Official Rolf appreciation topic

Iced

27 members have voted

1. 1. Does Rolf really suck that much?

• Absolutly
    • no he's awesome

I was reading through that worst character topic recently and was trully amazed at the amount of people who think Rolf sucks. personly in my game he was one of my best and my other characters were not the worst (Jill Neph ect)

so this topic is here to prove tat Rolf is not the worst character in the game anybody who agrees with me should vote and post than maybe we can give Rolf the tier position he deserves.

Edited by I Like My Cake Iced

I think he means when Rolf was still considered the worst character EVER in PoR not even two months ago, and it was unthinkable to even suggest moving him up because the smackdown was so quick.

But he's cool. So is Bastian. Bastian is epic.

I was reading through that worst character topic recently and was trully amazed at the amount of people who think Rolf sucks. personly in my game he was one of my best and my other characters were not the worst (Jill Neph ect)

PEMN.

I've given many examples of PEMN on Youtube before (mainly while giving the finger to Lilina fanbois) so I'll post an example here. In 1337.

H4y g41z my 3w4n c4pp3d 3v3ry 5747 h3'5 50 k3wl r1gh7? H3 mu57 b3 70p 713r!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111!

Translated:

Hey guys my Ewan capped every stat he's so cool right? He must be top tier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111!

When you consider how Rofl comes so underleveled AND is an Archer, so he can never go 1-range, he royally sucks. And he's very, very young. Too young to be fighting, even.

One time I told myself I'd bring Rolf with me for the rest of the game.

Only to find myself benching him in the next chapter..

And Bastian.. I just take his Elwind and give it to Hungry Mage or Soren.

Hey guys my Ewan capped every stat he's so cool right? He must be top tier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111!

When you consider how Rofl comes so underleveled AND is an Archer, so he can never go 1-range, he royally sucks. And he's very, very young. Too young to be fighting, even.

im not saying Rolf (not rofl) is top tier it's just that he defiantly deserves to be higher than he is and there are plenty of people in fire emblem who are around the same age or even younger than rolf.

Also who are the 5-6 people who are considered worse than him last I checked he was pretty much bottom tier the only people I can think of are Lucia and Bastion even Sothe is considered better than him because he can find stuff in the desert chapter

Low

Janaff

Shinon

Elincia

Rolf

Ulki

Nasir

Ena

Lucia

Bottom

Bastian

I see more than just Lucia and Bastian below him.

If you think Rolf deserves higher, then you need to prove he's better than Elincia, Shinon, etc. And that should be done in the FE9 tier list thread.

PEMN.

I just noticed PEMN means Personal Experiance Means Nothing..

On a related note, when I get PoR back I'll consider using Rolf. Because I'm getting used to archer folks now.(thanks to Norne and Hunter Draug.)

Not counting ranks and all that tier hullabaloo, Rolf is a great character that I use every playthrough. He gains more exp that anyone else can soak up early on, fights against crows at a decent level, and is just great with Steel Bows after promotion. Dead-eye is pretty to watch.

Ah, drat, now you're talking about tiers...

Favoritism always works for Rolf. 'Tires' don't like him not one bit, though. Nu-uh, just no way.

Edit: Lets spice up this language shall we?

Edited by Chalis

Except Archers are basically useless in every FE game not named Shadow Dragon.
FE Gaiden Archers are ridiculous. Can counter, have 1-3 range by default, or can equip a weapon to increase their range to like 2-5 or something.

FE4 Bow Fighters will kill pretty much anything except maybe some bosses, but bosses are doomed by some other unit anyway.

FE5 Bow Fighters got nerfed, and Ronan has lol growths, but I found that they're useful regardless, much more so than FE3/DS Archers because the player phase is important in FE5 for capturing. Yes, even Ronan is useful for a time.

FEDS Archers all suck without growth rates to back them up. Archer carries over everything that was wrong with them in FE1/3. You're better off either using Hunters or promoting to Sniper as quickly as possible.

lolwhat

Have you seen Shinon in RD?

And this topic is getting very PE heavy. Remember that PEMN if you're trying to argue that he's better than whoever else!

(Honestly, I can't recall any other post defending Rolf until Vykan made one, because each one before that was mostly PEMN. I guess it really isn't surprising that no one wanted to deal with him moving up if those were the only posts.)

This topic is getting a bit out of hand i dident make it to argue about tiers and such (i dont know why i mentiond it in my opening post) it was simply here to show that there are people who actually like rolf other than me and now Chalis.

im contradicting myself here but rolf should be higher than shinon at least i mean the only reason the tiers dont like rolf is because he come early-mid game under levelled and his support element isnt that good (but that dosent usually make a huge diffence unless the elements are on ether end of the scale) but at least his grothes somewhat make up for it but shinon comes lategame underlevelled and dosent have the grothes to make up for that.

Edited by I Like My Cake Iced

But Shinon still has had earlygame utility. And unlike other archers *looks at everyone that isn't FE10 Shinon* he can actually tank well and isn't afraid of suddenly dying due to the RNG fucking him over. Shinon at least has solid bases, and he doesn't need to go through a period of suck, since we can just kill him/drop him after he's recruited. As for Rolf, however, he needs to go through quite a large period of suck just to get good, and even then he can't do any walling. It's the same reason why Marcus is top tier and the FE8 trainees/Est archetype characters are suck tier: Marcus has done a lot for the team by taking out a large goup of enemies/walling, while the trainees/Ests have had to suck when we could have brought someone better in their place.

Rofl fails. Hard. Proof? you yourself pointed it out, albeit with poor grammer:

he come early-mid game under levelled and his support element isnt that good
lolwhat

Have you seen Shinon in RD?

+1.

Shinon is one the the best (if not the best) endgame units in RD and is still pretty epic early part 3 and still good beyond with the second/third best player phase offence on the team.

grothes somewhat make up for it but shinon comes lategame underlevelled and dosent have the grothes to make up for that.

Having an awesome period without resources when people are performing badly in general >> having an awesome period with resources when people are performing awesome in general. Aka, Shinon > Rofl.

Oh, and LOL at Nasir being below Rolf on the Tier List.

Oh, and LOL at you thinking Nasir's two chapters of suckage > Rofl's ~9 chapter of pwnage + 12 chapters of just being average.

Edited by kirsche

Nasir is only in the last few chapters while rolf is in your army for more then half of the game.

Looking on from the bench, wishing he could counter attack like Astrid...

*yet more loling at Nasir's place on the tier list*