You Know What The Best Part About HG and SS is?

Fox

This.

Also, HeartGold and SoulSilver general thread. The ROM was leaked (there's already a fairly effective English patch out), and I know at least one of you has it. So discuss.

Oh cool. Looks like you can actually get a Kanto starter this time. I hope the region isn't the same as it was in GSC..

And I'm a little sad the Hoenn region rumor was false. I really didn't expect it to be true, but still..

Does that bug fix actually delete saved files? Because I've already run into a shiny Hoothoot and there's no way I'm giving that little fucker up when my game's frozen all of once.

I've heard that it's there's a risk of that, but so long as you keep a backup of the original ROM and your current save file, it couldn't hurt to test it.

Does that bug fix actually delete saved files? Because I've already run into a shiny Hoothoot and there's no way I'm giving that little fucker up when my game's frozen all of once.

I've heard that it's there's a risk of that, but so long as you keep a backup of the original ROM and your current save file, it couldn't hurt to test it.

True! I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the links.

Now have fun getting the English patch to actually patch to the ROM. :awesome:

Now have fun getting the English patch to actually patch to the ROM. :awesome:

Blundering through it in Japanese worked fine up until now if it doesn't work. :awesome:

Damn i can't wait until getting this game. I changed my mind and i'll get HG.

Kyogre is in there plus i already have groundon for rayquaza. Also there are 3 sets of starters yay. And latios.

Kyogre is in there plus i already have groundon for rayquaza. Also there are 3 sets of starters yay. And latios.

You have to use the Groudon from SoulSilver. You can't just use a random Groudon.

Heeeeey.. Is the special physical split present in HG and SS?

Yes because Nintendo is not retarded.

I wonder what the third of this would be.

Hmmm.... Pokemon: Mind Crystal?

Err, something's telling me that doesn't sound right...

Edit: I suppose Pokemon: BodyCrystal is better than Mind...I think...?

Edited by 21_21

I wonder what the third of this would be.

Hmmm.... Pokemon: Mind Crystal?

Err, something's telling me that doesn't sound right...

Edit: I suppose Pokemon: BodyCrystal is better than Mind...I think...?

Considering FireRed and LeafGreen didn't get a third installment, it's unlikely HeartGold and SoulSilver will.

Considering FireRed and LeafGreen didn't get a third installment, it's unlikely HeartGold and SoulSilver will.

IIRC, couldn't that be because Yellow was Japan only? Maybe that's what screwed it up, right?

Crystal came out to NA and Europe, so it would make sense that if there were remakes of Gold and Silver, then there should be one for Crystal in the future.

Watching this video multiplied my interest in this game by the number of Pokemon available in it.

Fox, do you think you'll end up playing SoulSilver in place of Silver or are you apt to return to the earlier game for subsequent playthroughs?

You have to use the Groudon from SoulSilver. You can't just use a random Groudon.

Heeeeey.. Is the special physical split present in HG and SS?

Yes because Nintendo is not retarded.

But...but why *goes to cry in a corner.* Meh i guess i could trade that groundon to my game than since i have its info in Heart gold i could excchange in the that trading center

Is it known if all of the original music tracks from Gold and Silver are available in HeartGold and SoulSilver? With the appropriate item received and option enabled, will one still encounter any of the new remixed music anywhere in the game?

Is it known if all of the original music tracks from Gold and Silver are available in HeartGold and SoulSilver? With the appropriate item received and option enabled, will one still encounter any of the new remixed music anywhere in the game?

It even changes the intro music.