Who would be interested in playing Dimplomacy?

General Spoon

Sadly, I guess you'll wait until I get my college application essay written. I don't want it pushed off any longer. And to make sure I get it done, this game is starting, at the latest, after school next Friday, unless someone is hogging the computer at my house.

There any more room for this? I'm an old hand at Diplomacy, and wouldn't terribly mind some old-fashioned Axis and Allies either.

Though, I agree with the Commissar here, Hearts of Iron would be best if anyone's hardcore enough.

Austria-Hungary + Turkey is a top tier combo for this game. It sucks that Italy is in the worst spot on the board IMO. Usually in the games I played with my friends, usually the winners are Britain, France, Austria-Hungary, or Turkey... Though only once has russia won :/.

This game is a LOT of fun. But it is VERY time consuming. Especially with all of the negotiations and/or backstabbing.

Austria-Hungary + Turkey is a top tier combo for this game. It sucks that Italy is in the worst spot on the board IMO. Usually in the games I played with my friends, usually the winners are Britain, France, Austria-Hungary, or Turkey... Though only once has russia won :/.

This game is a LOT of fun. But it is VERY time consuming. Especially with all of the negotiations and/or backstabbing.

Whaaaaaat?

IMO, doing a Germany-Austria "Anschluss" alliance is far more potent than Austria-Turkey. Also, in my experience, Russia wins a lot, as does Germany. It is hard to win as Turkey, although by the same token, it is very hard to be defeated, considering the very few avenues of entering/exiting it.

Anyway, I'd be totally willing to play still.

Whaaaaaat?

IMO, doing a Germany-Austria "Anschluss" alliance is far more potent than Austria-Turkey. Also, in my experience, Russia wins a lot, as does Germany. It is hard to win as Turkey, although by the same token, it is very hard to be defeated, considering the very few avenues of entering/exiting it.

The reason why my combos were good was because they were hard to take out. Germany starts with a lot of neutrals around it though, but it can be hit by so many sides. If it gets an alliance with Austria-Hungary, then it definitely stack it for Germany's favor.

But the backstabbing is part of the negotiations :)

Whaaaaaat?

The reason why my combos were good was because they were hard to take out. Germany starts with a lot of neutrals around it though, but it can be hit by so many sides. If it gets an alliance with Austria-Hungary, then it definitely stack it for Germany's favor.

I'd consider them somewhat even actually. This is to the point where if I play Austria or Germany I would consider it suicide to NOT attempt an alliance with the other. It protects both of them from the multi sided attacks they can so easily fall prey to.

I would go on, but I really don't want to share my Diplomacy Strategy somewhere where my opponents might read it. :P

PS. THIS GAME IS FUCKING SERIOUS BUSINESS BITCH!

Edited by Fia