So yeah, first time playing FE5 and all.

Emeraldfox

Tanya <3

I have a few questions..

-When you capture an enemy unit, how do you take the items they're holding?

-Could someone tell me what the options say? it's all gibberish and I want to enable auto end turn, and faster map movement.

-Will Tanya need babying? And what about Leaf?

-Will the Hammerne staff be present in this game? 60 uses is awesome and all, but since it's soo much I'll use it a lot..

Tanya <3

I have a few questions..

-When you capture an enemy unit, how do you take the items they're holding?

-Could someone tell me what the options say? it's all gibberish and I want to enable auto end turn, and faster map movement.

-Will Tanya need babying? And what about Leaf?

-Will the Hammerne staff be present in this game? 60 uses is awesome and all, but since it's soo much I'll use it a lot..

Configuration menu

For the Config options.

1st option (Sword Icon) Turn on animation Turn off animation Solo (Manually set individual units to have their animation on or off)

2nd option (Graphs) Terrain data on or off

3rd option (Unit Bubble) Turns info about a unit when you scroll at them on or off

4th option (Cursor) Turns off or on auto cursor on your lord at beginning of your turn.

5th option (dots) How fast dialogue is shown and goes

6th option (Arrows <---) How fast map units move when issued an order

--->

7th option (single note) Sound Effects on or off

8th option (Double note) Turns off or on background music

9th option (Checker board) Changes your screen to premade colors

10th option (Sliders) Changes how your screen looks when looking at unit or issue orders first three sliders change the top part colors bottom three sliders change the bottom colors.

Notes

Tanya will need some scrolls that give strength to make her usable and Leaf can handle himself depending on the level ups he gets.

Hammerine is in this game (Saphy has it if you went and finished 2x)

Have multiple staff users with at least a C rank in them

Gaidens that you should go: 4x(All civilians must escape) 12X(finish it withing 15 turns) and 21X(have at least one character captured by an enemy before completing 21)

In chapter 16 the left route or fort option if you visit the village with Leaf is considered easier by many

Recruiting Xavier in 18 is up to you if you want to put the effort into getting him (an 18 build? thief will make things easier, yes they can steal weapons in this game if their build>weapon weight)

Prepromotes are good in this game because some give leadership stars (+3hit/avoid per star) and the enemies have horrid stats

Mounted units are capable of capturing anyone will less than 20 build.

Ballistas depending on the RNG will cause you some restarts

At 12X it's recommended to have Lara talk to Pahn

Edited by Generic Officer

Important: Try to conserve funds because the stuff in armories and shops are freakishly expensive. This also means you should try to capture frequently since it will most likely be your main source for weapons.

Once you reach Ch 8, you'll have the Preparation Screen before each battle. Be warned that this game lacks a Formation option option and that can be extremely frustrating in certain chapters.

Also from Ch 8 onwards, you'll have to be aware of the Fatigue System. Basically, every time someone goes into battle, their Fatigue meter increases. If it exceeds the HP value, then that character will be unable to participate in the next battle. However, benched characters will have their fatigue down to 0 in the next chapter. Stamina Drinks also bring it down to zero but they're rare.

Scrolls not only increase growth rates but they also negate enemy criticals (yes, all of them do). This makes them extremely valuable in certain situations because with this twisted RNG, criticals can cause a LOT of problems.

Speaking of scrolls, don't just randomly give scrolls to random people without thinking first. This is because some scrolls actually decrease some growth rates (though thankfully, not more than 10%). However, every single scroll provides a total of +30% overally to growth rate.

Neir Scroll should be given to a thief that's not named Lara. It increases Build growth by 10%. Not much but it's still something. I would advise you to give it to Lifis and then switch it to Pahn once you get him. Or, if you're not playing Elite, it shouldn't be difficult to switch between them when one of them is near levelling up.

Dain scroll increase movement growth by 5% so you could give it to someone like Leaf who's extra movement will definitely come in handy. However, 5% is pretty low so don't put too much hope in it. My Leaf had 9 Movement (helped in recruiting Xavier) but I was just lucky.

Also, when you see some red-haired dude named Cyas try to avoid interacting with a single enemy of that squad as much as possible no matter what. Even if they're just a bunch of weak armors.

I believe scrolls also seem to negate status effects. I've never seen Leaf get poisoned when holding one, despite being hit with Venin weapons. Probably me mis-remembering something.

Which makes Dark Mages a really annoying class, almost as annoying as Tina.

If you got Saphy to A staves, Tina becomes far less irritating. Just Warp Lara into Pahn's throneroom, recruit him with her, then get Pahn to steal the Thief Staff off her. Can be done on the first turn and makes the level ludicrously easy as well, as most of the enemies retreat instantly. Free treasure, yay!

Or do you just mean her character is annoying? I find her recruit conversation with Saphy to be hilarious, personally.

Edited by eharper256

I believe scrolls also seem to negate status effects. I've never seen Leaf get poisoned when holding one, despite being hit with Venin weapons.

No and no. Scrolls only negate non-Wrath critical hits, and Leaf has no built-in immunity to status effects either.

image103-1.pngimage104-1.png

I believe scrolls also seem to negate status effects. I've never seen Leaf get poisoned when holding one, despite being hit with Venin weapons.

You mean he got hit by Jormung but he didn't get poisoned? I'm pretty sure that's not the case. I'm pretty sure my Leaf got poisoned by Jormung while equipped with a scroll. If you're talking about staves like Sleep or Berserk, then I don't know for sure. I highly doubt it does though, because people usually stuff all their characters with scrolls and they still find the staff users of 24x very annoying.

Which makes Dark Mages a really annoying class, almost as annoying as Tina.

If you got Saphy to A staves, Tina becomes far less irritating. Just Warp Lara into Pahn's throneroom, recruit him with her, then get Pahn to steal the Thief Staff off her. Can be done on the first turn and makes the level ludicrously easy as well, as most of the enemies retreat instantly. Free treasure, yay!

Yeah, that's what I did. Except I also needed to waste two more Warp staves to block of the two exits that Trewd was trying to escape through (that was before I knew capturing him would make him join later). I'm not complaining but some people might not think it's worth wasting so much Warp. Alternatively, they could just warp Lifis and steal the Thief Staff but then there's a huge possibility of some thieves escaping with the treasure.

Or do you just mean her character is annoying?

No, I think they WERE talking about Tina as an enemy. If you don't Warp skip it, then she takes away your items while breaking the awesome Thief Staff. Annoying enough?

I find her recruit conversation with Saphy to be hilarious, personally.

ThisThisThisThisThisThisThisThisThisThis

Trewd wasn't a problem for me, actually. He does run like the clappers, but there are limited routes and easily blockable passages. Just use a fast unit (Ronan might actually be useful for once because of his movement stars!) to block stuff off and round that bugger up. I don't think he attacks. Of course he's not vastly important anyway, just obtained for perfectionism reasons.

ThisThisThisThisThisThisThisThisThisThis

Yep, a funny recruitment indeed. Probably because they spend so long building it up. I can imagine Saphy having an anime facevault moment. LOL.

No and no. Scrolls only negate non-Wrath critical hits, and Leaf has no built-in immunity to status effects either.

Oh. Okay. Thats odd. I could've sworn that... Nevermind. I'm sure your right. Ignore my previous babbling. Its been awhile since I played.

Try and recruit Galzus the first time you see him. Best Merc ever.

This kind of post should be against the rules.

Galzus isn't recruitable before chapter 24. The first time you see him, you should either flee for your life or savestate abuse to capture him and get a Master Sword.

Edited by TheEnd

I don't know if you didn't know if it was a joke or not.

You are an idiot.

It is thoroughly inappropriate to post misleading information in the actual game boards, especially in a "first time playing" thread. I can tell it is a joke (although I cannot talk about the intention behind it), but the thread starter could be driven into a hard spot over nothing if he followed your "advice" without doing the proper double-checking in the site.

If you're not going to use Trewd then don't bother wasting anything to recruit him.

I have a tendency to try and recruit every single character and visit every single village

I don't know if it's already being mentioned before or not, but make sure that everyone else escapes before Leaf.

And you can learn Shooting Star/Meteor Sword/Astra in CH15 by talking to Shanam with Mareeta.

Speaking of skills, can anyone learn all of the skills? Or are they character/class specific?

Anyone can use the manuals and learn the respective skill there. So yes, mages can learn Luna, etc.

However, beware: Ambush/Vantage pretty much cancels Wrath, so don't teach those two to one character.

Okay. From now on, in every post with false information, I'll put jklol under it.

:I

How about you just not post false information at all, because it's not appreciated, not to mention that it's spam.

Speaking of skills, can anyone learn all of the skills? Or are they character/class specific?

I recommend...

Sol: On a Wrath user such as Othin and Brighton.

Ambush: Olwen, Asvel.

Elite: Whoever you wish to level up fast. For me this is usually Karin

Wrath: Core unit that struggles to 1 round and has good durability. For me this is usually Marty.

Charge: Eyrios or anyone with high HP and decent durability.

Continue: Someone with Ambush. Machua or Halvan for example.

Edited by ?!