Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2

...What are you talking about? Thanos isn't even in this game.

Also, I was expecting that this game would follow the exact same storyline as the comics, but I was so wrong. Oh well, at least this game is actually fun(mainly because of the fusion gameplays). Though I personally think the first one is probably way better IMHO.

I meant somebody who was awesome LIKE Thanos. Because he IS awesome.

And fusions can get so boring quickly once you realize there really are only SEVEN different fusions...

Talk about SLIIIIIIGHTLY lazy...

And MUA1 was better.

Carnage is DLC now.

That's pretty cool. A shame its still X-Men: Legends 3- Featuring Other People

If you count characters from every system, there's only 10 X-Men related characters out of 36 total.

Carnage is DLC now.

That's pretty cool. A shame its still X-Men: Legends 3- Featuring Other People

If you count characters from every system, there's only 10 X-Men related characters out of 36 total.

There's a difference between fanservice and taking it in the ass by raging fans.

Hell, the only reason Jean Grey, Gambit, Psylocke, Juggernaut, Deadpool, Iceman, and perhaps Storm is because of weeping and bitching fans.

I want a game like this actually BASED around the Civil War. I want Cable, Hercules, Bishop, Black Panther, etc. playable.

Not the fucking sex symbol (Jean Grey) that every X-Men fan wants to get under the sheets with.

<_<

Look, to be fair, we're talking a video game that has to be published. And keep in mind space constraints.

If the world were fair, they'd give us every Marvel character ever. I hear Carnage isn't a Venom clone, though, so I guess that helps. Black Panther is in, I don't outright count Cable(or Deadpool for that matter) as an X-Men character, and there's another character.

Would be nice if they weren't suddely worth more than the characters in MUA(by quite a bit, too) and if they would have put more in the actual game(because, lets face it, the game should have another 10 characters minimum built in), but basing the game outright on Civil War would be boring unless they included WWH or something else.

For the record, as a back drop for a video game, the Civil War is terrible. If you've read it, you'd know that it's a bad idea.

It incorporates villains. That's why it was used. Except that's half ass backwards when the game splits up anyway. So why not just have a heroes story and a villains story.

Oh, and while there is a decent chance that the 5th DLC character is Magneto, they've stated that if they have the money they'll do as many DLC characters as possible. Which means they'll do 20-25 depending on DLC sales and then move on to Ultimate Alliance 3.

Edited by bunny: Now with Pancakes

In what way is it terrible? The Civil War series is arguably one of the most important plot throughout the Marvel mainstream community. (Mainly because of the turning points) Unless you mean it's never meant to be for the video game franchise then I would agree on that.

Edited by Iron Patriot

Terrible for Video games, merely average in real life.

I mean, a cast split in the name of villain incorporation when there's ultimately only three villains in the cast(at least, pre-DLC) is a bit of a joke.

Not that the story was bad in this game, as it wasn't where the game faltered. But they could have gotten away with making something up - ultimately, that's what they sorta did, but people expect Civil and Secret War story lines.

10 or so more characters(5 more each way, even if those characters were on the fence you could move Ms. Marvel and others, add a few villains as well) would have helped the validity of the storyline, but having written off the Hulk and Thor before the game even started was probably a bad idea.

The issue with the game lies almost completely in shared XP and ability points. Should have only given 10% or so of what you earned to inactive characters, and 50% or so to unavailable characters. You get every character regardless of which side you take,and you're probably not going to play the game more than twice.

Thor you didn't have to really rule out because... well, Clor technically counts as "Thor".

And Hulk is one of the main reasons the Registration Act was called in. He played an important yet indirect part in this entire situation.

Jean Grey... was dead. Woo hoo.

What the REAL mystery is WHY Punisher isn't DLC yet?

Thor you didn't have to really rule out because... well, Clor technically counts as "Thor".

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he appears once, gets a kill, and then isn't used again. Even if he's there, the fact that he gets a kill makes him all but ineffective.

Hulk had nothing to do with registration, really. He created dissent in the Illuminati, and used his power to effectively end registration mattering, but his identity was very public.

Jean Grey is dead, but still popular. Surprised Dark Reign story line hasn't tried to bring her back, actually.

And to be fair, of the 4 announced DLC characters, 2 of them should have been available in game(Panther even had a 'moveset'), Spiderman needed more love regardless, and there's still a 5th character. Of what will likely be 15-25 DLC characters, based on comments about the MUA1 DLC.

With only 3 real villains, the Punisher is suddenly less valuable in the story. He falls under the 'there should have been 10 more characters incorporated into the story' clause.

Technically speaking, Jean Grey is immortal, so she never dies. No matter how many times she's killed, she will always ends up being resurrected mainly because it's part of her Phoenix abilities.

Also, I'm a bit surprised that Magneto is officially announced as DLC in this game (Which is kinda weird, considering Magneto doesn't play a significant role in the Civil War story).

Edited by Iron Patriot

They've hit just about the limit on DLC characters that matter, especially since the characters added will be lucky to have new personal conversations with characters.

Punisher

Bishop

Hercules

Sentry

Doctor Octopus

Would probably be my top 5 if they limited to characters that had some sort of relevance in the Civil War. And that list was thrown together.

But as far as most VILLAINS go, the only one I want to see is the Mandarin. Often ignored, but let's face it, he'd be magnificently dynamic.

Instead of Magneto, it should've been Dr. Doom or Taskmaster.

Not to say Magneto is a bad character, just... was he EVER in the storyline? EVER? Also, this game needs moar console Sentry.

And Hulk was directly mentioned as one of the powder kegs for the Registration Act; remember how he killed man people in Las Vegas prior to the events?

And I'm still unsure why Iron Fist is technically IN the game; really, you could've chosen Daredevil as the Anti-Reg exclusive and be done with it.

Also, best idea for a WTF DLC character: Howard the Duck/Shuma Gorath.

For the record, Carnage is broken, I heard the same about Black Panther and Psylocke, and I expect mostly the same of Magneto and Cable.

Like I said though, if they hold true to their word on the DLC, then 40-50 characters aren't so far fetched.

Will they all be good characters or storyline related characters? Maybe like, 5 of them. But more is good. Not so much at 10 bucks, but you pick up some sim missions.

Hulk wasn't truly important to the issue - At the time, it was fear mongering. If Iron Man couldn't save a baby, he would have been accused of being a baby hater.

People actually like Matt Murdock.

Oh, and I'm on the fence about this new info, but they're also talking a new costume per character as DLC. Which, for 10 dollars, would be a decent value(in a sense). However, it adds nothing(in a sense) to the playability of the game, so. . . I suppose they could add costume specific teams and sim missions but nothing drastic would come.

In what way is it terrible? The Civil War series is arguably one of the most important plot throughout the Marvel mainstream community. (Mainly because of the turning points) Unless you mean it's never meant to be for the video game franchise then I would agree on that.

It's a shitty concept for the game because the story didn't feature non-stop action, which is required in this title. It was an intersection of different lines to have one event occur. Making a cogent game follow its storyline closely would be like trying to dodge rain during a thunderstorm.

Hulk had nothing to do with registration, really. He created dissent in the Illuminati, and used his power to effectively end registration mattering, but his identity was very public.

Hulk had everything to do with it. His hijinks at LA were one of the primary events that caused the public to adopt the "FUCK YOU SUPERHEROES" mentality. Nitro may have set it all off, but Hulk laid a lot of the groundwork.

Jean Grey is dead, but still popular. Surprised Dark Reign story line hasn't tried to bring her back, actually.

If you're going to argue against Hulk's inclusion, you can't argue for hers. Hulk was light years away, but he's far more popular than Jean.

Technically speaking, Jean Grey is immortal, so she never dies. No matter how many times she's killed, she will always ends up being resurrected mainly because it's part of her Phoenix abilities.

And, more importantly, so that she can constantly create drama by dying again Nevertheless, it doesn't change that she's dead. Though I would suppose it doesn't matter as long as one merely wants to fool around with superheroes.

Edit: Was it LA or Vegas that the Hulk fucked? Now I'm doubting myself.

Edited by Esau of Isaac

IT's Vegas.

Also, I'm pissed that they're charging 800 points for the download. What the fuck.

There are more successful companies out there because they actually respect the fanbase and give out free stuff. Like Koei and Valve (Okay, fuck Crash Course, it wasn't even good.).

For the record, I wasn't calling to remove Hulk or Pheonix, but denouncing their value as characters in the storyline.

It's 0.

As for the DLC, consider that you get 4 new sim missions and 5 new characters only a month or so after release of the game; a game which matched it's predecessor in number of base characters and has DLC ~5 months sooner. Worth 800? Not quite. Largely because, lets face it, you'd have to have odd tastes for these to be the 5 characters missing from your 'perfect game'. But not bad unless you're one of those people that harp that this should have been in the game.

Realistically, the PS2 version doesn't deserve an exclusive(despite sharing 3 with the Wii and PSP), and the DS doesn't exactly deserve two when the 360 and PS3 version only get 2, technically 1 without a preorder. Ultimately, PS3 and 360 version owners were cheated out of MAYBE 3 characters, and that's hoping they wouldn't then choose to make 360 and PS3 exclusives. And only one of those 3 characters is being used in DLC here. And even this analysis is given the fan a lot of unguaranteed items, such as the idea that She-Hulk and Sentry are even ABLE to be transposed. Ultimately, only one of those models were known to exist in a slightly worse form. The other 4 could have theoretically been built in a few weeks.

Considering they'll likely eventually re-release MUA2 Gold, which includes all the DLC and Juggernaut on purchase as well as the sim missions, this is cheap.

Besides, all the characters are supposedly broken.

On what basis do you think they'll re-release it? The fact that they did it for MUA1? I mean, unless you actually have some proof of that, you should at least use common stupid arguments like 'They could have released the game a month later!' Or 'I already paid 60 dollars, why should I pay 10 for less than 5% new content.'

The DLC is different to begin with, don't plan so far down the line.

Yes, chances are, months from now, if they do end up with, say, 20 DLC characters, then yes, they'll probably have discounts.

Look, if the DLC was set up to have 1 pack and then 5 characters each with 1 sim for 160, then every character you loved would easily be worth it and a number of people would feel inclined to buy their second favorite. Hell, with 4 packs released, I wouldn't be surprised to hear 10 characters were bought on average. But it's a pack and it comes with the good and the bad.

Besides, the 5 characters aren't broken. Just decent among the cast. They do have their downsides. And that concept isn't exactly a negative for the pack. I'd feel cheated to pick up DLC with 5 useless characters.

And of course, value is all opinion based. Of course they could sweeten the deal. And for a supposedly fan based company, they likely should have. But 800 points isn't a terrible value.

Well, I still feel that they could improve the value of each by making them singular like Juggs is now. It's not quite worth ten, but I wouldn't under sell it either, as they deserve to profit.

Ultimately it'll be affected by future DLC, which characters they include, and how many there are.

In that case, then I agree that there should be more DLC features in this game. The original MUA featured 8 DLC.(which was awesome because Hawkeye is in it) I'm only saying this because it needs more characters that are involved in the story. Considering it's based on the Civil war. To be fair: I think they should add in Punisher, Wonder Man, She-Hulk, Sentry, Bishop, and just for the hell of it Bullseye and the rest of the Thunderbolts as playable.

Edit: I think they should also add in Patriot, Hercules, and Spider-Woman. I know it's a bit too much, but still...

Edited by Iron Patriot