So yeah, first time playing FE5 and all.

Emeraldfox

Charge: Eyrios or anyone with high HP and decent durability.

I see I converted you.

This said, if you're not recruting Eyrios, Ralph makes a good choice for Duel due to offense issues but ok durability.

He missed Awareness. If you get it, give it to your boss killer (usually that should be Asvel).

Don't forget enemies can BUY weapons in this game if you steal them and don't kill them. And despite their high defense, armors are pretty poor in this game thanks to hammers and rapiers being everywhere. Your Warriors are likely your best bets as tanks, really, on top of units with Sun Sword like Shiva and Eyrios.

Edited by Dr. Rockso

I still hate it in C8x.

Speaking of which, you should give Dagda an Iron Axe before finishing chapter 3.

An Iron Bow and a few vulneraries as well. Lots of Mountain Thieves in the upper room have hand axes, which is perfect to build up Dagda's Bow rank if you want him to use the Brave Bow.

I still hate it in C8x.

Speaking of which, you should give Dagda an Iron Axe before finishing chapter 3.

An Iron Bow and a few vulneraries as well. Lots of Mountain Thieves in the upper room have hand axes, which is perfect to build up Dagda's Bow rank if you want him to use the Brave Bow.

Which takes a long time to pull off >_>.

Also, Awareness on Asvel? Why? He's already nuking bosses with ease.

I know, though he's using 2-3 arrows per enemy. Then after that you have several dragon knights, a few chapters with a lot of choke points where he can spam arrows... I dunno it was easy for me to build his bow rank.

Big Shield can fucking die.

I still hate it in C8x.

Awareness is best spent on those who are going to deal with Reinhardt (Big Shield) and Elf (Prayer). Perhaps Zwei.

Otherwise, it doesn't matter.

I still hate it in C8x.

Awareness is best spent on those who are going to deal with Reinhardt (Big Shield) and Elf (Prayer). Perhaps Zwei.

That's what I thought. Elf and Zwei, I usually put them to sleep on the first turn but Reindhardt... damn him.

I still hate it in C8x.

This said though, if you're using Mareeta, that's already one competant boss killer with Awareness. She's not perfect defensively, though.

Alright.

Oh, and I looked to see when you can get them.

So much for Tanya having Aether

And that's cool that the enemies can buy weapons. Annoying sounding, but cool.

Thanks.

However, beware: Ambush/Vantage pretty much cancels Wrath, so don't teach those two to one character.

I'm sure Ambush doesn't completely cancel out Wrath. If that were the case, then it doesn't make sense why Beo Sword would give both Ambush AND Wrath.

I still hate it in C8x.

This said though, if you're using Mareeta, that's already one competant boss killer with Awareness. She's not perfect defensively, though.

But neither is Asvel. So I don't see what's wrong with just sending Mareeta to kill the Big Shield guy instead.

However, beware: Ambush/Vantage pretty much cancels Wrath, so don't teach those two to one character.

I'm sure Ambush doesn't completely cancel out Wrath. If that were the case, then it doesn't make sense why Beo Sword would give both Ambush AND Wrath.

Who said anything about "completely cancelling"?

I said it pretty much cancels Wrath. And it does. You'll only give a Wrath manual to a character with Ambush if you don't know what you're doing.

But neither is Asvel. So I don't see what's wrong with just sending Mareeta to kill the Big Shield guy instead.

Magic doubles as magic defense.

Edited by TheEnd