My H5 playlog

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What class swaps would be best for H5?

team plz

and do you recommend going to gaiden chapters for H5 mode?

Of course: Unless you'd rather keep failures like Gordin alive.

Thinking about (for my team)

.Cain Cav--->Sniper

.Abel Cav--->Sniper

.Sheeda Mage--->Sage

.Merric Curate--->Sage

.Cord Hunter--->Horsemen

.Oguma Mercenary---> Hero

.Barst Fighter----> Warrior or Berserker

.Wolf and Sedgar--->Generals

.Catria Pegasus---->Sniper

.Wendell

.Lena

.Athena

.Julian

and for the endgame are you going to do the one turn strategy or try to do it normally?

Edited by Jason W.

You only need one of the social knight duo on Cav>Sniper. I'd leave one of them on Paladin.

Cord Hunter--->Horsemen

Bad move. Stick with Fighter/Hero.

Catria Pegasus---->Sniper

Another bad move imo: Go with Paladin if you must have moar spd.

and for the endgame are you going to do the one turn strategy or try to do it normally?

"lol I one turned this chapter" isn't very fun, informative, or worth posting, is it? Absolutely no chapters will be warp skipped, no exception.

Edited by Norton Sez What?

Cut down to about 6 Master Seal units. The last two can be reserved for units like Dolph and Katua. Though one comes in C18 too... so maybe 5 isn't a bad number. The 6th could've been Roger or Caesar anyway.

I slightly disagree with B2BD on Katua. Sniper isn't a bad option since the rank will still work to her advantage. Paladin isn't a terrible option though. As for using Cav duo DracoKnight > Paladin due to superior bases (the Def is the crucial one) and using Axes as a secondary option.

C10:

Oh god this chapter sucks. I hate it badly. I don't see how it could be done without generic walls/Jeorge [Minerva was going to replace him anyway] Someone was doing a 100% Survival run? I salute you. Oh yeah: Don't try to hold off the reinforcements from INSIDE the fort. Do it from the OUTSIDE. That's really the key to this chapter. Everything went way smoother as soon as ThunderMan told me that.

Also, throughout constant resets...I've noticed that the AI doesn't always go for guys locked to 2 range even when it can. Has anybody else experienced this?

Anyway, Abel RNG blessage has cut down a bit. Cain actually looks better right now. See for yourself.

13 Marth: 30 HP, 11 str, 16 AS, 11 def

14 Cain: 31 HP, 14 str, 14 AS, 9 def

14 Abel: 29 HP, 13 str, 14 AS, 10 def

10 Julian: The same

15 Cord: 32 HP, 15 str, 16 AS, 7 def

15 Merric: 29 HP, 5 mag, 15 AS, 6 def

7 Zag: 34 HP, 12 str, 17 AS, 12 def

Turncount: 38 turns. Meeeeh...I kind of slopped this one up a few times because of misunderstanding the AI and in general just more turtling than nessacary. And screwing up during the final stages, could have saved a turn by having Marth closer to the throne...but oh well.

You know, in the area where Maria and the chests are?

Do NOT retreat into there. It just makes things suck more.

Where do you go? You don't go anywhere. You just stay out of enemy range in the outdoors. They come to you, you don't come to them.

Anyway, C11.

I'll admit this chapter kinda sucks for the luck manipulation against the Sniper and stonehoist ballisticans, but at least they had the decency to put a save point RIGHT before the luck portion. Anyway...that dragonkiller you got in C9 better still be around. Other than that, once you bypass the luck portion, you really start to see what people mean when they say "The first 10 chapters of H5 are the hardest".

Balancing my checkbook is going to be the worst part: I'm down to 135. I'm also overstocked, so I'm going to start getting rid of iron weapons.

Also, Reclassed Minerva into Sniper. Going to axe Shiida in 12x if I can't in 12. Probably Maria too.

13 Marth: 30 HP, 11 str, 16 AS, 11 def

15 Abel: 30 HP, 13 str, 14 AS, 10 def

15 Cain: 32 HP, 14 str, 14 AS, 10 def

10 Julian: Still the same

16 Merric: 30 HP, 5 mag, 16 AS, 6 def

15 Cord: same

8 Zag: 36 HP, 13 str, 18 AS, 13 def [Almost B axes woot]

Turncount: 23 turns. WOULD have been better, but I forgot all about that damn "Visit Anna's house" deal, so I had to waste a few more turns having Julian moving back.

Edited by Miyamoto Powers

Also, throughout constant resets...I've noticed that the AI doesn't always go for guys locked to 2 range even when it can. Has anybody else experienced this?
This is probably because they want to go after whoever has the lowest durability with no regard to their safety, probably knowing it's actually beneficial for them to do so if they die so that a space is opened up.
Anyway...that dragonkiller you got in C9 better still be around.
I could never manage to get that sword.

C12:

Play this chapter like n00bs play Counterstrike or Halo or so and so: Spawncamp. Don't budge an inch until C10 when the reinforcements die out. Be sure you stay out of Heimler and the mages's ranges while dealing with the cavs/horseman. But that's reallty the worst part: Once you bypass the reinforcements, the rest is pretty simple. Oh, and TREASURE!!!!oneone111one

14 Marth: 31 HP, 12 str, 17 AS, 12 def

16 Abel: 30 HP, 13 str, 15 AS, 10 def

16 Cain: 33 HP, 14 str, 14 AS, 10 def

18 Merric: 32 HP, 5 mag, 16 AS, 6 def

13 Julian: 26 HP, 13 str, 18 AS, 5 def

16 Cord: 33 HP, 16 str, 17 AS, 7 def

3 Jake: 20 HP, 7 str, 2 skl, 5 lck, 14 def

9 Zag: 38 HP, 14 str, 19 AS, 14 def

You'll note that Julian gained 3 levels pretty fast: Theives and Horsemen are mainly to thank for this.

Turncount: 33 turns. The end phase is mainly where things slowed down as it took me a while to send Maria to suicide on the Mamkute. Julian needed time to get the boots, anyway.

Think I should give the boots to Zag to make him even more lol?

Are you going to get Etzel or kill him off?

Are you going to get Beck and Jake or you going to just keep one?

There's forged braves on enemies at this mode right?

I guess use the boots if you want unless if you have another character in mind.

Are you going to get Etzel or kill him off?

Probably kill him.

Are you going to get Beck and Jake or you going to just keep one?

Already got Jake. Not using Beck.

There's forged braves on enemies at this mode right?

Correct, but only in Endgame.

If you're up to it, could you check the actual range of the Ballistae in C13? Or upload the save file to Mediafire when you reach C13 and I'll test it.

Righty-o.

12x:

Horace went after me, so he had to die. Now, I probably could have gone the other way around so he'd leave me alone, and in retrospect that probably would have been the right thing to do, but screw it, right? Also suicided Shiida as her utility had worn out some time ago and she had fufilled her last purpose: Recruiting Jake.

Reclassed Dolph to Hunter.

15 Marth:

32 HP, 13 str, 18 AS, 13 def

17 Abel: pretty much same except 1 HP lvl up

16 Cain: Same

13 Julian: same

17 Cord: another HP only leveller

5 Jake: 21 HP, 9 str, 3 skl, 6 lck, 14 def

7 Dolph: 24 HP, 9 str, 13 AS, 6 def

20/1 Merric [schweet]: 40 HP, 10 mag, 18 AS, 7 def [He got the Spirit Dust as I'm not using any other magic users: Lena yeah, but she's utility. Oh, and he promoted after the chapter. Just might as well show him off here.]

11 Zag: 42 HP, 16 str, 21 AS, 16 def

...I daresay Hero insults all balance within the game even worse than General.

Turncount: 29: Technically 26, as the boss died then: But I needed Marth to scoot over to a village.

If Julian isn't as much as a detriment as everyone thought, then he may see a tier rise.

As entertaining as these are, a character can't rise just because they were useful on one person's playthrough. He could of been given a bunch of favoritism, he could of been blessed, etc. Using average stats and enemy stats seems a lot more reliable.

I was told he didn't have much trouble giving Julian kills, so I'm taking his word for it. Besides, every character in the game needs to be babied except for utility units, so to hold this against Julian as if he's the only one with this problem in the early game is unfair. Yes, he does have more problems, but it's why I put him in Mid and not Upper Mid.

Mid tier does seem fine for him, but you really need to be given more evidence before changing a character's tier placement. I have a feeling if it was anybody but B2BD doing this playthrough and saying this, you wouldn't be so hasty to make the change. Not arguing that he isn't mid, I'm just saying.

Then I will offer my experience to the contrary: I had giant problems getting Julian to even steal kills before he got D rank swords. And before you even think of saying "forge," I'd rather blow my money on weapons that will let me OHKO/ORKO armors and cavs than on weapons that will let Julian steal a kill.

I don't seem to recall my turncounts being this high.

Excuse me for not being as good a player as you?

And before you even think of saying "forge," I'd rather blow my money on weapons that will let me OHKO/ORKO armors and cavs than on weapons that will let Julian steal a kill.

I just want to clarify that I've not forged a single thing yet.

I also want to clarify that I dunno about Armorslayer as Julian's the only guy on my team besides Marth who can use it, but I certainly have had no problems ORKOing armors with hammers and cavs just needed to be tickled before Ridersbane would do them in: Dropping a load of cash when I'm already in a bit of financial worry just to One-shot seemed to be a waste on either end.

Anyway

C13: Pretty simple as long as you get the order of priority straight: Kill the Hoistflamme/Quickrain dudes before the Stonehoist dudes, as stonehoist's hit sucks so bad it won't even hit less than half the time. In fact, I wouldn't be afraid just to highlight the non-stonehoist ballistaes and just worry about their ranges. Oh, and don't be a moron like me and accidentily move Jake into the Thunderbolt's range >_>

15 Marth: same

17 Cain: got an HP lvl up

17 Abel: same

17 Cord: same

11 Zag: same

14 Julian: 27 HP, 13 str, 19 AS, 6 def

20/2 Merric: luck level >_>

7 Jake: 22 HP, 10 str, +7 hit modifier [Going to use that instead of skl/lck split], 15 def

8 Dolph: Got a no stat level >_>

Most everybody not named Julian got screwed or just couldn't level. Mostly to blame on levelling speed slowing down.

Turncount: 14. I had to wait an extra turn for Dolph to kill a Priest, but it was either that or his low level/E bow rank giving me more shit later. Bit the bullet and took the turn here because it's probably going to save me more later.