Infinity Ward and CoD MW 2

Esau of Isaac

Apparently the gaming world's been set afire in the PC world with statements that Modern Warfare 2 will not be supporting dedicated servers. Of course there was a gigantic backlash, one which Game Informer provides a clearer look into. However, this talk of Infinity Ward not supporting both of them at the same time as a means to avoid "bifurcating the community" sounds pretty bullshit to me. It looks rather like a transparent ploy to force the community to support the company's own DLC, rather than being capable of using their own tools to put together independent additions. The response that those who complained were trying to make a buck off the servers also seemed pretty aggressive.

Thoughts on this?

Edited by Esau of Isaac

CoD2 is going to be flamed by annoying fanboys anyway because their precious Martyrdom/Juggernaut combo will not be as useful.

That and CoD series started sucking after CoD2.

Well I don't even have a computer that'll run MW2. I'm getting it on the 360 like every other statistically impoverished joe is.

Maybe Infinity Ward is trying to have their way with the gaming community. Every other company does that. That's part of the reason why some/most electronics come with distinctive input, output, and power cords that only work with their products. It sounds pretty normal. I don't see the point in trying to cover up their financial decision with a selfless sounding excuse, but hey, everybody does that too. If we want their business, then we have to put up with their sh*t.

Well I don't even have a computer that'll run MW2. I'm getting it on the 360 like every other statistically impoverished joe is.

Maybe Infinity Ward is trying to have their way with the gaming community. Every other company does that. That's part of the reason why some/most electronics come with distinctive input, output, and power cords that only work with their products. It sounds pretty normal. I don't see the point in trying to cover up their financial decision with a selfless sounding excuse, but hey, everybody does that too. If we want their business, then we have to put up with their sh*t.

If everyone shit in their mouth, that wouldn't make it sanitary; removing support of dedicated servers is a pretty plain slap to the community's balls.

If everyone shit in their mouth, that wouldn't make it sanitary; removing support of dedicated servers is a pretty plain slap to the community's balls.

Well here's an idea. Let's get up our own multimillion dollar corporation and save the gaming community from these assholes.

Problem is, we'll probably end up sh*ting in the community's mouth too... eventually.

Did you know that I'm on my seventh Xbox 360? I'm about ready to kill someone :D