FE8 100% crits run

Because 0% growths is becoming conformist, I decided to do something different. At first I was going to do 0 bases, but didn't think that was very interesting, so instead I modified every weapon to have 200 crit instead of whatever it has. This results into everything either missing or doing triple damage all the way until you get a Hoplon Guard.

Ch2 -

Ch4 -

Ch5 -

Ch5x -

Ch6 -

Ch7 -

Ch8 -

I didn't record P, 1 or 3 because I didn't really feel like it. You'll find that neither my planning nor my recording are as clean as you might be used to (see: vykan/dondon vids), but I hope you will enjoy nonetheless.

My plan is to use a somewhat large team with 1-2 range and good movement, with the exception of Gilliam who has the defense to survive or sometimes even nullify crits. I've been raising Vanessa, Gilliam and Franz mostly, and plan to use Lute, Artur, Forde, Kyle, and obviously Seth.

Edited by Mekkah

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an interesting concept. It looks like the emphasis of the game shifts to player phase, as the motto here seems to be "don't get hit."

As well as Weapon Triangle and avoid...

So let's see, 0% Growth, 100% Crits... what's next, an enemy reverse playthrough where physical enemies are switched with magic users while the magic enemies are replaced by tougher magic/physical enemies?

It's interesting, but frustratingm you'll get owned if you encounter ,magic users...unless you're using Seth, if you encounter myrmidons or mercenaries, it would be best to use Gilliam and train him to get a higher Defense.

Calleach is gonna be fun, high hit, 1-2 range, and no criticals... but I doubt you'll really struggle on him. Also, did you consider visiting the arena? I'd have thought that'd be a laugh, since you'd probably OHKO stuff :D

I put Joshua in the arena once, he just killed a Shaman and won.

And yeah, I look forward to Caellach. Will probably just rig more misses.

That´s an option I guess, I´ll just have to get Rennac or something over there. Oh, and Ch8 is up.

Edited by Mekkah

I'm a bit concerned about Gilliam's early promotion - don't you think he'll end up too weak? I can see why you did it, made this chapter a fair bit faster, but I might have waited a chapter or two - get him some faster experience.

Arena is going to be VERY risky since if you're fighting a strong but slow opponent, you're still screwed. XD I wonder how you'll survive against the demon king. :/I guess that's why you have the hoplon guard.

Crits with a sacred twin one shot the demon king.Easy.

No, they don't. Take Garm on Garcia - 30 STR + 20*2 mt = 70 power. DK has 25+10 defence so 35. (70-35)*3 = 105 damage. And this is the strongest weapon. If Myrrh's Dragonstone has 3 times effectiveness, it'd be possible but I don't think she does.

Can't a thief steal Caellach's hoplon guard? If not Colm, then maybe Rennac can do it.

Also, worst case scenario, someone like Gilliam only gets 2RKOed by Caellach's crits. Just give him a brave weapon and physic every turn.

Edited by Vykan12

C19.

That bottom portion will be amazing.

Gorgons, Cyclops and Riev :newyears:

So I guess Gilliam, Garcia, Ross or any axe user would be a beast now.

...You realise that C19 is Rausten, and not Morva's chapter, right?

And how would axe users now be "awesome"?

Very interesting. Atk and Def from supports are pretty much tripled now (1 becomes 3, 3 becomes 9, 5 becomes 15(!)). Crit bonuses are worthless, on the other hand.

I bet Brave weapons will come in handy for those high Def enemies, though at that point they may be superfluous.

At least Trainees will be helpful now.

EDIT: Thinking of a new idea- all playable characters are Soldiers. With access to different weapons.

Edited by OliverXRenning

No, they don't. Take Garm on Garcia - 30 STR + 20*2 mt = 70 power. DK has 25+10 defence so 35. (70-35)*3 = 105 damage. And this is the strongest weapon. If Myrrh's Dragonstone has 3 times effectiveness, it'd be possible but I don't think she does.

Calculations page says Effective bonus: 3 if weapon is effective against enemy (2 if weapon is Sieglinde, Audhulma, Siegmund, Vidofnir, Garm, Nidhogg, Excalibur or Ivaldi), 1 if not, so it likely does. Which means I won't need Hoplon Guard. I plan to beat the game without equipping the Hoplon Guard on anyone if possible.

For Gilliam's early promotion, he has pretty much Duessel's base stats right now.

chilliam-TilJI.png

I think he will be fine. His Spd got waaay blessed. I say blessed because I only RNG abused for str/def.