That One Thread

Florete

I think I once saw a review of Magmortar that said he was a solid pokemon, with good strengths and overall a good choice...but weak to Stealth Rock and planted in NU.

• Replies 84.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AstraLunaSol

• Amelia

• Junkhead

• Thor Odinson

There's like a tier list somewhere, yeah? I should probably, uh, probably figure out a UU team. 'Cause, like...yeah.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/tiers/

Yes, I would recommend starting with UU because NU (Rhythm~) and Uber (Kyogre) are too unbalanced. OU is too hardcore imo but I play it anyway so that I can use Latias.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/tiers/

Yes, I would recommend starting with UU because NU (Rhythm~) and Uber (Kyogre) are too unbalanced. OU is too hardcore imo but I play it anyway so that I can use Latias.

There are...

there are only fifty pokemon in underused.

That's not many.

Ooooh....*glances in NU and sees Typhlosion, Zangoose, Furret, Linoone, Floatzel*

FERRET TEAM TIME

And there are another two ferrets, or at least mustelids, or at least whatever mongeese and meerkats are.

Weavile is one.

But not NU.

Edited by Trompe le Monde

I did. You pwned me once, and then you pwned me again.

Second time was closer.

You want another match? loltropius hates Ice attacks, Magmortar has bad defense, and my Hitmontop lacks non-Fighting type attacks (other than Rapid Spin). As for Tangrowth... I have no idea how my opponents are expected to counter it

I think I once saw a review of Magmortar that said he was a solid pokemon, with good strengths and overall a good choice...but weak to Stealth Rock and planted in NU.

Yes, Magmortar is awesome, with a SpA stat equaling that of Moltres's. ****** Rock was a big reason why it went down but it still has a lot of potential in UU, especially when Registeel and Chansey are pissing everyone off.

There are...

there are only fifty pokemon in underused.

That's not many.

Pokemons from lower tiers (NU and NFE) are allowed in UU. They aren't in UU solely because they aren't used enough, which means some of them (like Charizard and Magmortar) are actually pretty good.

I haven't created an Uber team because I don't care about being sweeped by uber legendaries.

I haven't created a Uber team either but only because I'm too lazy and can't decide between Latios and Latias

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/typhlosion

NEVERUSED WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS

AND IT WOULD PROBABLY MAKE IT TO AT LEAST BL FOR STEALTH ROCK

THAT BLOODY MOVE IS LIKE HALF IT'S CONS

I honestly don't know why it's NU. Full health Eruption hurts A LOT. Blaze Overheat hurts even more. It was in my Sunny Day team for a really long time, before I realized that Magmortar has higher SpA.

Stealth Rock is epic... when Azelf doesn't get Taunted.

O-kay, my next team is definitely gonna have an Aerodactyl lead.

Ooooh....*glances in NU and sees Typhlosion, Zangoose, Furret, Linoone, Floatzel*

FERRET TEAM TIME

And there are another two ferrets, or at least mustelids, or at least whatever mongeese and meerkats are.

Typhlosion - awesome

Zangoose - idklol

Furret - Assist can be amazing when you plan it right, but you'll have to construct your entire team around it if you want to.

Linoone - Unstoppable when paired with Memento. It destroys me nearly every single time. I only managed to stop it once, through pure h4x (got a couple of flinches from Tropius's Air Slash)

Floatzel - Uh, I don't think it's that useful without rain.

Weavile is one.

But not NU.

Never underestimate NFEs

Typhlosion - awesome

Zangoose - idklol

Furret - Assist can be amazing when you plan it right, but you'll have to construct your entire team around it if you want to.

Linoone - Unstoppable when paired with Memento. It destroys me nearly every single time. I only managed to stop it once, through pure h4x (got a couple of flinches from Tropius's Air Slash)

Floatzel - Uh, I don't think it's that useful without rain.

Please explain how furret and Linoone can be used, because I have no idea.

Edited by Quac!

Please explain how furret and Linoone can be used, becasue I have no idea.

Furret can learn Assist. If the team is constructed with awesome moves like Belly Drum and Spore, then yeah, it's pretty obvious where it's potential lies. It's like Metronome but it narrows down the possible moves to a list that you have complete control over. The best part: it can even use moves from fainted Pokemon, so if you're lucky, you can have a second Belly Drummer after your first one fell.

Linoone - Belly Drum, Gluttony, and Extremespeed. Belly Drum maximizes its Attack, but leaves it at 50% health. Thanks to Gluttony, it eats the Salac Berry immediately and raises its Speed. Then it uses high-powered Extremespeeds to finish off everyone. Shadow Claw kills Ghosts and Seed Bomb destroys Rocks. If it can Belly Drum without dying, then it's almost impossible to win. It can destroy your entire team very easily after that.