• Replies 84.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AstraLunaSol

• Amelia

• Junkhead

• Thor Odinson

Why pay so much money for something so expensive when you can get something equally good for free, though?

Sorry, Photoshop, but that's why you fail in my eyes.

I pop on for a second and sees this.

Photoshop has ridiculous capability. Just most people don't learn all of it. Hell, even I don't know all of it and I've been using it for what, 5 years?

I've even played around with its new built-in 3D stuff. It's pretty fun.

-pops out again-

Why pay so much money for something so expensive when you can get something equally good for free, though?

Just like anything else, you can pirate photoshop.

Photoshop has the advantage of being able to go for a bajillion layers to test out colors, however, and going at 32x zoom. (CS4)

Actually, I have tested out several settings for the fill bucket and selection tool, and despite me not having touched MS Paint in about 5 years found it to be quite useful now. It involves putting the tolerance level on the fill bucket tool to 1 or 2, and stuff.

Though it is very expensive.

Anyway, recoloring my personal mug is a pain at the moment. It's what I get for making it back when I didn't know about PS fill tolerance levels. >____<

We're talking about a simple mugsheet here, not some detailed character artwork that's almost as good as FE official art.

And I'm a pirate

And on a not-so completely different note, does it have to be 16 colors? I took a Ephraim mug off of SF and tested out the colors. Turns out he has 55. WTF.

Doesn't matter. Usenti could bring it down to 16 after that.

It's just, I can't get it down to 15+background. I'm stuck at 16+background because there's just this ONE extra color. MF---

Do you have the palette? If two colors look really close to each other, you could replace one with the other.

Thanks for the infodump, btw. Proto. I saved it as txt file for future reference.

Or you can just save the link to the site that taught me

Just like anything else, you can pirate photoshop.

Day off today. Parent-teacher interviews. And since Mum can cbf going, I'll just be at home all day.

RHYTHM~!!!!!

How are you doing?

Amelia went bye-bye already. I feel sad. ;_;

I wanted to ask her if she could give me some tips to help me out.

What do you use, ALiS?

School. Like Astra said.

Recolor first! Then splice splice splice splice.... And splice. Then custom. After that is FC like Astra! =3

MSPaint and Usenti rocks. Paint.Net is useful, too. Photoshop.. .Uh... Things kinda fuzzy and icky... >>

Soluna, what do you use for your artz?

Paint Tool SAI works, too. The vector layer is <3

Plus, its "Water" tool helps you blend the colors really good.

I just realized, I'm gonna be web designing this year. I need to learn how to make banners and shit.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

..... :newyears:

I could teach you basics...? 8D

That works.

Envyenvyenvy

I really need to make a Jamka banner, but I got no clue where to start.

I really need to make a Jamka banner, but I got no clue where to start.

First of all, you'll need some good OFFICIAL Art

http://www.serenesforest.net/media/treasure/Verdane0.jpg

http://www.serenesforest.net/media/tcg/1/fe026.jpg

http://www.serenesforest.net/media/tcg/3/fe3-008.jpg

http://www.serenesforest.net/media/tcg/2/fe2-009.jpg

First two are possibly the same one, but I like the third and fourth ones better. Take your pick.

We're talking about a simple mugsheet here, not some detailed character artwork that's almost as good as FE official art.

Unfortunately, I can't do anything without using over 30 layers.

MS paint confuses the hell out of me. How the hell am I supposed to splice without getting it all over the place without Photoshop's multi-layer option? I need that eraser for a reason. (This is coming from someone who hasn't touched MSPaint in about 5 years, btw. obvious bias)

And recently, I got Photoshop's spriting capabilities to be better than MS paint's. Tolerance Levels FTW.

I got it down to 16 fine now. Though I do have to ask Astra about the coloration... I'm not too pleased with what FE8 uses as black as a hair color in all their mugs. It doesn't look right.

LUMI

YOU'RE EXPERIENCED WITH THESE THINGS

HELP ME

AAAAAAHHH also you're the only other person I know who uses Photoshop to splice~

Edited by Furetchen

Pen tool.

If you don't have a tablet, it's the best way to cut out a picture. DeviantArt should have some good tutorials there. It's where I learned it.

Then... uh, hard to explain via writing. We'll do this step by step.

Oh and download some fancy brushes and fonts.

(Also Astra, when you get on, Is my original colors okay (besides the outline and the darker parts, I'll deal with that), actually? I recolored my mug on colors existing in the original FE8 mugs and it doesn't look right.)

Background. Pick a suitable color. And I gotta go to school soon. In the mean time, browse DA for more tutorials.

Green!

No, wait, it's Jamka!

Fuck, I hadn't thought ahead this far!