• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AstraLunaSol

• Amelia

• Junkhead

• Thor Odinson

Why?

Too many things to keep track of. Unit funds, weapons, love growths, huge maps, losing track of which units to use (or even where they are). Basically, for every 5 minutes I actually spend playing the game, I have to spend 30-40 minutes looking stuff up or planning. I don't like that. If I wanted to play a puzzle game, I'd play a puzzle game.

Too many things to keep track of. Unit funds, weapons, love growths, huge maps, losing track of which units to use (or even where they are). Basically, for every 5 minutes I actually spend playing the game, I have to spend 30-40 minutes looking stuff up or planning. I don't like that. If I wanted to play a puzzle game, I'd play a puzzle game.

Then don't do it. There's no need to spend time planning anything. How many chapters did you play anyway?

Or heck care plans and start kicking ass. You will get OP units in both generations anyway (Sigurd, Levin and Cuan when he's around in Gen 1, Elite Ring!Celice, Aless and Sety in Gen 2)

2 1/2. Which is 2 1/2 more than I'm really glad to have played.

Then most of your concerns fall under "You worry too much" and lack of actually trying to learn how to play the game possibly due to some baseless bias you developed against the game. Let's see...

Unit funds

Few units actually need funds and if you're trying to distribute items to your weaker units that can't get money in the arena, that's your own problem.

weapons

What? Stick 1 or 2 weapons on each character (assuming they can use them) and you're set. Are you trying distribute items perfectly on a FIRST playthrough or something?

love growths

Stick 2 characters adjacent as many times as possible during the first 50 turns and there you go. Same as the GBA support system. Heck there's instances where you won't need to move those 2 units and can him them paired up by a chapter's end.

losing track of which units to use (or even where they are).

Like with the GBA games, there's a button that allows you to automatically move the cursor to other units. There is also a button that moves your cursor to the castles in the map if you want to see its surroundings.

Yes, it is so fun to go around with your lord just killing every unit and tromping through big maps.

It actually is until the enemies get smart enough to avoid fighting said Lord in the enemy phase.

Edited by Sirius

And then you waste time killing surrounding units. Then you just burn turns like crazy.

Or manipulate the enemy into attacking you by storing the rings you have on Sigurd and customizing it so he can double with a Javelin. Problem solved.

Or manipulate the enemy into attacking you by storing the rings you have on Sigurd and customizing it so he can double with a Javelin. Problem solved.

So basically go kill all the enemies with one unit still, and by that do you mean that they start attacking again?

So basically go kill all the enemies with one unit still, and by that do you mean that they start attacking again?

You only have to kill all of them if you happen to be defending a fort. Most of the time, you can bypass enemies and nuke them upon seizing their enemy castle. Yes, by weakening Sigurd's DEF and Avoid, enemies will start attacking again as those that do not attack Sigurd are doing so because they've been programmed to take note of the avoid and def and not bother with enemies they cannot hit. Placing Sigurd in Road terrain and giving him a Javelin puts a dent in his avoid so there you go.

Which is boring.

That's your opinion. I prefer to manage few units and I don't care for slightly higher base stats on the children so the only problem I have with a Sigurd solo is that it's easy but that's true for the game as well IMO.

Edited by Sirius