Nostalgia and remixes usually suck..

Roxas

Every single track in Maverick Hunter X sounds like the original +aluminum being put in a blender. It's not even fanboy raeg, just "ew this is of poor quality god damn it"

Street Fighter 2 tracks only got better with later incarnations, though. Empirically

Edited by Rehab

Every single track in Maverick Hunter X sounds like the original +aluminum being put in a blender. It's not even fanboy raeg, just "ew this is of poor quality god damn it"
Maverick Hunter X had amazing tracks (especially Storm Eagle).

What is wrong with you?

Street Fighter 2 tracks only got better with later incarnations, though. Empirically

I thought the arcade music was the best in the series, at least with SSFII.

Maverick Hunter X had amazing tracks (especially Storm Eagle).

What is wrong with you?

I thought the arcade music was the best in the series, at least with SSFII.

But the bass, the fucking bass, there was not enough. I have always seen SF tunes as meant to big and thumping. SNES and arcade ST were king at that.

Okay I lied, on the first 3 there is room for compromise, though the thumpage is still inferior to the original. But the third just lost all the head-banging potential in favor of dipping itself in the obnoxious end of uhn-tiss techno.

Not as good as the original themes.

I don't care if they're not as good as the original or not, I care that that they don't suck, which this thread is about remixes that suck.

But the third just lost all the head-banging potential in favor of dipping itself in the obnoxious end of uhn-tiss techno.
It still sounds great, so I have to say that it isn't a song that sucks.

Maverick Hunter doesn't suck quality-wise, it just lacks the METAL feeling that was present on the original.