Merlinus question

Merlinus never "dies", so to speak. If he loses all of his HP he retreats, and you lose storage capability for the rest of the chapter (so if someone acquires an item but is already holding 5 items, that unit must drop an item). He returns in the next chapter no matter what.

Merlinus gains one level for every chapter he makes it to the end of, but doesn't gain a level if he retreats from a chapter.

Edit: I assumed this was in the FE7 board, but I was wrong.

Merlinus does come back for each chapter, but disregard what I said about gaining a level for each chapter he makes it through. In FE6, he's just like another unit in terms of level gaining, so making him gain experience and levels is very difficult, since he can't attack. You have to have him get attacked 100 times before he gains a level.

Edited by Raven

I'm not sure if the Survival rank is affected or not, but other than that, nothing that I'm aware of other than what I've already mentioned.

EDIT:

I believe I'm wrong - I just read this in the pinned topic in this forum:

"Merlinus can store items wherever he is on the map or not. Also he takes up a character space if you bring him out. Thus it is recommended not to bring him out in Chapters. He does return if he "dies", but then again he cannot level up (unless you make him dodge several hundred times)."

So, don't worry about Merlinus at all.

Edited by Raven