Linde or Merric

Oujay

39 members have voted

1. 1. who is better

• Linde
    • Merric

Jake has like... 20 other supports (including Linde, which this thread is about). Give Roger a break, man!

But that's WHY Jake and Shiida go so well together!

Why merric is EPIC: Cavalier/Archer Merric.... Sure cleric to sage is better but cavalier/archer is pretty good due to merric's awesome growths/bases.

Sure he has no strength. But he has the best durability in the game after Wolf/Sedgar thanks to his ridiculous hp/speed growth on top of a pretty good defense growth (In fact he has the highest defense growth of all class A units at 35% for cav and 30% for archer) supported by great bases for a level 1 unpromoted unit. In a way he is better both offensively and defensively than the likes of darros due to doubling and not being doubled as well as being more accurate with his attacks. As a cav he can tank instantly with high move thanks to his bases and as a archer he can provide accurate chip damage at a range and focus on his speed stat. And he always has the option of going cleric to build up a res stat/stave ranks/gain a level lead/and gain some more speed as well.

And in the mid-late game he can always go back to being mage/sage and despite his sucky weapon ranks he can double with excalibur with a massive hp/defense stat to destroy any draco knight and be pretty tanky on the final chapters as well. And after promotion he can go dracoknight which will boost his base defense even higher and allow him to focus on his speed stat as well as give him axes/lances giving him the ability to cancel out most of the weapon rank bonuses further boosting his durability.

Cav Merric isn't even that tanky...35% def growth isn't that special, and the base is lower than most armors as well.

I admit I'd probably use him as a tank if it wasn't for the fact that I'd be robbing myself of the most epic mage in the game.

Cav Merric isn't even that tanky...35% def growth isn't that special, and the base is lower than most armors as well.

I admit I'd probably use him as a tank if it wasn't for the fact that I'd be robbing myself of the most epic mage in the game.

Yea but alot of the armors get doubled and they lose some hp as well for going armor in the beginning. Once they promote it's unnoticeable but before hand I find it to be a problem. Basically Cav!Merric focuses on his +4 hp base/+2 defense base/+3 speed base. And merric also has 45% speed and 90% hp as a cav. As a archer he has 60% speed/same hp growth which really helps his defense stand out a bit more.

Edit: sorry for the double post.

Edited by Lancelot

Merric's official artwork is ugly. I'll go with Linde.

Great way of judging a Merric!

If it justifies my words, I've used both Merric and Linde together.

Edit - My tablet made me send my post before I was finished. :<

Edited by Remmé

This isn't a tier topic, so I'll say that physical Merric classes can become epic with a little Energy Drop/forge favortism (dynamic growths may kick in for Str too). He has ridiculous speed. He has ridiculous Def. He has great HP. He just needs a boost in attack power.

If it justify's my words, I've used both Merric and Linde together.
Nope. Doesn't justify it. Edited by Brawl Sheeda

This isn't a tier topic, so I'll say that physical Merric classes can become epic with a little Energy Drop/forge favortism (dynamic growths may kick in for Str too). He has ridiculous speed. He has ridiculous Def. He has great HP. He just needs a boost in attack power.

If it justify's my words, I've used both Merric and Linde together.
Nope. Doesn't justify it.

I can't argue against that. It's the truth. He desperately needs forges/energy drinks (Dynamic growths would give him about a 30% strength growth after promotion due to all the failures he had before hand. If dynamics follow the 20% negative for every stat gain then merric would be mostly unaffected due to only losing 2 points to growth for each success) .... but that ability to tank would be priceless if let's say darros died and were not using wolf/sedgar as gens or even deploying them at all.

• 3 weeks later...

Needs more Mage Lena talk in this topic.

Merric is a pretty cool guy. Linde is fragile and has a tome I give to Lena.

But since she isn't even on here, Merric.