Astra is sooo broken

Iced

Astra is the most broken thing in this game even more than Ike or Haar. has anyone here actually seen the full animation for astra (full five hits) the most I have got up to is 3 hits. this one skill makes trueblades one of the most overpowered classes they would actually be quite balanced (unlike other 3rd tiers) if the didn't have it.

Just expressing my opinion here.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes but who cares about weapon cost you have so much money in this game (I really want to play a FE where you have to manage your money properly instead of having heaps) and Astra kills ANY enemy without using its full strength.

and Astra kills ANY enemy without using its full strength.

Unless it's a tough general or a dragon, whereas most other mastery skills own those as well (unless they're named Flare or Corona). So in all actuality, Astra is actually pretty bad. It's just that mastery skills generally are incredibly broken in this game.

(I really want to play a FE where you have to manage your money properly instead of having heaps)

Play FE5

Edited by Raymond

Astra is the most broken thing in this game even more than Ike or Haar. has anyone here actually seen the full animation for astra (full five hits) the most I have got up to is 3 hits. this one skill makes trueblades one of the most overpowered classes they would actually be quite balanced (unlike other 3rd tiers) if the didn't have it.

Just expressing my opinion here.

I have actually, It made me so mad. I was on the one level where crimae and daien are in war and I sent Ike in to slaughter some people, then edward pops in, double attacks, and on the second attack he used astra and killed me, it was all five shots and it looks soooooooooo cool!

yes but who cares about weapon cost you have so much money in this game (I really want to play a FE where you have to manage your money properly instead of having heaps) and Astra kills ANY enemy without using its full strength.

Yes I know that you get lots of money but the point is that just about any decent fighter and their mastery skill activated can do the same that Astra does: Kill a stinking enemy and the cost of it is less.

If 2 things have equal output but one has less cost, the obvious winner is the one that has less cost. Also, take a look at Astra's activation %, it's one of the worst.

Though I find Astra to be underwhelming. Then again I can't decide which is worse: FE10 Astra or FE9 Astra...

FE9 Astra.

(I really want to play a FE where you have to manage your money properly instead of having heaps)

Play FE5

This. You start with 0 Gold and the only way to get any is by selling items (obtained by stealing or capturing enemies) or the Arena (which is quite a bitch if you don't use Save states)

Edited by ?!

Nvm.

Though I find Astra to be underwhelming. Then again I can't decide which is worse: FE10 Astra or FE9 Astra...

FE9 by far, it basically uses more weapon uses to do similar damage to a single strike. FE9 Astra is so bad, having it is a negative.

Besides, you get 10 Astra automatically and it does have a reasonable activation rate. Yes it's overkill but the weapon cost is a minor issue at best since by the time you actually get it...

And hey, at least it helps against the dragons and shit like that.

edt: Oh. Only skill/2. Yeah, Astra is pretty bad in this game. Sol>>>It

Edited by Joker

Nvm.

FE9 by far, it basically uses more weapon uses to do similar damage to a single strike. FE9 Astra is so bad, having it is a negative.

Didn't fe9 Astra allow crits? With the SM crit rate, it could reach 4.5x damage with just 2 crits rather easily, and 5.5x damage with 3 crits.

Now, a broken "Astra" would be shooting star sword. skill%, 5 hits, and if you can critical on a normal attack you can crit just as easily on any of the attacks from astra. And in that game crits doubled mt, not triple damage, so with 30 mt on a 20 def enemy, for example, 40 damage instead of 30.

Basically, Lakche activates shooting star sword, enemy dies.

It's even more powerful in FE5 thanks to the way Pursuit Critical works. Mareeta with 20 SKL and a 0 Crit Sword vs an enemy of 0-1 LCK. When Astra activates on Pursuit, all 5 attacks will critical at a 100% rate. If the enemy's LCK's an issue, a 10 Crit Sword such as Master should solve that.

It's even more powerful in FE5 thanks to the way Pursuit Critical works. Mareeta with 20 SKL and a 0 Crit Sword vs an enemy of 0-1 LCK. When Astra activates on Pursuit, all 5 attacks will critical at a 100% rate. If the enemy's LCK's an issue, a 10 Crit Sword such as Master should solve that.

Right, I keep forgetting about the boosted critical thing since I never played past the chapter in which you lose some character. Translation sucked, but it was years ago.

Anyway, if the enemy dies either way, Lakche has 30 skill and the cap in fe5 is 20. But I suppose knowing the enemy will die is better than the enemy will probably die.

Astra would be a lot better if skills could actually activate on each of the hits, and if the activation was Skill%.

Stun, Deadeye and Colossus >>> Astra.

I think Astra's better than Deadeye; same activation rate and Astra will do more damage. The only thing Deadeye has on Astra is the sleep effect, which isn't very useful. Of course if we were to take into account the characters these mastery skills apply to then Deadeye would be better; but I think we're purely comparing mastery skills.

IMO Colossus and Impale are the best mastery skills. But what exactly is colossus' damage formula? I can't figure it out from the skill description...

I think Astra's better than Deadeye; same activation rate and Astra will do more damage. The only thing Deadeye has on Astra is the sleep effect, which isn't very useful. Of course if we were to take into account the characters these mastery skills apply to then Deadeye would be better; but I think we're purely comparing mastery skills.

Aah, but Deadyeye is likely a OHKO anyway, but it also takes 5 less capacity, which doesn't sound like much until you remember that it allows two 15 capacity skills, such as Wrath + Adept (which is what I give Shinon) or even Resolve + Wrath (Shinon + that combo = omg I can solo the map even with just the Aqqar!).

IMO Colossus and Impale are the best mastery skills.

Stun >> Impale for similar reasons as to why Deadeye > Astra.

But what exactly is colossus' damage formula? I can't figure it out from the skill description...
Triples Strength

What's not to get? If Boyd had 40 Strength, when colossus activates, the game would treat it as if he had 120 strength instead.

I hate Astrum (as it it is called in the PAL version), due to its weapon durability cost (it nearly broke my Edward's Tempest Blade, which you can't buy in shops unfortunately).

But, I guess it's better than Bane and Aether....

Stun >> Impale for similar reasons as to why Deadeye > Astra.

If you're talking capacity, not really, because all Stun users also have Canto, so they still have only 25 capacity remaining. In terms of the skill itself it would technically be better, but not with who it's on.

whut

You do know that unlike FE9 (where Aether activates pretty much all the time), Aether in this game rarely activates. Even if Ike maxes his skill out, Aether will only have around a 17% chance of activating.

Also, it is useless in the fight against the Black Knight, due to him having Nihil.

So yeah, Aether in this game is pretty crappy. :sob:

Edited by NinjaMonkey

whut

You do know that unlike FE9 (where Aether activates pretty much all the time), Aether in this game rarely activates. Even if Ike maxes his skill out, Aether will only have around a 17% chance of activating.

Also, it is useless in the fight against the Black Knight, due to him having Nihil.

So yeah, Aether in this game is pretty crappy. :sob:

It's max activation rate is the same (20%), it kills anyway, it heals, it doesn't take up to 5 uses. Where is Astra better? How things were in FE9 has nothing to do with it.