Official Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver Thread!

Roxas

Welcome to the Heart Gold and Soul Silver Thread!

heart-gold-soul-silver.jpg

This is a collection of updates in a single thread. Contrary to what most people attempt to make, I will TRY keep this updated with the latest changes and news.

Or you can do it...

Some changes from the original Gold and Silver:

Updated mechanics

Updated graphics

The addition of Hoenn and Sinnoh pokemon.

The female character is NOT Crystal.

Remade (epic) music.

*Steven Stone appears in Vermillion City to tell you Latios/Latias is roaming Kanto.

Wi-fi capability.

Mystery gifts are compatible with the Pokéwalker. First gift revealed= Yellow Forest. Contains Pikachus with a "move they do not usually learn." More info later.

Apricons become pokeball material as well as the Johto equivalent of pokeblocks and poffin.

Minigames = Johto contests

*Bug Catching Contest confirmed. After you get the National Dex, you discover Sinnoh and Hoenn pokemon there too, like Combee and Surskit.

Lots more events

*After you beat Gym Leaders, hunt them down in different parts of the region when they are missing from their gyms. (Falkner is missing on Monday. Bugsey on Tuesday etc.) Find them in random places (Falkner is in a Pokémart. Bugsey is in Viridian Forest) and then they'll give you their phone numbers. Call them to schedule a rematch, and they will be in the Saffron City Fighting Dojo until you fight them.

Ability to get Johto, Kanto, and Hoenn starters. (only one of each though...)

8-bit original music function after complete all 16 gyms.

Ability to have your pokemon follow you (like Pokemon Yellow. Can interact with it)

Pokewalker (It's the Bandai Digivice with pokemon. Allows you to wirelessly transfer your pokemon and walk around with it in real life to gain exp)

*Safari Zone (Instead of being closed in Fushia City, it is now open west of Cianwood City)

CUSTOMIZABLE Safari Zone (*Pokemon change depending on the terrain. (Twelve different areas, 20 different decorations that attract different pokemon.) Saves walking around a lot. Somwhere around 720 permutations)

Real-time clock events + Pokégear

Wifi events

Berry Planter = there is no loamy soil in Johto for you to plant berries in. So, you get these 4 pots for you to carry around and grow your own berries!

...i'll keep adding, but those are the only ones I know from Serebii.net and my experience playing (so far).

This guy is your now official source for HG/SS music ;)

Any questions, I guess you can direct to me.

Newest edits marked with a *

Edited by Roxas

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Famitsu gave it a 37/40. I think that's even higher than the original. I think that's the highest the series got. The last remake (FR/LG) got a 31 or 33, but I can't remember.

I knew it was going to be an awesome game. ^^

As much as I'm excited for everything about this game since I'm a Johto whore, I am fairly excited for this. I say fairly...But then I saw this.

Some changes from the original Gold and Silver:

Updated mechanics

Updated graphics

The addition of Hoenn and Sinnoh pokemon.

The female character is NOT Crystal.

Remade (epic) music.

Wi-fi capability.

Apricons become pokeball material as well as the Johto equivalent of pokeblocks and poffin.

Minigames = Johto contests

Lots more events

Ability to get Johto, Kanto, and Hoenn starters. (only one of each though...)

8-bit original music function after complete all 16 gyms.

Ability to have your pokemon follow you (like pokemon yellow. Can interact with it)

Pokewalker (It's the Bandai Digivice with pokemon. Allows you to wirelessly transfer your pokemon and walk around with it in real life to gain exp)

Safari Zone

CUSTOMIZABLE Safari Zone (pokemon change depending on the terrain and you can edit the patches of grass, and the chance that you will have a wild encounter. Somwhere around 720 permutations)

Real-time clock events + Pokégear

Wifi events

Berry Planter = there is no loamy soil in Johto for you to plant berries in. So, you get these 4 pots for you to carry around and grow your own berries!

...i'll keep adding, but those are the only ones I know from Serebii.net and my experience playing (so far).

*Bison Yes*

Redundancy readings are off the scale.

<_<

Well, I want to have a little thread of my own to update. No offense to yours, but yours is just a general discussion thread. I want mine to be a source of information. :awesome:

And a lot of these threads seem to die out pretty quickly...

Meh, new pokemon game coming out.

It annoys me when I see someone get excited over the newest pokemon game, especially the remakes. All the pokemon games are the same! do you people enjoy playing the same game ad nauseum? It especially gets me when the new features in the next pokemon game are exactly that, frivolous features that add no depth or story to the already bland formula.

Meh, new pokemon game coming out.

It annoys me when I see someone get excited over the newest pokemon game, especially the remakes. All the pokemon games are the same! do you people enjoy playing the same game ad nauseum? It especially gets me when the new features in the next pokemon game are exactly that, frivolous features that add no depth or story to the already bland formula.

Experiment:

Meh, new Fire Emblem game coming out.

It annoys me when I see someone get excited over the newest Fire Emblem game, especially the remakes. All the Fire Emblem games are the same! do you people enjoy playing the same game ad nauseum? It especially gets me when the new features in the next Fire Emblem game are exactly that, frivolous features that add no depth or story to the already bland formula.

Welcome to Nintendo.

What's wrong with the English logos? They look alright to me. Better than the older English logos.

It looks like they took a font, then added borders and used the gradient tool. Looks somewhat generic.

seriously. Look at the japanese ones. Ours looks like fucking Wordart.

What's wrong with the English logos? They look alright to me. Better than the older English logos.

It looks like they took a font, then added borders and used the gradient tool. Looks somewhat generic.

seriously. Look at the japanese ones. Ours looks like fucking Wordart.

Ah, Wordart. That's the term.

Ah, Wordart. That's the term.

but actually, you were right. These are a HELL OF A LOT BETTER than the old english logos.

logo.png

lol :lol:

Edited by Roxas

That wasn't me that said they're better than the old logos. And I disagree, the simplicity of the older logos works for it much more than the amateur attempt at being fancy does for the new ones.

Oh, oops. Sorry Chainey.

...but I like these new logos. Especially the uniqueness, template, and format of the Japanese ones... but, to each his own, right? :P

I ordered Soul Silver a couple of weeks back from Japan, and it shipped yesterday. I'm now left to just anxiously wait... I did pretty much the same with Diamond before, so I don't mind that it's in Japanese...

I've been trying to avoid spoilers; I wonder how long that will last... Oh well. Knowing how well it did from Famitsu is enough to ensure that it should be awesome, anyway.

I ordered Soul Silver a couple of weeks back from Japan, and it shipped yesterday. I'm now left to just anxiously wait... I did pretty much the same with Diamond before, so I don't mind that it's in Japanese...

I've been trying to avoid spoilers; I wonder how long that will last... Oh well. Knowing how well it did from Famitsu is enough to ensure that it should be awesome, anyway.

avoiding spoilers? How so...? :huh:

avoiding spoilers? How so...? :huh:

I'm trying to avoiding reading anything further about it. I suppose that, since it's a remake, there shouldn't be many actual spoilers, but I still want to avoid seeing too much of what's new before I get it. ^^;

I'm trying to avoiding reading anything further about it. I suppose that, since it's a remake, there shouldn't be many actual spoilers, but I still want to avoid seeing too much of what's new before I get it. ^^;

Oh... well that's exactly what I'm trying to make in this topic. :/

Sorry, I thought it was for more...general comments about the game. I'll be happy to contribute further later in the week, though. >_>

(Actually, I was also going to ask if there were to be a new Pokemon Sunday tonight/today with anything more to be revealed, but since the game's already out, what more could be actually "revealed"? Not much beyond events, I suppose.)