I love tiers

Xort

Yeah, the 'metagame' tends to shift.

At first it was, "If you suck at link arena, you suck at life."

Then it was, "If you suck at capping stats, you suck at life."

Then... Whatever I dunno.

Now it was, "If you're locked to bows, you fail at life."

But right now we're seeing Bow users getting re-examined.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously. I was absolutely shocked to see serious discussion in the FE9 list about moving Rofl up. Still, I suppose all it thinks is a new way of thinking to redefine this stuff. It's kinda cool, actually.

Hmm. Maybe things have changed since I last looked at tiers. Granted, I haven't paid attention to them since at least 2 years ago.

Then why did you make that comment in the first place?

Just looking at the FE9 tier topic, it's easy to find posts like this. Just a snippet from it:

Overall, I'm going to say Haar> Largo. It's Haar's Mov/Canto/flight, durability, supports, availability and WT control against Largo's AS lead.

Where do you see people looking at averages alone and nothing more? Then there are countless debates about knight ward usage, forges, specific chapter utility (eg/ bows in a wyvern heavy chapter), etc. The FE10 tier list is even more detailed in coverning non-stat aspects of the games. They look at relative army strength, the financial situation of each army, BEXP ramming and other means of effective BEXP usage, crown discussions, examining how well units use removable skills, etc. Even in FE7 ranked people look into detail as to the impact on funds a character like Matthew has and find reasonably objective ways to compare that to combat utility.

The FE10 tier list is even more detailed in coverning non-stat aspects of the games. They look at relative army strength, the financial situation of each army, BEXP ramming and other means of effective BEXP usage, crown discussions, examining how well units use removable skills, etc.

Dear god, the FE10 tier list is amaaaaaaazing. Possibly my favorite FE topic here, just for lurking.

No. Smash fanatic is major uncool man. :D

Interceptor is the man I'm rooting for.

That was my next guess.

You ought to post there sometime so I know you're watching. B)

And I thought people couldn't get any more immature around here.

Please explain how someone expressing his love of tiers makes him immature. And I assume that's what you mean, since I can't see explaining to Josh the true nature of today's tiers as immature.

And I thought people couldn't get any more immature around here.

The "Fuck the Tiers" topic is over yonder. I think that's what you're looking for.

Sarcasm aside, Red Fox is right. I see nothing wrong about proclaiming a love for tiers.

Edited by NoNameAtAll

Please explain how someone expressing his love of tiers makes him immature. And I assume that's what you mean, since I can't see explaining to Josh the true nature of today's tiers as immature.

The "Fuck the Tiers" topic is over yonder. I think that's what you're looking for.

Sarcasm aside, Red Fox is right. I see nothing wrong about proclaiming a love for tiers.

Chill guys, she didn't actually SAY she was referring to the love of tiers.

Chill guys, she didn't actually SAY she was referring to the love of tiers.

Hey, I was chill. I wouldn't have made that jab at the "Fuck the Tiers" thread otherwise. :awesome:

Gee, other than the blatant jab at someone else? I dunno, you're the mod.

Um...what? I don't know about the other two, but just...what?

Smash and Dondon flame each other on a regular basis. Dondon got warned by Shuuda because he was swearing way too much. I'd quote him, but I rememeber Smash saying something bad abbout him, then he said "I would respond if Shuuda hadn't warned me" or something. Also, Int and Smash have been going toe to toe for 1 1/2 years now. They are now regular flamers. Especially when it comes to each other.

I never understood bumping up an age rating for language alone

I don't understand movie ratings in general but hey :newyears:

Gee, other than the blatant jab at someone else? I dunno, you're the mod.

Bus himself made a blatant jab at people who like to discuss tiers. I responded in kind. If you're gonna call me immature for defending something I like, what exactly would you call him?

I would guess the expectation would be to not respond in kind.

Regardless of whether or not you are correct, I notice a distinct lack of any posts by crystal shards calling bus immature in either topic. Seems like a double standard to me. If it's not a double standard, then apparently retaliation, even retaliation with a much nicer tone and no insults, is worse to her than the original action. Which seems to imply that people are allowed saying whatever they want, just not when it's in defence of something, only when it's attacking. Interesting ideas she has.