Your controller setup

Pride

18 members have voted

1. 1. I use...

I used to be a GC controller purist, but due to there being only one in the house, and my sister only knowing how to play with that, I began to use the Wii-mote/Nunchuk setup. After a couple of weeks, I just couldn't play with the GC controller anymore. Smashes on the pad, tap jump off, smash motions off.

What's yours?

Edited by Pride

Even though I use a GC controller, I'll say WiiMote+Nunchuck. I just haven't played enough to get used to the nunchuck combo, but when I do it'll pay off greatly.

GC Controller setup: X to shield C stick for specials

Nunchuck setup: Control pad in any direction to jump, C to grab, motions off.

I think other than that, everything is default. Tap jump off of course.

Why doesn't this poll let the people choose more than one option? Anyways, it's the Gamecube controller for me. I also use the classic controller too. The latter being a more viable option for the time being.

I use the GC because I'm used to it from Melee. I don't need to worry about not having the wireless because I have a Wavebird Wireless controll.

The same way your disable it on the GameCube controller, dearest. It's in controller options.

Edit - Unless you mean button. It's C by default.

Unless you mean how I do it. It's in easy reach.

Edited by Rhelm

I've played with the wiimote/nunchuck since I bought the game. I didnt play Melee that much, and even if I did, Brawl plays so different for me that when I tried playing Brawl with the GC controller I just couldnt play.

Anyway, I play with the tap jump off, and motions off (although it's cool doing Marth's up smash with a motion) Something I like to do is kick my friends' asses playing with my arms crossed, something you can only do with wiimote/nunchuck setup... or really bad friends.

I vary between the wiimote alone and with nunchuck. with nunchuck its the same as yours pride though i can't seem to grab people with the nunchuck. :(

remote + nunchuck for me.

I played it like that at the start because i was too lazy to plug in my GC controller into my wii and then back into my GC. Then i forgot how to play with teh GC controller, so I stuck with remote + nunchuck combo. I also like it because I can tap C for a small jump then hit others with link's down mid air.

Edited by kirsche

• 7 months later...