That One Thread

Florete

Yuck!!!

You have my sympathies. I have an English paper due next Thursday, but it's only 5-7 pages. Plus, I'm writing it over The Hobbit which is not a hard book to talk about.

It's my big econometrics paper (now done, like I said earlier) that was weighing on my mind.

Yeah...that's why I need a quack...

• Replies 84.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AstraLunaSol

• Amelia

• Junkhead

• Thor Odinson

Well, Dr. Fayt Zelpher, Ph.Quack is open for business.

Okay...well,to start out,I've been under a lot of stress lately. I lost my employment a little while back due to an injury,and I am low on funds necessary for my graduation.At the same time as I need to try to get everything settled to graduate,I need to spend obscene chunks of my already dwindling time looking for work. Because of this,my friends have begun to think I am giving them the cold shoulder,and aren't speaking to me. Of course,then there is the school work,which only compounds the problem further...

Okay...well,to start out,I've been under a lot of stress lately. I lost my employment a little while back due to an injury,and I am low on funds necessary for my graduation.At the same time as I need to try to get everything settled to graduate,I need to spend obscene chunks of my already dwindling time looking for work. Because of this,my friends have begun to think I am giving them the cold shoulder,and aren't speaking to me. Of course,then there is the school work,which only compounds the problem further...

Well, Dr. Zelpher, Quack believes that you should explain the situation to your friends. If they understand and try to help you out, then all is solved. If they continue to give you the cold shoulder, you need to realize something. You will be graduating in a month or so and will probably never see them again. Enjoy the rest of your time in high school,, but don't jeopardize your future for the sake of people that you may never see or hear from once you head off to college.

That's pretty much :awesome: incarnate. Good job to you and your team.

The Finals was epic. 6 questions left (60 points) and we were down 40 after a biased category round where they got to go first because they were visiting and it was Greek Gods. Which they somehow failed and got 9/10 missing Hermes(lol). At that point we were actually worried we might lose, but then we got all 6 question, propelling ourselves to victory.

The Finals was epic. 6 questions left (60 points) and we were down 40 after a biased category round where they got to go first because they were visiting and it was Greek Gods. Which they somehow failed and got 9/10 missing Hermes(lol). At that point we were actually worried we might lose, but then we got all 6 question, propelling ourselves to victory.

Well, it beats the blowout victories that I'm used to. Last year, I think I (meaning we, I suppose) won the final round by 70.

We won the first round by 200 points (20 questions) though...

Well, it beats the blowout victories that I'm used to. Last year, I think I (meaning we, I suppose) won the final round by 70.

We won the first round by 200 points (20 questions) though...

We had less points available this time.

1st Round -Warm Up

12 questions x 10 points = 120 points

2nd Round -Category

30 questions x 5 points = 150 points

3rd Round- Lightning

15 questions x 10 points = 150 points

420 Total

So yeah... Last time we beat every match by a margin of 150+ and in practice I snagged 225 points alone before, with two people distracting me by not answering and banging tables.

Edited by BK-201

High school tournaments go like this in Oklahoma:

Round 1 - 20 tossups.

Round 2 - Lightning Round (10 related questions, 60 seconds).

Round 3 - 20 more tossups.

Round 4 - Another Lightning Round.

All questions are worth 10 points.

High school tournaments go like this in Oklahoma:

Round 1 - 20 tossups.

Round 2 - Lightning Round (10 related questions, 60 seconds).

Round 3 - 20 more tossups.

Round 4 - Another Lightning Round.

All questions are worth 10 points.

Our previous set up, Academic Challenge:

-Round 1, 10 Toss ups, 100 points

-Category, 30 Questions available, 10 for losing, 10 for winning after. 10 discarded. 200 points

-Alphabet, 10 Question written both teams can get the same question, 100 Points.

-Stump the Expert/Lightning, 10 Questions, 20 points each, 200 Points.

600 points. I think it was a bit different as we had multiple set ups, but here were the previous rounds I remember.

I...

...I have no ... no idea what the hell you guys are talking about. Apart from, like, the vaguest terms.

Did the Civil War questions I threw at you prove relevant at all?

Unfortunately no. A lot more basic. I was awesome at the tournament. I think between 2nd and 3rd best of all school participating, about 90 people also. The only people possibly better is the only 9th grader and an asian 8th grader.

I really missed a lot here, haven't I?

Sorry everyone, our keyboard stopped working for some reason and all of our accounts are password-protected so we couldn't do anything. We bought two new keyboards and none of those worked either so there must be something wrong with the computer. So I came to this cyber cafe, hoping to find Rhythm!, only to find out that she's not online yet. I'll be here for like, the next 1.5 hours and after that, I'll be gone.

Also, I might go to my dad's office tomorrow or the day after that, just to see Rhythm! if she's online. After that, you guys probably won't be able to see me for a long time. Even if our computer gets fixed, it might be several weeks later and by then, I'll have to prepare for my A2 exams on May/June. After that, I should be free.

I'm sorry, Rhythm!, this time I have truly failed you...

I really missed a lot here, haven't I?

Sorry everyone, our keyboard stopped working for some reason and all of our accounts are password-protected so we couldn't do anything. We bought two new keyboards and none of those worked either so there must be something wrong with the computer. So I came to this cyber cafe, hoping to find Rhythm!, only to find out that she's not online yet. I'll be here for like, the next 1.5 hours and after that, I'll be gone.

Also, I might go to my dad's office tomorrow or the day after that, just to see Rhythm! if she's online. After that, you guys probably won't be able to see me for a long time. Even if our computer gets fixed, it might be several weeks later and by then, I'll have to prepare for my A2 exams on May/June. After that, I should be free.

I'm sorry, Rhythm!, this time I have truly failed you...

Not that much, also I'll be vanishing for a whole week after next.

That sucks. Technology problems can be really bothersome.

Eh, we all disappear ocasionally, just be sure to come back.

Lol, OTP.

Hey Proto.

Haven't heard from you in a good while. I wish that you could stay and chat, but it doesn't look like that'll be the case.

(Of course, I'm going to bed rather soon as well...)

It's like what? 11:47 considering daylight savings isn't applied? 4:00 AM is where it's at!

These guys charge me 45 bucks to use it for two hours and now I see that Rhythm! isn't even on yet. And tomorrow, she'll have school.

So, anything big that I missed in the last few days? Other than VincentinaMSA returning, which I already noticed.

These guys charge me 45 bucks to use it for two hours and now I see that Rhythm! isn't even on yet. And tomorrow, she'll have school.

So, anything big that I missed in the last few days? Other than VincentinaMSA returning, which I already noticed.

Is this in terms of US Dollar or some other currency? Because.... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK..... that's expensive. And I thought 60 Yuan per hour was expensive.

IDK.

Is this in terms of US Dollar or some other currency? Because.... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK..... that's expensive. And I thought 60 Yuan per hour was expensive.

IDK.

No, it's equivalent to about 64 cents, which isn't really expensive.