Two surprises.

Emeraldfox

I had no idea Falkonights were in SD until I bought some Elysian Whips. Now I'm torn between Falkonight or Drakonight for some of my fliers. :x

Also, Gharnef. I made Lena go attack him using Aura. I was shocked the she wouldn't do any damage to him, makes me think no one else will be able to harm him. Bad enough that he moves...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had no idea Falkonights were in SD until I bought some Elysian Whips. Now I'm torn between Falkonight or Drakonight for some of my fliers. :x

Draco Knights are better. Unless we're talking Wi-fi, in which case I'm not sure.

Also, Gharnef. I made Lena go attack him using Aura. I was shocked the she wouldn't do any damage to him, makes me think no one else will be able to harm him. Bad enough that he moves...

You need Starlight to kill him. He's an optional boss though so if you don't have it, just ignore him.

Dracoknights are superior on Wi-Fi as well.

OP, did you not read Imhullu's description?

I did actually.. But I was thinking of the magic triangle..

Dracoknights are superior on Wi-Fi as well.

OP, did you not read Imhullu's description?

I did actually.. But I was thinking of the magic triangle..

There isn't a Magic Triangle in this game. It's just tomes. I miss it though.

• 3 weeks later...

Falco Knights are the worst promoted class in the game. Yes, worse than Bishops and Warriors.

I'd say a Soldier could beat a base level Falco Knight. They just epic fail.

Falco Knights are the worst promoted class in the game. Yes, worse than Bishops and Warriors.

Bunch of exaggeration in this post.

Falcoknight isn't recommended because it's epic fail, it isn't recommended because it's obsoleted by Dracoknight and Paladin.

Warriors are good as well.

Dracoknights have better Strength and Defense bonuses. Axes are also generally considered better than Swords in FEDS, because the game is so Lance-heavy (most enemies are Paladins, Armors, or Dracoknights).

I could only see Falcoknights being viable in niche situations. As an example, if you decided to raise X character as a Myrmidon, then preferred to promote to a Flyer rather than Swordmaster (for the mobility, as an example). In this case, having existing sword ranks might make Falco better than Draco for that character.

The class would have been greatly improved if it had a meaningfully better speed cap than Dracoknight.

I really think Aura should have been able to damage Gharnef. It makes good sense from a storytelling standpoint that Linda should avenge her father's death with the weapon she inherited from him. She even says something to that effect when you recruit her. However, it's totally useless. It also forces that contrived situation where you have to give up the Orbs, which are highly useful items that help the whole party for the rest of the game, to get the Starlight tome, which is only useful for defeating Gharnef. I just want to punt the shriveled old frog for being so obnoxious. He's not even threatening as a boss, rather, he's just an annoying inconvenience.

Falcoknight isn't recommended because it's epic fail, it isn't recommended because it's obsoleted by Dracoknight and Paladin.

... Fine. Soldiers don't beat Falcoknights. But every promoted class and a handful of unpromoted classes do.

I can think of, like, two or three classes that can't beat a Falco Knight even IF they have Iote's Shield.

And here I thought it was going to be people recognizing that Speedwing + Roger = awesomeness.

Still, DracoKnights are far better than FalcoKnights. The former has better WTC and Def, which is nice for H5.

... Fine. Soldiers don't beat Falcoknights. But every promoted class and a handful of unpromoted classes do.

I can think of, like, two or three classes that can't beat a Falco Knight even IF they have Iote's Shield.

If you're speaking WiFi, Falcoknight is actually debatable in usefulness.

On single player, it is just obsoleted by better classes, but aren't fail since they're only right behind Paladins. They still get Lances, which are good weapons.

Wi Fi: debatable, but only because it shines or pales in comparison to other units. Except Chameleon, but fuck that argument.

Main Game: I don't see many people advocating for Falco Knights during H5. All I see are Jeigans, tanks, etc.

Falco Knight hate is blatant in this game. Not as blatant as in RD but yeah.

Falco Knight hate is blatant in this game.
No it's not.
Main Game: I don't see many people advocating for Falco Knights during H5. All I see are Jeigans, tanks, etc.
That's because it's nobody's best setup, which is what the tier list is setup on. This doesn't mean that it is "EPIC FAIL EST TIER GO GO GO".

Hate IS pretty blatant.

-------

"Hey, let's make Falco Knights into the game!"

"But we already have a promotion for Peg Knights into Wyverns! How the fuck will we do that?!?"

"Good point... hey! I got an idea! Let's make an exclusive promotion item that you can only get on Wi-Fi on certain days!"

"Umm, okay. I like it so far, but what about stat wise?"

"Well, Dracoknights should have higher caps in STR, SKL, and DEF. Then we'll give Falco Knights the higher caps in SPD and RES, even though very few people on Wi-Fi AND in the game will actually use Magic, and Draco Knights only have a lesser cap of -2.

"Well what about growths?"

"Hmm... let's make their growths accidental, but give Dracoknights a higher HP growth to make the whole process of getting a Falco Knight seem worth it!"

"Cool! Actually, while we're at it, let's give them Swords on promotion, even though this game is a lancefest!"

"So, what else do you want to do?"

"I dunno. Wanna go make Transformers 3 for Michael Bay?"

"Awesome! I just thought of an idea to completely neglect including those robots anyway! MORE MEGAN FOX!"

"FUCK YEEEEAAAAAH"

--------

In case you haven't noticed, I have a theory regarding the people balancing FE and the people who make Michael Bay movies are the same people.

Edited by OliverXRenning

Wi Fi: debatable, but only because it shines or pales in comparison to other units. Except Chameleon, but fuck that argument.

Falcoknights can be ORKO'd by three classes, yet fail to ORKO anything themselves, making them one of the worst classes possible. Dracoknights die to Berserkers, but are in every other way superior.

Lord and Warrior are the only classes I would rate lower.

Edited by Meteor

At least Warrior has the massive HP and access to bows and axes and Marth gets AVO.

Am I the only one who thinks Warriors somehow got fucked over for some unknown reason?

Massive HP stat + High STR stat + best weapon combo in the game = bad unit?

Braves help with doubling and their DEF cap is 28. That and they have an insane 30 STR cap. Equaled only by Berserkers...

though those guys are better. And Generals have a lower SPD cap, but Generals fail anyway on Wi-Fi.

Falcoknights get Lances.

Get it into your head.

They don't have to use Swords. They can just use Lances.

With that said, no duh Paladin and Dracoknight are better, but you're trying to make Falcoknight sound much worse than it actually is because of this fact.

Okay. They get to use Lances. Against Lances. And some Axes.

And, like, the seven or eight Sword enemies throughout the ENTIRE single-player.

Just saying, why use Lances/Swords when you can use Lances/Axes?

EDIT: Not to mention that some of the sword-users are in Ch. 24X

Edited by OliverXRenning

I'm not trying to debunk that Axes are better, I'm debunking the idea that Falcoknights are epic fail or useless, which I really doubt, it is just that Dragon Knights are superior. I argue that Horseman is a worse class in Single Player due to horrendous bases.

As for Lances, Lances are fine. Enemies with lances don't take away weapon level bonus, so you'll have +2 Attack on them, which is on par with Axe WTA. You will lose durability from not using Axes, but the damage output is the same.