Linde or Merric

Oujay

39 members have voted

1. 1. who is better

• Linde
    • Merric

Merric. Only units I use that join past Chapter 5 are Catria and utility/promoted units such as Horace and Chainey.

so you don't give some good characters a chance?

I try several but I often go with what I've just said and Catria's really been the only exception.

Linde's not worth using IMO, far too fragile.

that is what I thought, but I just gave her a try and she turned out great, I think that you should try to raise her up.

I try several but I often go with what I've just said and Catria's really been the only exception.

Linde's not worth using IMO, far too fragile.

that is what I thought, but I just gave her a try and she turned out great, I think that you should try to raise her up.

I already have tried her and she stops getting killed 1 in hit by enemies around lvl 20 and then that happens again starting on Chapter 20. Screw that.

Merric, of course. Unlike Linde he doesn't need to get babied to be good, and the only thing Linde has over Merric is a higher MAG stat, but enemies' RES in this game sucks. If Merric for some reason gets MAG-screwed, he can simply whip out a stronger tome and still fry everything in his way, while Linde can hardly do anything to fix her non-existant durability. Merric actually is quite durable, with that high HP of his and an actually existant DEF-growth as a mage. Also, Excalibur > Aura because it hits flying units super effective and boosts Crt, which compensates for its lower Mt compared to Aura.

Also, just to top it off, Merric even joins a ton earlier than Linde does. There's really no justifiable reason to use Linde over Merric unless he's dead, but letting him die is a pretty stupid thing to do.

Edited by Raymond

Application of stats while leveling up is more important than having better stats after being leveled up. Merric is going to be better than Linda for a longer time.

This doesn't mean that, if you're a Linda fan, that you shouldn't use her, but it makes Merric much better.

Merric. He has Excalibur which auto* criticals on air borne units and he joins so many chapters earlier. Plus, even as a Mage, he has a defensive growth :o

Linde...All she has over him really is Magic. But besides Pegasus Knights (read: Excalibur), other mages, and the Mage Dragon(s), what units have a resistance stat that's big enough to halt Merric from killing them?

Edited by p00nage 4

what units have a resistance stat that's big enough to halt Merric from killing them?
Well, Mage Dragons, but those stop Linde too, so.... And her Mag lead isn't large enough to make up for how much HP enemies have on H5.

Merric. He gets much better defense and HP. Overall he is one of the few characters that can possibly max out in Hp. Plus he can use Aura when his Magic level is high enough, and that he joins alot earlier than her.

In the NES/SNES versions Linde is better. Because she isn't someone who has to relie on criticals to get a good attack, the only character that can use the tome, and that Aura will be the most powerful tome that you will get.

Edited by Ayanami

what units have a resistance stat that's big enough to halt Merric from killing them?
Well, Mage Dragons, but those stop Linde too, so.... And her Mag lead isn't large enough to make up for how much HP enemies have on H5.

I mentioned Mage Dragons right before that XD

Edited by p00nage 4

You are all fools!

WRYS IS BETTER THAN THOSE TWO!!! HE'S LIKE, ONE OF THE BETTER CHARACTERS IN THE GAME!!!!

But seriously, I voted Merric because he's all around better than Linde. Joins early, can actually take some hits as a magic user, can wield Excalibur right out of the gate, and is a big help against Pegasus knights due to Excalibur.

Linde? She comes late. At level 1. Can't take a good hit at all. Starts with 18 HP when most of your other units would have at least above 25. At least she comes with Aura. Yes, she's above him when it comes to MAG, but that's really it. Yes, there's an arena in the same chapter you recruit, but training her that way is wasting gold. I know, I've tried.

And btw Ayanami, the Aura tome can only be used by FEMALES. So no Aura for Merric, not that he needs it anyway.

Merric.

Roger gets no love. Neither does all the cool units that join past C5. ;_; (Screw Athena).

Linde is garbage in this game. Play Book 2 if you want to use Linde.

Edited by Colonel M

Ah shit, I always forget that. Cannon endings don't exist.

Anyway, Linde might be okay in NM (I remember this because I did want to try her out in the half-way-I-gave-up-and-played-H5-playthrough).

But Jake and Shiida are practically made for each other!

Polygamy. Remember our convo B2BD?

Edited by Colonel M