That One Thread

Florete

A sword depends on size and quality too. You can't just pick up any rusted sword and expect to fight well with it. And you can't pick up say, a claymore, and expect to handle it well when you don't have the necessary strength/skill for such a weapon.

Yes, I can.

• Replies 84.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AstraLunaSol

• Amelia

• Junkhead

• Thor Odinson

A sword depends on size and quality too. You can't just pick up any rusted sword and expect to fight well with it. And you can't pick up say, a claymore, and expect to handle it well when you don't have the necessary strength/skill for such a weapon.

Incidentally, that's part of the reason firearms caught on so well. Normal weapons requiring a great deal of strength and skill to use effectively, and while early firearms sucked, it was much faster to train a musketeer.

Katanas are supposed to be among the best swords in the world. Yet they can't really stand up to a gun. If you used an average sword, you'd probably do even worse.

EDIT: Soul Soul Soul...Devil May Cry is about demons, not vampires.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the Japanese don't know how vampires are actually supposed to act anyway. See: Castlevania.

Edited by Anouleth

Soul Soul Soul...Devil May Cry is about demons, not vampires.

A friend told me otherwise. :c

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the Japanese don't know how vampires are actually supposed to act anyway. See: Castlevania.

See: LEGACY OF KAIN

They know, but they don't really give a damn. Incidentally, Castlevania has the truest portrayal of the classic vampire in Japanese games (that I've seen). Dracula, at least. He's the same old Dracula just...a lot more powerful.

They know, but they don't really give a damn. Incidentally, Castlevania has the truest portrayal of the classic vampire in Japanese games (that I've seen). Dracula, at least. He's the same old Dracula just...a lot more powerful.

I never played that game. 8O

Punch him in the face for me. :awesome:

ok

See: LEGACY OF KAIN

I can't say I've seen it before.

It's still pretty poor, but recent games have been getting better, like actually seeing other vampires in Portrait of Ruin. Then again, you have all that bullshit in Dawn of Sorrow about 'heirs to Dracula's power' and Dracula just being a host for various demons from the Abyss or whatever, and how all his power derives from his castle and he's BFFs with Death.

It's still pretty poor, but recent games have been getting better, like actually seeing other vampires in Portrait of Ruin.

There's Carmilla in the past games, and Alucard is half-vampire. Then there's Order of Ecclesia which has a ton of vampires (including a Chinese one!).

Then again, you have all that bullshit in Dawn of Sorrow about 'heirs to Dracula's power'

Dawn of Sorrow's story/characters are best ignored.

and Dracula just being a host for various demons from the Abyss or whatever,

Wait, what? I never remember anything like that. Dracula has always been Dracula as far as I know.

and how all his power derives from his castle and he's BFFs with Death.

I don't think his vampire powers derive from the castle, but yes, his immense magical powers are from the castle. I don't see how that or the Death thing is bad, though.

I'm not very good at organising notes. Well, maybe I am, but I wouldn't know since I never do it.

But yeah, Calculus was one of my favourite classes. Not as good as Analysis or Vector Spaces, though.

I'm organizing it for the 40 or so people in my grade who takes the Multivariable course so they can access the teacher's notes online, since I save it off the smartboard after class.

It helps so much~ And I can learn from it on my own since I have sleep-deprivation->sleeping through the entire school day issues.

Katanas are supposed to be among the best swords in the world. Yet they can't really stand up to a gun. If you used an average sword, you'd probably do even worse.

I think there was a video of a someone shooting a machine gun at a katana. It still cut through a few bullets before breaking.

...shame. They coulda mailed me that sword. I want it.

I liked Aria of Sorrow. nice and simple. x:

Yes. It should've stopped there. No need for a sequel.

Aria of Sorrow should have given you access to the Black Panther way earlier.

That would be disastrous.