best lord

Oujay

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna be expecting a lot of people to say Sigurd in here, seeing as it usually happens. I'm no exception, even though I like Hector and Lyn also. Ike, I'd say would be the 2nd best lord in the series, especially his FE10 incarnation.

Edited by Idun and Sephiroth fan

Sigurd is without a doubt, the best lord in FE.

I'm gonna be expecting a lot of people to say Sigurd in here, seeing as it usually happens.

While this is true, I also expect a lot of people to say Ike as well. Especially the masses who played only the FE games that got released outside of Japan.

Maybe it's because I knew he was awesome, FE10 Ike didn't blow me away. He's statistically a bit above many of your troops, and is quite well rounded, and gets his infinite, two range, def+5 weapon relatively quickly to when you first get to use him, and ... okay, he is pretty great. My only gripe is he's a god among gods, as when you can use Ike, you can use Shinon, Titania, trained Rolf, Soren, or Gatrie. Even on hard/maniac mode, you can essentially rush the enemies and win with their base stats.

FE9 Ike is one of my favorite units in all FE, in terms of awesome. He has a weakish start, and a later-than-desired promotion ... but pure win otherwise. He's a lord who in all probability will be capping a lot of stats.

Sigurd is probably the best lord, as I felt he's very needed to stop a horde coming at you in the very beginning chapters, and while his usefulness waned a bit (for me, I don't care to look at averages), he stayed one of the top characters. Tyrfing is the tempura on my ice cream, at that.

Hector is also great, of course. The second highest defense growth by a mile, tied for second highest strength growth, and quite passable other growths make for a good character. Not to mention the Prf weapon doing well for him.

Ephraim and Eirika, quite fine units. They don't stand out to me because many FE8 characters are way better than the enemies. Jeigan Seth is a great character, FGS.

Leaf, with scrolled growths, has some natural advantages over a lot of his comrades, but the fact is, a shit load of his comrades have rape tools beyond what he could do. I personally think he's an okay lord, though I know he's frowned upon a bit.

For me, it's FE9 Ike. After his promotion: game over, man! Game over!