How would the game change if items gave exp?

Vykan12

For example, let's say vulneraries gave 15 exp, elixirs gave 50 exp, antioxidants gave 20, etc. How drastically would it affect the game? Would it be to your liking?

Leveling will be slightly faster, especially for healers, depending on the price of vulneraries, a lot of people could just vulnerary spam so the est type characters and healers could easily level.

Edited by Generic Officer

I don't think this would fix much. Raddy/Est units need much more EXP than 15 from a Vulnerary, and Elixers tend to be rare and nobody would give them to an Est unit. It would make overleveling a problem, as now chugging a vulnerary will give good EXP regardless of level, so high level units benefit the most.

Healers would become significantly worse, as I can just use vulneraries to heal my fighters, who would now grow even faster. Anyone who just leveled up hp or has some other minor wound can just use a vulnerary on a turn they have nothing else to do.

For example, let's say vulneraries gave 15 exp, elixirs gave 50 exp, antioxidants gave 20, etc. How drastically would it affect the game? Would it be to your liking?

Since I rarely use items (even vulneraries), it wouldn't change the game that much for me...

I think you probably used the wrong analogy. Rather than using Vulnaries as comparison point, I think if this was the actual gametype, there would be actual XP items. Kind of like...scrolls or something that simply level up a character on their usage.

Personally, I think the XP system should be:

YOU HIT WITH WEAPON: Gain XP = (Damage dealt) + or - (difference in level)

OR

YOU MISS WITH A WEAPON: Gain XP = (Foe's Evade) / 10

OR

YOU KILL SOMETHING: Above calculation, but with +10 bonus

OR

YOU USE A STAFF: Gain XP = (Damage healed) + (Staff bonus)*

OR

YOU DODGE A FOE: Gain XP = (Damage you would have taken) / 10

OR

YOU ARE HIT BY FOE: Gain XP = (Damage you took) / 5 **

* Like, 5 for a Heal staff, 30 for a Torch staff (since it doesn't actually heal), -25 for a Reserve staff (since its likely to heal alot)

** Painful learning, eh?

Examples

• You are Level 3 Promoted (23) and Hit a Generic Lvl 15 soldier with a Silver Sword for 24 damage. Thats (24 - 8) = 16 XP.
  • If you were instead a Lvl 10 going up against the same (now superior) foe and hitting for 20 damage, it would be (20 + 5) = 25 XP.
  • Soldier then strikes back and deals 16 damage = Gain an additional 3 XP. (or if you dodge it, 1 XP)

Imagine an FE7/FE8 seize chapter. You just fill up your convoy with elixirs, and now you've got 15,000 experience to spread around your team. And that's ignoring any items you might have with your units in-chapter. 150 levels... You could have all three trainees at base level and pump them all up to 10/20/20, and then you've still got 900 EXP to use on someone else. Yeah, this would break the game.

Imagine an FE7/FE8 seize chapter. You just fill up your convoy with elixirs, and now you've got 15,000 experience to spread around your team. And that's ignoring any items you might have with your units in-chapter. 150 levels... You could have all three trainees at base level and pump them all up to 10/20/20, and then you've still got 900 EXP to use on someone else. Yeah, this would break the game.

I have to agree, this would just be a ridiculous Game Breaker.

Now, maybe it was something something likie 1~5 EXP, then it MIGHT be oky, but I still have my doubts......