• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AstraLunaSol

• Amelia

• Junkhead

• Thor Odinson

So, what are you arguing about?

BC/AD (the correct terms) vs. BCE/CE (the terms used by butthurt Atheist Moral Guardians)

And I'm here Iced! :3

Just because Christianity forced the concept of BC and AD onto many doesn't validate it. BCE is correct. I can equally say BC/AD is for buttheaded Chrisian people who go on crusades.

BC/AD (the correct terms) vs. BCE/CE (the terms used by butthurt Atheist Moral Guardians)

Just because Christianity forced the concept of BC and AD onto many doesn't validate it. BCE is correct. I can equally say BC/AD is for buttheaded Chrisian people who go on crusades.

We INVENTED it, therefore we reserve the right to force terminology.

Never mind that Anno Domini and Current Era both translate to the exact same thing in Japanese...

Never mind that Anno Domini and Current Era both translate to the exact same thing in Japanese...

That doesn't matter though.

Bullshit. Many inventions created have laws restricting the use. We also created BCE. Therefore we can force the terminology by your logic. Provide an argument that doesn't contradict yours.

Bullshit. Many inventions created have laws restricting the use. We also created BCE. Therefore we can force the terminology by your logic. Provide an argument that doesn't contradict yours.

AD/BC is the original terminology, as well as the more culturally accepted. Besides, "Common Era" (Since I actually looked it up) Has no real meaning behind it, since Judaism and Islam STILL use completely different Calendars. BC, which stands for Before Christ, DOES have meaning to it, since it's the era before Jesus Christ- The actual historical figure who we have PHYSICAL DOCUMENTATION ON beside the Bible, of which the New Testament was written ABOUT HIM- was born.

Although Jesus was actually born in 5AD, not 0AD...

Hi Azaka!

Fix'd.

So, is "Azaka" Japanese for Alan or soemthing? :mellow:

Nope. Azaka fits alright~

Alan is a boy's name.

I know, it's Soul's name, he admitted to it.

Alan Soularis. Now shut up, call me Azaka.

AD/BC is the original terminology, as well as the more culturally accepted. Besides, "Common Era" (Since I actually looked it up) Has no real meaning behind it, since Judaism and Islam STILL use completely different Calendars. BC, which stands for Before Christ, DOES have meaning to it, since it's the era before Jesus Christ- The actual historical figure who we have PHYSICAL DOCUMENTATION ON beside the Bible, of which the New Testament was written ABOUT HIM- was born.

Although Jesus was actually born in 5AD, not 0AD...

BCE is essentially the way to avoid offending people who don't believe in Christ. I'm arguing that they both are correct. A lot of things have no reason behind it, but we don't condemn those. So why is BCE wrong? The BC and AD aren't accurate for Christ's real birth and everything. They just wanted to apply it.