• Replies 84.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AstraLunaSol

• Amelia

• Junkhead

• Thor Odinson

yeah if your willing to train him in FE9 he is an absolute tank, high HP, high SPD, above average defense and he kills things too with good STR what more could you wan't.

They have the same Str & Skill, Rolf beats her in Def while she beats him in Res, she is also easier to train due to having Canto and Elite skill to level up faster. And Rolf has an E rank, which won't help him get a Steel Bow from the start.

I prefer Rolf to Astrid. I've found Astrid frustrating and weak in the past, but I'm starting to warm up to her. Yeah, Rolf pretty much takes out anything in one turn, especally when you give him the Silencer. I trained him in FE 9 too. He;s one of my most reliable.

Roflmao really needs to be babied early, though. I find it hilarious that he looks up to Shinon as a master bowyer when the best he could do is the patented 'Slim Bow', perfect for making a war bloodless.

Of course you're warming up to her, it's logic most girls will like the cute shota while guys will stay with the girl, but in gameplay, tactics and tiers Astrid is better.

In personal experience: I trained both, both are great, though Astrid is more useful for her movement and to use 1 range weapons upon promotion.

Me and my friend (he had PoR, I'd beaten SS by then so I was his advisor, and was directly responsible for the deaths of about four guys due to poor placement) got Astrid to L6 on BEXP, then gave up after a 0-stat level up...

We had enough archers by then anyway, in Sniper Rofl (we gave him most statboosters and a Master Seal, I recall) and Paladin Oscar. We got back Shinon, but the useless racist bastard died sometime in Oliver's levels.