Help with Final Fantasy

luigi bros

Please no spoilers!!!

I didn't look up a guide since I knew there would be spoilers later on. I'm not lazy!

Anyways, I am having trouble with Final Fantasy One. In the Earthgift Shrine (I think that's what it's called) I can't beat Echidna. It keeps killig me. What do I do? Is the fight optional?

PSP version is identical to Dawn of Souls besides some musical additions and another bonus dungeon.

Play the PS1 version. Or the NES.

...Or even the Wonderswan version. :-|

What the hell is the difference? DId they change the difficulty or something?

Oh, fanboys...

Anyone who tells this person "FIND THE NES VERSION YOU FAGGOT" is a fool. Yes, the NES version was harder. It was also clumsier than a drunken frat boy looking for the clasp of a difficult bra. Anytime I need to breakout Mr. NES Advantage to buy POTIONS, you have a clumsy system.

Yes, it's nice that the PSP version kept the option for the harder difficulty, but you know what? The NES version was unbalanced as hell anyway. "OK, good job making it to the Elf village! Now, GRIND SEVEN MORE LEVELS. BUY 99 HEAL POTIONS. YOU WILL SPEND YOUR NEXT THREE HOURS FIGHTING OGRES. HAVE FUN." I do think there should be an option for fans of the older game who wanted it, but to just say that you're not playing the "real" FF1 if you're not bashing your dick into a meat grinder is ignorant.

FF1 is about planning and building resources. The challenge is to build money while not getting yourself killed doing so. This may include using the Peninsula of Power, while not an intentional part of the game, really added to it. After that, it becomes about the dungeons.

And yes, I'm being a fanboy because having a fixed shop system does not outweigh not having a proper hard mode. Your characters leveled up every other battle, almost like a freaking cheat code, mainly defeating a lot of point in playing FF1. You're better off playing FF8 if you want to see how fast you can rape the game.

The PS1 is the sheer winner here. Why they didn't follow the PS1 version's example is absolutely idiotic since it lets FF1 fans and easy mode fans happy. It's either the NES or PS1 version (whichever one you manage to find) or bust, no other version is worth playing.

FF1 is about planning and building resources. The challenge is to build money while not getting yourself killed doing so. This may include using the Peninsula of Power, while not an intentional part of the game, really added to it. After that, it becomes about the dungeons.

And yes, I'm being a fanboy because having a fixed shop system does not outweigh not having a proper hard mode. Your characters leveled up every other battle, almost like a freaking cheat code, mainly defeating a lot of point in playing FF1. You're better off playing FF8 if you want to see how fast you can rape the game.

The PS1 is the sheer winner here. Why they didn't follow the PS1 version's example is absolutely idiotic since it lets FF1 fans and easy mode fans happy. It's either the NES or PS1 version (whichever one you manage to find) or bust, no other version is worth playing.

Or Wonderswan if you can read Japanese and like the old-style music. :P

Example of said music: