Mist

Mist:Good or Bad  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Mist:A Burden or A Big Help

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She has a nice bo- Wait, what am I saying!? Her face looks realy cute and sweet I Really forget if she's younger ;_;

Yeah, nice hips, I noticed that but still...*looks at her chest*

I voted burden, but that's kind of harsh. She's entirely useable but I just can't be bothered, babying units is so annoying to me. I only baby mages/troubadours because they always greatly pay off, like Soren.

If she were a proper valkyrie and used magic I'd use her all the time, though.

Edited by Treasure Chest

• 2 weeks later...

Nobody else is competing for the Arms Scrolls or the three magic swords, as far as I can tell. She's the most awesome glass cannon I've ever used, she can heal, and she gets a pony when she promotes. Lol @ burden. Little concrete durability =/= burden.

She's entirely useable but I just can't be bothered, babying units is so annoying to me.

If she were a proper valkyrie and used magic I'd use her all the time, though.

One, she doesn't need babying. She needs protection. Like pretty much every healer before her.

Two, she has magic swords; with far higher might than most tomes. I don't see what the problem is.

Edited by Naglfar

1) What? No, she does; most units promote by Chapter 17-ish (at Level 20, mind you). She appears in Chapter 9 at Level 1 and only wields staves with tiny durability. There is no way, even if she does heal 1HP every turn, that she is going to reach level 20 without having a lot of BEXP pumped into her or without being babied; don't forget, she's competing with Rhys for heals and if you get Ilyana/Soren/Tormod (harhar) promoted beforehand, Mist becomes obsolete as the Sages will heal more with a Heal staff then she will with Mend before she promotes. As such, she'll have to promote in the mid-tens (if she reaches that high) with a Master Seal - this is, of course, assuming nobody else wants it.

Or, at least. This is what happens in my experience.

2) The Arms Scrolls have their uses, especially if you're using units who come in under levelled with low Weapon ranks (...kinda like Mist, really) and the magic swords have... what, 20 uses each? One of them comes on Tanith, who'll want to use it once or twice since she has a pretty good bid for them. And I believe there are two Magic swords (Runesword/Sonic Sword. Am I missing one?), with the second one coming in a chapter or two before Endgame.

Mist is quite good, she at least doesn't get slowed down by a Heal staff at first nor a Mend when she grows out her Str.

My Rhys died at Ch 17, so I luckily trained her, it actually is quite easy to train her if you keep her from behind. But I wouldn't exagerate saying she's a big help, you get Rhys at Ch2 and until Mist comes he will be healing your units.

don't forget, she's competing with Rhys for heals

Why would you be training Rhys and Mist in the same run in the first place?

and if you get Ilyana/Soren/Tormod (harhar) promoted beforehand, Mist becomes obsolete as the Sages will heal more with a Heal staff then she will with Mend before she promotes.

Bullshit. 20/1 Soren has 18.4 Magic, so Mist only needs 9 to prove that wrong, which she gets at level 11.

Honestly, getting Mist promoted by Ch. 17 is not as hard as people make it out to be.

and if you get Ilyana/Soren/Tormod (harhar) promoted beforehand, Mist becomes obsolete as the Sages will heal more with a Heal staff then she will with Mend before she promotes.

Bullshit. 20/1 Soren has 18.4 Magic, so Mist only needs 9 to prove that wrong, which she gets at level 11.

Honestly, getting Mist promoted by Ch. 17 is not as hard as people make it out to be.

All it really takes is much bexp. I know I've had her promoted at chapter 18 before. One runthrough I even got both her and Rhys to 20/20. Elincia too. Of course, Rhys started endgame at like 20/12 or something and Elincia at like xx/8. But that's what more than half a dozen sleep/silence staves plus two fortify staves plus ashera staff plus 3 uses of Hammerne (2 spent on fortify) can do.

But yeah, in a more tier list oriented play, if you are attempting to raise Mist then she is your primary healer. Rhys heals only when Mist is either not close enough to do it herself or when she has already healed someone that turn. Ilyana/Soren mostly attack rather than heal. While you might like getting them some extra experience if the only enemies nearby are not yet promoted, it is still better to give to Mist.

A similar argument can be made if you are attempting to raise Rhys, only the results are worse than what you get out of raising Mist. Still, the point is that if there are 12 heals and 10 turns in a given map (no heron yet), giving each healer 6 heals is a good way to never get anything good offensively out of either of them. Ditto splitting bexp among the two of them. Better to focus on one of them and the other just keeps doing its healing thing without gaining much experience. As long as it isn't ORKOd, and even if it is, it doesn't much matter.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Yeah, I actually had Mist 20/20 by the time I got Elincia, no Ashera Staff required. It was a transfer run, so at that point I just thought, "Hey, why don't I try to get Elincia to level 20 and transfer her as well?"

Oh, and Mist is usually my first to promote. I use a lot of BEXP on her right away to make the best use of it on a unit with a static experience gain.

It's possible, I do it. :awesome:

At first they're both the same class, but later they're different category of fighters, but Rhys & Mist don't have much fame in there fighting do to Rhys getting slowed down by his tomes and Mist doing crappy damage. :(

The only case of why I'm having Mist fight (With average swords) is because she turned out good all around (For me, that is).

It may not be that this game has horrible WEXP gain. Radiant Dawn just makes WEXP pointless, since you're going to cap it out within, like, a level.

Not only that, but the amount of time that you get from the Dawn Brigade and the Crimians makes it so that you'd have to use Arm Scrolls to build up their WPN Skill.

All it really takes is much bexp. I know I've had her promoted at chapter 18 before. One runthrough I even got both her and Rhys to 20/20. Elincia too. Of course, Rhys started endgame at like 20/12 or something and Elincia at like xx/8. But that's what more than half a dozen sleep/silence staves plus two fortify staves plus ashera staff plus 3 uses of Hammerne (2 spent on fortify) can do.

But yeah, in a more tier list oriented play, if you are attempting to raise Mist then she is your primary healer. Rhys heals only when Mist is either not close enough to do it herself or when she has already healed someone that turn. Ilyana/Soren mostly attack rather than heal. While you might like getting them some extra experience if the only enemies nearby are not yet promoted, it is still better to give to Mist.

A similar argument can be made if you are attempting to raise Rhys, only the results are worse than what you get out of raising Mist. Still, the point is that if there are 12 heals and 10 turns in a given map (no heron yet), giving each healer 6 heals is a good way to never get anything good offensively out of either of them. Ditto splitting bexp among the two of them. Better to focus on one of them and the other just keeps doing its healing thing without gaining much experience. As long as it isn't ORKOd, and even if it is, it doesn't much matter.

Out of this...Rhys is better to just heal your characters.

Out of this...Rhys is better to just heal your characters.

1 word: Mend.

If there are ever times in which you need the extra 7 points of healing Rhys can do (level 14 Rhys has 14 mag, level 7 Mist has 7 mag), or however much it is at whatever levels they are, or your character will die the next enemy phase, then sure, Rhys can heal the dude. But since that will happen rather infrequently, it means Mist can still be given more heals when she is your focus, and Rhys can still be given more heals in a game where he is your focus. It's not really an issue. 27 hp vs. 34 hp healed when your characters (most of them) are late 20s, early 30s for hp isn't really a big difference. And it doesn't take very many "heal"s before she can start using Mend.

And it doesn't take very many "heal"s before she can start using Mend.

10 heals is like 2 chapters. That's 2 chapters where it's 34 HP healed vs 17 HP healed. There's definitely a sizeable difference in that. And of course, a second character healing, especially a better one, might make it ~3 chapters or something like that.

And it doesn't take very many "heal"s before she can start using Mend.

10 heals is like 2 chapters. That's 2 chapters where it's 34 HP healed vs 17 HP healed. There's definitely a sizeable difference in that. And of course, a second character healing, especially a better one, might make it ~3 chapters or something like that.

I don't see how it would take 3 chapters. You'd need to be healing with her 4 times per chapter and no more. Surely you can pull 6 or so, even with Rhys doing the healing for the really desperate situations, what with them being so rare.

Besides, think of this:

Some unit is at 5 hp. Mist heals it to 20. It has 30 max hp. Rhys could have healed it all the way. But this being PoR, 20 hp is more than enough for the unit to survive. It drops to 10 hp. Mist heals it up to 25. Rhys heals it from 20 to 30. The point is, you have 2 healers along the way and rarely enough work for them both to heal something every turn anyway, so spending two turns to fully heal a unit versus one turn is an advantage for Mist because it gets her more exp. Heck, I'd probably just have Rhys use Heal sometimes depending on the situation. The extra healing is rarely the difference between life and death. When it is, those are the times Rhys can pull off his hero act with Mend. The rest of the time, Mist heals.

The only excuse for Mist taking a long time to reach promotion is that you don't want to spend the bexp. Which would be understandable. However, having her split healing 50/50 with another healer is a foolish way to use them since neither will ever promote. She ends better offensively, he starts with better healing. Either one could have a legitimate reason to be brought to promotion. Just not on the same playthrough. Splitting duties down the middle is not a good way to analyze their combat abilities, since two units that take forever to promote and will have sucky combat because of their late promotion is inferior to having one unit brought to promotion earlier when their offensive contributions won't reek and having the other healer just there for when the extra healing is necessary.