fire emblem tv show

Oujay

12 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like them?

• yes
    • no
    • i have no clue what this is

If you're talking about the Fire Emblem Anime/OVA/OAV, then yes I've seen it. I assume it's still on Youtube if anyone else wants to watch it as well.

There were only two episodes of it made. I guess nobody was really interested in it :S

Yeah, the two episodes weren't bad though. Cord | Bord | Barst only made a slight appearance though...

I'm fairly certain that Barts at least was intended to have a semi-important role.

Anyway, it's kind of interesting to note that the English dub of the anime has many of the same voice actors as the Evangelion dub. Marth is voiced by the same guy as Shinji if I remember correctly.

I had heard that there was an anime, but I've never seen it. Besides, if they only made it to 2 episodes, it can't have been any good (even the so-bad-it's-awful Zelda cartoons made it to 13 episodes).

The anime was actually quite good.

I liked it. :mellow:

The Fire Emblem OVA is quite good, and amazingly enough, the English dub is actually tolerable. I ended up buying the dub VHS on Amazon a while back, because the subtitled version wasn't available. (It is now though, so someone may want to consider picking that up.) Made two huge MP4s out of the thing for future viewing, because watching a VHS repeatedly would obviously degrade the quality even further. They came out to like 400+ MB each though (whoops, overkill). :)

Anyway, I like how Garnef sounds like Arnold Schwarzenegger in the English dub. If only his army had been forced to retreat, we could have enjoyed hearing him say a certain line involving a helicopter. Garnef would be completely calm when he says it though, which kind of hurts the fun.

The best part about the OVA, to me at least, is probably how closely it stuck to the game. If you ask my sister though, she'd probably say it was the badly faked accents of those pirates at the start of the second OVA. "Give us your money, or we'll gladly take your life!" <-- Or something like that. The dubbing was completely absurd at that spot, so it was quite amusing.

[Edit]: Someone needs to place Gordon's "NUTS!" comment right after this screenshot: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/DarkKnightSparda/Temporary/killshot.jpg

Edited by YayMarsha