'No One Believed Me'

Tauro

http://lifestyle.msn.com/your-life/bigger-picture/article.aspx?cp-documentid=20968901&gt1=32001

When it comes to domestic violence (DV), most people think that only women can be victims. But after reading this article, I was surprised (and upset) that women are also capable of committing DV, not just males. (On a side note, women usually make up for the lack of great strength with the use of weapons [knives, bats, hammers, et cetera] and the element of surprise, according to the article. Also, thank the high heavens the children spoke in his defence. B) )

I'm also upset that such a double standard exists: if a man commits DV, it's a crime, but if it's a woman who commits DV, it's a mental health issue. Such bias, it is.

Does anyone else here think the same about this as I do? (Protip: Click the link and read the article first, then comment.)

I like how the girl's acquaintances tried to tell her how impossible it is for what she saw to be real. Maybe being a steady ~110 pounds since forever has influenced me on this, but since taking karate as a grade-schooler I've never understood why people don't think women who know what they're doing can be serious physical threats on similar terms with men.

Edited by Rehab

Domestic violence committed by women against men is generally ignored or minimized, yet more than 200 studies have found that women initiate at least as much domestic violence (DV) against their male partners as males initiate against their female partners. Research shows that men comprise about a third of DV injuries and deaths. Women often compensate for their lack of physical strength by employing weapons and the element of surprise -- just as David Woods' wife did, and just as recently murdered former NFL star Steve McNair's girlfriend allegedly did.

What the fuck?

So, ignore it, why?

I agree. The woman is obviously fucked up in the head, but I bet males are too sometimes. There is no reason why this woman should not get a felony charge.

I was having an alright day until I read this [article]. ^_^ Now this just pisses me off.

Edited by Old Snake

Outright domestic violence isn't the only crime committed by women that is frequently - sexual assaults are up there, as well.

This is the other side of the coin to women being perceived as the kinder, gentler, weaker sex.

http://lifestyle.msn.com/your-life/bigger-picture/article.aspx?cp-documentid=20968901&gt1=32001

When it comes to domestic violence (DV), most people think that only women can be victims. But after reading this article, I was surprised (and upset) that women are also capable of committing DV, not just males. (On a side note, women usually make up for the lack of great strength with the use of weapons [knives, bats, hammers, et cetera] and the element of surprise, according to the article. Also, thank the high heavens the children spoke in his defence. B) )

I'm also upset that such a double standard exists: if a man commits DV, it's a crime, but if it's a woman who commits DV, it's a mental health issue. Such bias, it is.

Does anyone else here think the same about this as I do? (Protip: Click the link and read the article first, then comment.)

This is life in America. A perfect nation. Don't be too disillusioned by this crap. Besides women have been beating the tar out of men WITHOUT weapons for years... I mean decades? Black Women especially have a huge advantage because black men are sometimes afraid of the police so they're not even likely to grab her or even fight back a little.

The likely thought is this:

"If this girl keeps beatin on me, I'm gonna end up on youtube! If I push her down, these cops'll shoot my ass!"

Saw something like this on Youtube not too long ago. Big black woman beats the crap out of skinny black man. The police car, yes a POLICE CAR just drives on by.

About double standards... I don't like them either. Woman slaps you for no reason, and everyone looks at you like you MUST have done SOMETHING to "warrant it". Yeah what? If you so much as raise your hand at her, some random guy might tackle you like a White House Security guard. That's why I never get too angry or upset with men who just "snap". It happens from time to time. Not that loud, vulgar, hateful, and over aggressive women deserve it, even though they kinda ask for it, but the guys should still just learn to swallow their pride... and try to call the friggin cops FIRST. That... or run for it.

A good idea to combat this and aid future generations is to get with a kinder, gentler women, have lots of kids, raise those kids, both boys and girls to be kind, and gentle, then spread the word worldwide. It's grim, but we just might be able to wipe out the <_< EVIL women with time and parenting, rather than time and total snappage. Ah who am I kidding? We're screwed Just grab a nice hot chick and thank whoever you believe in that you lucked out. Good luck and happy hunting :facepalm:

This reminds me of my folks...

I totally agree that it is a double standard. I find it a little ridiculous that a girl can keep running her mouth and clawing deeper and deeper and expect not to get slapped, but if a bloke says anything to her she is able to knock him one. Some women really do abuse the "can't hit girls" bit, personally I don't test my luck, I've seen too many young girls run their mouth and get a solid smack in the face. They go down for the count, and it usually ends with the bloke saying, "bitch got what was coming". All too common around where I live, most of the time it goes unreported, only time the police say anything about domestic violence at all up here (male of female) is if someone reports it really, which is rare. You can see them drive by and ignore it a lot.

Hell, me neighbors got into a brawl the other day, that got quite nasty. Ended with her smacking her husband with a board. After he went down they acted as though it never happened. It was a fairly small board mind you, but still quite excessive considering she took the first swing.

This is the kind of shit that pisses me off.

The police officers didn't even bother listening to the man's side of the story and just told him to shut the fuck up and then arrest him =S The woman was also fucked up in the head. Just because she's a woman means that she can do whatever she wants and gets away with it? Thank god the kids were there >.>

Only men can commit crimes. Please be rational here.

You know, I was about to say "What if the woman is black?", but then I realized this was Srs Discussion.

Aw, screw it.

This reminds me of a video I once where someone hired actors to play out a boyfriend and girlfriend in a fight, and one side assaulted the other. When it was the guy getting at the girl, plenty of people tried to stop him. When it was the girl getting at the guy, almost no one did, and the common reason was "I figured he had cheated on her."

Anyone who knows me at all knows that this kind of shit pisses me off.

This reminds me of a video I once where someone hired actors to play out a boyfriend and girlfriend in a fight, and one side assaulted the other. When it was the guy getting at the girl, plenty of people tried to stop him. When it was the girl getting at the guy, almost no one did, and the common reason was "I figured he had cheated on her."

Anyone who knows me at all knows that this kind of shit pisses me off.

It's actually just as common for women to cheat as it is for men.

I've been abused and nearly raped by women on more than one occasion over the years. It's quite real. :[ Thankfully I have never met doubt or disbelief in my claims. Though I am a little masochistic on the inside, so I'll be darned if I don't wind up with an abusive partner in the future.

As for the equality thing and topic, well, I'm a feminist. Not one of those "female superiority" types. Those are looked down upon. even by other feminists. Rather, I approach equality from a feminist angle. Naturally I will have much in expectations almost entirely the same for both genders. Nothing should be held back for anyone. This case is ridiculous.

Edited by Rhelm

I saw this on a TV show called "What Would You Do?" I wonder if it's the same thing you're talking about. They show a lot of things that are pretty embarrassing.

I'm surprised people are surprised sexism and abuse go both ways.

No one is surprised about that. Some of us are angry that it goes unpunished.

My point is that it's old news. How exactly do we go about fixing the problem? That should be the question. It's one I don't have an answer for, save "change society," which, while concise, is neither descriptive or helpful.

I'm not at all.

This kind of shit is why me mum and dad don't live with us anymore. My mum tried to kill my dad over some fight when I was about 12, the irony is my dad got 5 years in jail for hitting her back, and she only got 1 year. Mostly cause her scars were bigger, and she claimed he started it, I saw the whole thing though, she's a liar. Some reason the police didn't believe me either...

So yeah, I experienced this kind of thing first hand.

This kind of sexism happens pretty frequently.

For example, there was this campaign at school for Sexual Assault Awareness. The speaker said that 99.9% of rapists were men. I asked what this meant. Did it mean that's the % of how many men were convicted in comparison to women? Or how many men are estimated to be rapists in comparison to women? Or how many victims say that their assailant was male as opposed to female? He dodged the question.

Later on, he said that 2/3 of all men will committ sexual assault over their lifetimes, and over half of women will get sexually assaulted. I found this rather implausible.

No one is surprised about that. Some of us are angry that it goes unpunished.

My point is that it's old news. How exactly do we go about fixing the problem? That should be the question. It's one I don't have an answer for, save "change society," which, while concise, is neither descriptive or helpful.

Now that's true.

This kind of sexism happens pretty frequently.

For example, there was this campaign at school for Sexual Assault Awareness. The speaker said that 99.9% of rapists were men. I asked what this meant. Did it mean that's the % of how many men were convicted in comparison to women? Or how many men are estimated to be rapists in comparison to women? Or how many victims say that their assailant was male as opposed to female? He dodged the question.

Later on, he said that 2/3 of all men will committ sexual assault over their lifetimes, and over half of women will get sexually assaulted. I found this rather implausible.

lol What a bullshitter.

• 2 years later...

I realize i'm about 3 years late on this topic but I would at least like to give my 2 cents.

Through my year in 9th grade, i've had to deal with feminists alot. An example is during lunch, they all come over to my table, anything I do pisses them off, and about a month later, they tell me to scram.

I've been told "you never win an argument against a woman" and thats something that can just piss me off. I've always been the one whose gotten looked at with eyes of hatred whenever I talk back against them, and I'd just like to them get whats coming to them for once.

Sorry but we have a rule against posting in threads that have been inactive for more than a month. I would have let this slide if the topic was only a few months old, but a few years? That's too much, regardless of how interesting the subject matter is.

Next time, just make a new thread instead of bumping one that has been dead for a really long time.