Black Knight quote (spoilers)

In the last battle with the Black Knight, first time I tried to kill him but he instead killed me. Second time, I didn't want to do that chapter all over again, so I escaped.

Then awesomeness ensued. Black Knight said some stuff that was really memorable to me, but I kinda forgot it. I searched the internet all over, no script has the escape dialogue. I want that dialogue, right now.

Edited by Nightmare

Is this what you're looking for?

Black Knight: Will you flee? How appropriate. Tuck tail and run, child of Gawain! It is what dogs do best, after all. I like how you tremble with fear at the realization that you are no match for me. It suits you.

Ike: Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

• 2 weeks later...

Kill him! :D You get Nasir, and bragging rights.. lol

You'll need a lvl20 Ike (he'd have to be at level 20 before he changed class too) and Aether (use the Occult skill), and hella luck. :D check a walkthrough if you need more help

The battle is severely luck-based, but those requirements do help out tons.

Personally I prefer giving Ike Wrath myself, since 50% critical > ~27% Aether rate. Plus you can attack from afar to negate the BK's Luna. It's kind of a waste if you're planning on giving him Aether later though.

On everyone of my playthroughs of PoR, the results of the BK battle are always different.

First playthrough, Ike activated Aether every turn(I killed the Black Knight before turn 2 started.)

On some other playthrough, Ike didn't activate a single Aether.

On another playthrough, Ike activated one Aether(but it wasn't enough),

On another playthrough, Ike didn't activate Aether at all and the BK activated Luna 3 times in a row.

On another playthrough, Ike activated two Aethers right before the end of the 5 turns(this was the most climatic battle with the BK that I've had so far)

That battle really annoyed me. I played through ten times trying to get an aether to kill him. My friend plays through her game, first runthrough of por and Ike aethers. I kinda gave up por after that. It really took the fun out of it. I'd completed it once by fleeing... Always planned to return for RD purposes but cbb

Kill him! :D You get Nasir, and bragging rights.. lol

You'll need a lvl20 Ike (he'd have to be at level 20 before he changed class too) and Aether (use the Occult skill), and hella luck. :D check a walkthrough if you need more help

A good idea is to use the Miracle scroll on Ike so he can win easier. Wrath, Resolve & Miracle OR Aether & Miracle.

I did both and on both of them I got lucky and Wrath crit-hit twice with Resolve on BK's 2nd turn, and Aether activated on the first turn on both attacks and on the second turn on BK's attack. If I didn't have Miracle, then Ike would've lost b/c of Luna.

Edited by DeathSentence

That battle really annoyed me. I played through ten times trying to get an aether to kill him. My friend plays through her game, first runthrough of por and Ike aethers. I kinda gave up por after that. It really took the fun out of it. I'd completed it once by fleeing... Always planned to return for RD purposes but cbb

Really? The BK battle was what made things so interesting and exciting for me every playthrough.

A good idea is to use the Miracle scroll on Ike so he can win easier. Wrath, Resolve & Miracle OR Aether & Miracle.

I did both and on both of them I got lucky and Wrath crit-hit twice with Resolve on BK's 2nd turn, and Aether activated on the first turn on both attacks and on the second turn on BK's attack.

Miracle doesn't always activate. In fact, it hardly ever activates for the average Ike since his luck isn't that high.

Really? The BK battle was what made things so interesting and exciting for me every playthrough.

Miracle doesn't always activate. In fact, it hardly ever activates for the average Ike since his luck isn't that high.

I know Ike's luck isn't very high, but I only restarted the chp once because of a critical from the BK, but he was low on HP too, so I knew Miracle wouldn't help anyways, but it activated during the BK's Luna on the second try. I used to think it was just my luck or that the RNG likes me. Then I remembered that I use all my Ashera Icons on him. :P

Edited by DeathSentence

I did both and on both of them I got lucky and Wrath crit-hit twice with Resolve on BK's 2nd turn, and Aether activated on the first turn on both attacks and on the second turn on BK's attack. If I didn't have Miracle, then Ike would've lost b/c of Luna.

at this time you cant use resolve cuz you get it in this chapter

• 4 weeks later...

PoR BK battle was epic. I had a terrible Ike on my first playthrough, so I ran, although a friend of mine confirmed that Ena can be better than Nasir if you devote a lot of training time with her. I won on my later two playthroughs, using the aforementioned Aether and Miracle combo (Miracle almost never works tho...)

i was disappointed how nerfed the BK battle was in RD