Heal and Destroy

TinySteps

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know... from X Factor?

To put it short, they sucked, but some douchebags voted for them anyway, erasing GOOD acts from the show. What you're doing is pretty much teh same: voting for the thing which doesn't deserve to win and you know it.

It's not about what's best. It is about personal choice. The DB is best for the chapters it is in. I won't dispute that but I dislike it's sadly limited avaliabilty compared to most weapons.

Edited by BlackKnight666

Silencer-131

Double Bow-60

It's not about what's best. It is about personal choice. The DB is best for the chapters it is in. I won't dispute that but I dislike it's sadly limited avaliabilty compared to most weapons.

I covered that in my previous post. The silencer does very little to the team compared to what the DB does. It costs 8000 gold IIRC, while a steel bow forge with +10 crit but -1 mt costs 1700 gold less. The DB is free and solves Shinon's - or any bow user in this games main problem - teh lack of an enemy phase.

Edited by kirsche

You get the silencer in an infoconversation yes. But that's at 3-E, which is even more failol than 4-E because it can be completed by just the NPC's + Ike. And after that, you get silver bow forges, which have high mt and crt than the silencer and by this point you have so much money you don't care if it costs more.

Crossbows are fail, perhaps I should have been more specific and said decent enemy phase, rather than just enemy phase.

Heck, 4-E-1 isn't actually that fail, and it certainly makes Shinon a better spirit/dragon killer than most units. Not to mention Shinon's one of the few units that can use Nasir effectively like this with it:

XXSXX
XXNXX
XAATX
XAZAX
XAAAX

X- empty space
N - Nasir
Z - Ashera
S - Shinon
A - Aura
T - Target Aura

Sure, he can do that with the silencer, but with less power. Shinon is basically an aura destroying machine with it (it essentially has 9 more MT than the silencer). to sum it up:

-The silencer is either too expensive or is overshadowed by a forge

-The DB is never overshadowed and essentially gives a unit one of the highest Atk power against an aura from such a distance.

The DB is clearly better.

Edited by kirsche

0.o Elaborate on using Nasir effectively.

You have not yet argued about the DBs limited availability so I'll assume you have conceded that it is only avaliable on LOLPhail levels.

Also you haven't really said anything about the free silencer. It does outshadow the forge in it's cost because free>not free.

Also you were saying this as a competition between which weapon is better. Since when was Thoron>Rexcalibur?

Silencer will have more uses than the forged silver. You need two forged silvers to get the equivalent use count of one silencer.

It costs 8000 gold IIRC, while a steel bow forge with +10 crit but -1 mt costs 1700 gold less.

Lets set Shinon as a level 15 marksman.

By then he has capped skill at 40 on average.

40% critical for Silver bow +1mt(silencer).

50% critical for Silver bow.

50*0.4=20

25*0.5=12.5

Looks like Silencer gets more criticals than a cheaper bow and does more damage.

Calculate total MT of damage ignoring defenses.

31 av str. 16 mt silencer, 15 mt silver bow.

47 mt with silencer 46 with silver.

47*3*20+47*30=4230

46*3*12.5+46*12.5=2300.

Getting 2 forges is 12600 vs 8000. Looks like it costs 4600 more gold for just 370 more total mt.

Silencer>Forged Silver in my opinion based on what you have given me.

I don't have enemy stats so I'm not sure exactly what it's worth in Oliver's mansion but it seems to me that the Silencer is winning here.

The Double Bow comes in the last levels where 4 of the 5 are boss kills.

So the DB is better but comes too late.

Silencer-129

Double Bow-58

Edited by BlackKnight666