybe for Wolf and Seddy)

You can't even field 19 units at once, why would you use so many? That's completely counterproductive.

Because I saw lots and lots of people that sounded cool, and it made me wanna use them.

Yeah, WiFi. There should be places that do have WiFi like the BK and such, or just slip to your friend's house and do it. A team of 19 units does seem a bit much though: cut to 10 and that should do.

I normally stick to the relative # of Master Seals. I can't remember if there are two in C19 or not, but usually have like 4 starting units and then someone who joins the train later (Roger, Dolph, Catria for examples) to take the latest Seal.

There's 8 Master Seals before C20. Consider that many then add like Zag / Wolf / Marf into the mix. That'd be the max I'd look into.

Well, 8 Master Seals sounds reasonable, maybe I might need to get my Dad to set up us the Wi-Fi, then I can get some more tho.

I'm not sure about what I should do about limitting myself tho, and who I should drop

All of the top ones are good, don't bother with the one that comes with a C in axes (Bord or Cord? I forget) or Norne or Wrys. The other one of Bord and Cord is good, Darros is fine, Castor is good, and Lena is a very good choice. I've never used Catria, so I don't know about her.

Bord is the one with C in Axes, and yeah, I might send him on a suicide mission if I'm desperate, or have him take out someone in a pinch, but that's it!

Yeah, I'mma drop Norne for Castor.

As I said, Wrys is just filling in for Lena until I get her (which is now since I'm on Chapter 3)

• 2 weeks later...