Things You Notice the SECOND time +

Eltoshen

Yeah, around my current playthrough, I've rediscovered things I didn't notice before.

In Chapter 17, last stage, Mist smites Boyd for making fun of her weight. I don't think this has ever happened before because my Mist has always been promoted by then.

Boyd doesn't exactly know how to treat a girl well.

Edited by Ayanami

How annoying it is to have to wait until chapter 8 for the base. It was kinda okay on my first playthrough, but with some of the characters coming with bands equipped, they make the whole item management thing worse.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Yeah, around my current playthrough, I've rediscovered things I didn't notice before.

In Chapter 17, last stage, Mist smites Boyd for making fun of her weight. I don't think this has ever happened before because my Mist has always been promoted by then.

As has been mentioned before, this is not because she was promoted. What I don't think has been mentioned is that you need certain characters deployed to get this little scene (namely Mist, Boyd, and Soren). You probably left one or more of them on the sideline the first time you played through the game...

Anyway, I noticed a few things myself, which in retrospect seem incredibly obvious.

For example, I noticed that Kurthnaga and Rajaion had identical marks on their foreheads, and they both had red eyes. I also noticed that Soren also had red eyes... In retrospect, this was an incredible setup for the big revelation at the end of Radiant Dawn...

Stefan.

That is all.

Oh yeah, I don't think you'd ever learn of his existence unless you read a guide or something.

Seriously, they give no clues that he exists.

At least not until you've reached the endgame and realized that there is someone missing from Soren's and Mordecai's support options...

Actually, I think that one of the base conversations mentions something about shadowy figures in the northeast corner of the desert... If so, that might be a clue that Stefan exists.

Oh, but a word of caution. Studying the ruins from afar is one thing, but you would be well advised to keep your distance... For safety's sake! It's said that there's a bandit stronghold near the northwest ruins. And we hear occasional reports of strange figures wandering the dunes in the northeast. Be careful!

But who really pays attention to the base conversations anyway?

Edited by Paper Jam

But who really pays attention to the base conversations anyway?
Since I care more about writing than gameplay, me. :b

I am too observing to have noticed something on my second run that I had not noticed my first besides bands. My Japanese friend spoiled Stefan for me so I didn't miss him. I'm thankful for her, really.

While it wasn't the second time through (closer to my twelfth) I finally paid attention to the plot again, instead of simply skipping everything.

I always wondered about the senators in RD and why they seemed random. It was then I realized they actually existed in PoR... The same goes for Gareth.

I spoiled myself as for recruitable characters and knew about Stefan beforehand, but I'll agree with everyone else when I say that I wouldn't have found him otherwise.

always wondered about the senators in RD and why they seemed random. It was then I realized they actually existed in PoR... The same goes for Gareth.

Yeah. Also things you notice AFTER you played RD! Like when Sephiran ordered the BK to stand down, Sephiran's little speil at the end of the game, why Soren hides from the Goldoans, etc. but thats another thread entirely.

I didnt know about Stefan until i saw it in a Nintendo Power. I was all "oh snap!" I believe it was my second playthrough, i got him. Also that scene with Mist in the forest. I didnt discover that one until several playthroughs in. Bertram/Renning resemblance. didnt notice that until third playthrough.

always wondered about the senators in RD and why they seemed random. It was then I realized they actually existed in PoR... The same goes for Gareth.

Yeah. Also things you notice AFTER you played RD! Like when Sephiran ordered the BK to stand down, Sephiran's little speil at the end of the game, why Soren hides from the Goldoans, etc. but thats another thread entirely.

I didnt know about Stefan until i saw it in a Nintendo Power. I was all "oh snap!" I believe it was my second playthrough, i got him. Also that scene with Mist in the forest. I didnt discover that one until several playthroughs in. Bertram/Renning resemblance. didnt notice that until third playthrough.

You mean Nasir, right?

You mean Nasir, right?

No. I mean Soren. After the scene with the dragons, you see Ike talking to Nasir and someone mentions Soren went below decks.

You mean Nasir, right?

No. I mean Soren. After the scene with the dragons, you see Ike talking to Nasir and someone mentions Soren went below decks.

Actually, Nasir and Soren BOTH hid below deck during the Goldoa incident...

...which I find pretty odd, actually. Soren didn't know that he was one of the Branded until he read about them from a book in the Mainal library, and that was after the Goldoa incident.

You mean Nasir, right?

Actually, Nasir and Soren BOTH hid below deck during the Goldoa incident...

...which I find pretty odd, actually. Soren didn't know that he was one of the Branded until he read about them from a book in the Mainal library, and that was after the Goldoa incident.

That doesn't change the fact that he detests laguz. Remember his past?

• 3 weeks later...

Stefan.

That is all.

Oh yeah, I don't think you'd ever learn of his existence unless you read a guide or something.

Seriously, they give no clues that he exists.

I probably wouldn't have known about him either unless I had read a guide but didn't have to since. I got lucky on my first time by having Lethe go in that area to look for treasure.

Black Knight moves on hard mode....:(

• 2 weeks later...

In the chapter with the pirate ship (Chapter...3 or 4) if you go to the open house on the right, it happens to be Nasir. I forgot what he gives you though.

Aether can miss. (Only the Sol part though, I haven't seen the Luna part miss) and the Sol part happened to miss about 3 times for me, one on the Black Knight fight.

Edited by princeharold

In the chapter with the pirate ship (Chapter...3 or 4) if you go to the open house on the right, it happens to be Nasir. I forgot what he gives you though.

Aether can miss. (Only the Sol part though, I haven't seen the Luna part miss) and the Sol part happened to miss about 3 times for me, one on the Black Knight fight.

Elixir.

This happened often to me in the fight with Petrine.

• 2 weeks later...